The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

1-0 Bruins after 40, but McAvoy is trying to mess things up. I'd love to have Marchand on my team, even though his nose is bigger than my... :blush:
  • Like 1

1-0 Bruins after 40, but McAvoy is trying to mess things up. I'd love to have Marchand on my team, even though his nose is bigger than my... :blush:

Bruins up, Celtics down.

3-0 your final. Rask on fire. To quote Chicken hawk, "Go Bruins!" :chickendance:
  • Like 1

3-0 your final. Rask on fire. To quote Chicken hawk, "Go Bruins!" :chickendance:

Good to see them close out a game.
  • Like 1

Rask was outstanding. Credit where it’s due.

• Like 1

You know what he doesn’t get enough credit for? His PK.

That guy can do anything. A monster player. Also, considering his style of play, he doesn't put the team behind the eight ball too much. He's an Andrew Shaw to the 10th power. :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Blues are screwing it up again. 50+ years of playoff disappointments. :smash:

I have to eat my words, but I didn't expect Dallas to disappear for most of game 7. What did they have, four shots on goal in the 2nd and 3rd period? :facepalm:
  • Like 1

BlackhawkRush, at one point in the game, which was after the third period, the overall shots were 41-17, for St. Louis. After the first period, Dallas, were outshooting St. Louis, 13-10. After the second, and third periods, St. Louis, were outshooting Dallas, 31-4. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

You know what he doesn’t get enough credit for? His PK.

That guy can do anything. A monster player. Also, considering his style of play, he doesn't put the team behind the eight ball too much. He's an Andrew Shaw to the 10th power. :notworthy:

He's a very adept possession guy.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Tastes like victory.

Boy, I hope the Sharks can get some teeth in time for the St Louis series. :unsure:

No killer instinct...but enough desire to get by?

I went three out of, and for four. Out of the two rounds, I'm seven out of, and for twelve. In, and for the Eastern Conference, again, I thought, and wanted Columbus to eliminate by knocking out Boston, and Carolina to eliminate by knocking out the Islanders. In, and for the Western Conference, again, San Jose to eliminate by knocking out Colorado, and St. Louis to eliminate by knocking out Dallas. If I had to pick by choosing, I hope Carolina over Boston, and between San Jose and St. Louis, I think San Jose in a slight edge. The Western Conference Finals might be even more of a toss up, and pick 'em. They, and the both of them might be too close to predict as this year's playoffs have been even more unpredictable. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Gotta go with Brad "Man of Few Words" Marchand, Hammonds Plains, NS.

Brad-Marchand-Kyle-Bukauskas-832x447.png

Marchand is also an escapee Trailer Park Boy. He was able to get out because he could play hockey. He still sometimes turns into Ricky on the ice.

be9715ec2628d52426ec53c810fe77aa.jpg

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Marchand is also an escapee Trailer Park Boy. He was able to get out because he could play hockey. He still sometimes turns into Ricky on the ice.

Well, when Rick(y) Astley is asking questions, why not? ;)
  • Like 1

Brad was just really fighting the urge to lick him. :P

• Like 1

Or kick him. :chickendance:
  • Like 1

It's funny how people are calling him "salty" for his Tortorella-esque retorts. I'm pretty sure he can be waaaaaaay saltier!

But the little bastard can sure move the puck. Should be a good one tonight! :cheers:

• Like 1

It's funny how people are calling him "salty" for his Tortorella-esque retorts. I'm pretty sure he can be waaaaaaay saltier!

But the little bastard can sure move the puck. Should be a good one tonight! :cheers:

I'm glad they're starting tonight, instead of waiting until the weekend. We'll get plenty of that before the final. The only reason I might be upset about Columbus not getting through is Tortorella. I really liked what he said about the National Anthem controversy. Also, maybe Panarin, but a long time ago, I kinda got tired of ex-Hawk players going to other teams and winning the Cup there.

Well, I am feeling a bit down after that loss last night. It sucks to have the game turn on a stupid call by the ref. Landeskog owned up to his mistake but still.... :rage: The Avs will be back, they are going to keep getting better.

I hope the Canes can give Boston a good run, my wish would be a Blues v Canes final but I don't hold out a lot of hope. May not be a fun final for me to watch, at least I don't have to see Ovie this year :D

• Like 3