The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Rask got bored. :gumby: 6-2

He was still in?

:P

Yeah, Bruins tried to rest some of their players in the third, but does it make any sense when you're doing it in the last ten minutes? It's not like they're gonna feel refreshed for game 3 after missing three shifts. :blink:
  • Like 1

He was still in?

Yeah, Bruins tried to rest some of their players in the third, but does it make any sense when you're doing it in the last ten minutes? It's not like they're gonna feel refreshed for game 3 after missing three shifts. :blink:

They stopped playing. It didn’t affect the outcome. But it’s not a good look IMO.

• Like 1

He was still in?

They stopped playing. It didn’t affect the outcome. But it’s not a good look IMO.

Yes, you don't want the opposing team to feel good about themselves at all, going into the next game. I know you might be thinking about injuries to your star players, but 6-0 looks a lot better than 6-2.

Ya think Petr Mrazek is getting dear in the headlights syndrome? Damn, all those goals! Did BrinD'amour purposely leave him in the crease?

4-0, but I wonder if Marchand is going to get a suspension for that stick to Williams' head. :unsure: Referees missed it completely.

It was a dick move, but not suspension worthy, even with his history. But then again, Carolina is a bunch of pansies. Their media is all bent out of shape because a Boston Radio guy hung up on o e of their reporters because he couldn't listen to a guy with a southern accent talk about hockey. I want Dougie Hamilton to pick a fight with Chara and his see his face get turned into hamburger.

4-0, but I wonder if Marchand is going to get a suspension for that stick to Williams' head. :unsure: Referees missed it completely.

It was a dick move, but not suspension worthy, even with his history.

A cross check to the throat is retaliation worthy, though. Down two games, can the Canes afford to?

A nice sub-plot.

Into the Boston and Carolina Eastern Conference Finals, it's only the first two games. I'm a positive, and optimistic person. I'm not, and haven't been the type of person, who is prejudice. Boston, haven't been called for some illegal things that they've been doing in games including interference. To add another thing, Carolina, aren't even close to being a bunch of pansies. I don't know what some of you guys, and people think, and might think of that. A person, and people can dream for anything, but not all dreams do come true. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Into the Boston and Carolina Eastern Conference Finals, it's only the first two games. I'm a positive, and optimistic person. I'm not, and haven't been the type of person, who is prejudice. Boston, haven't been called for some illegal things that they've been doing in games including interference. To add another thing, Carolina, aren't even close to being a bunch of pansies. I don't know what some of you guys, and people think, and might think of that. A person, and people can dream for anything, but not all dreams do come true.

Yeah, pansies don't win two rounds in NHL playoffs. Maybe two rounds of golf? :coy:

They're certainly playing like pansies in this series. Especially that puss Hamilton.

And stop bitching about the refs. The series has been called evenly, if not accurately.

Hamilton acts more like a goon than a pansy. And you don't want to tell a goon that he's a pansy. To tell the truth, with all the boneheaded moves Dougie is making on the ice during this series, you start to wonder which team he's playing for. ;)
  • Like 1

Really, Ed? You were the one, who said by calling the Carolina Hurricanes' team the name "pansies". They didn't eliminate by knocking out Washington, who did win the Stanley Cup last year, and Carolina, who did eliminate by knocking out the "New York Islanders", who did eliminate by knocking out still the powerhouse team the "Pittsburgh Penguins". I'm not looking, and sounding like I'm bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining about anything including the refereeing, and officiating. If you know how to play hockey on ice, why don't you go on an ice rink, and try it. BlackhawkRush, we know, who, and which team Doug Hamilton plays for. Don't need to look, and sound like we don't know that. I have nothing against the "Chicago Blackhawks" as I like them. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I'll say this, San Jose has a terrible Anthem singer. :facepalm:

Well, it's not like Geddy can sing the early stuff that well either.

Really, Ed? You were the one, who said by calling the Carolina Hurricanes team the name "pansies". They didn't eliminate by knocking out Washington, who did win the Stanley Cup last year, and Carolina, who did eliminate by knocking out the "New York Islanders", who did eliminate by knocking out still the powerhouse team the "Pittsburgh Penguins". I'm not looking, and sounding like I'm bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining about anything including the refereeing. If you know how to play hockey on ice, why don't you go on an ice rink, and try it. BlackhawkRush, we know, who, and which team Doug Hamilton plays for. Don't need to look, and sound like we don't know that. I have nothing against the "Chicago Blackhawks" as I like them.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here.

Really, Ed? You were the one, who said by calling the Carolina Hurricanes team the name "pansies". They didn't eliminate by knocking out Washington, who did win the Stanley Cup last year, and Carolina, who did eliminate by knocking out the "New York Islanders", who did eliminate by knocking out still the powerhouse team the "Pittsburgh Penguins". I'm not looking, and sounding like I'm bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining about anything including the refereeing. If you know how to play hockey on ice, why don't you go on an ice rink, and try it. BlackhawkRush, we know, who, and which team Doug Hamilton plays for. Don't need to look, and sound like we don't know that. I have nothing against the "Chicago Blackhawks" as I like them.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here.

He doesn't like Boston, and he likes the Hawks...right?

I'll say this, San Jose has a terrible Anthem singer. :facepalm:

Well, it's not like Geddy can sing the early stuff that well either.

If Geddy were to sing the old stuff like this San Jose guy, I would've been listening to Disco Fever In those days. :codger:

San Jose did everthing but get the puck in the net. Lots of chances. St Louis played well, of course, so congrats to them.
  • Like 2

Sunday night my wife's family and my family went out to dinner for Mother's Day. My dad, my son and I were all seated at one end of the table, and the series was a big topic of discussion. My son is already calculating when the parade will be, having been raised a Boston sports fan in the 21st century. My 82 year old dad thinks the Bruins lose in 6. I'm in the middle. I like their chances in this round, although tonight is the real test. Carolina has been ferocious at home in the playoffs. A team that doesn't lose at home leaves you with little room for error.
  • Like 2

Well the Blues showed they are not ready to quit...4-2! Binnington had a much better game and the D came through with a couple of key goals.

Here's hoping they continue to win for the sake of this girl...

https://www.facebook.com/StLouisBlues/videos/424666861683993/?t=15

Now let's see Carolina show some backbone and smack those Bruins....especially Marchand (main reason I cannot cheer for them, he's a punk)

• Like 2