last movie you watched

sonicjams

Forbidden Planet-1956. Walter Pidgeon, Anne Francis, Leslie Neilsen, Earl Holliman, a young but still recognizable Richard Anderson, the debut of Robby the Robot, and the fascinating "electronic tonalities" of Louis and Bebe Barron.

Finally got around to seeing the DVR, it was the 3rd of TCM's quadruple feature last Tuesday.

(With The Day the Earth Stood Still, War of the Worlds, and The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.)

• Like 2

Forbidden Planet-1956. Walter Pidgeon, Anne Francis, Leslie Neilsen, Earl Holliman, a young but still recognizable Richard Anderson, the debut of Robby the Robot, and the fascinating "electronic tonalities" of Louis and Bebe Barron.

Finally got around to seeing the DVR, it was the 3rd of TCM's quadruple feature last Tuesday.

(With The Day the Earth Stood Still, War of the Worlds, and The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.)

MONSTERS FROM THE ID!!

Have it on Blu-ray. An absolute classic. :ebert:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Carnival Kane. Modern B-movie greatness. lol

Wait...My mistake. It's an evil circus, not an evil carnival...

b84x9-G3Q9ERA0JJW-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1517330322335._UY500_UX667_RI_V4DW5vJz99wkQVRSUj0lMv0OuVZ9agv5_TTW_.jpg

And it's actually set in an escape house, for some reason.

Some pics to whet your appetite...

Circus-Kane.jpg

http://www.ravenousmonster.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/circus-kane-movie-still2.jpg

8718868821751_inlay.jpg

Scary stuff. Don't forget your 3-D glasses!

I've watched "Spider-Man: Far From Home". I'm not saying by giving away anything including spoilers. If anyone wants to ask me my opinion on how is, and was it like Johnny, has on two of the movies I've seen, but not on all of the ones I've posted, I'll say that I recommend it. Edited by Derek19

I've watched "Spider-Man: Far From Home". I'm not saying by giving away anything including spoilers. If anyone wants to ask me my opinion on how is, and was it like Johnny, has on two of the movies I've seen, but not on all of the ones I've posted, I'll say that I recommend it.

Wakaranai

The People vs Larry Flynt. I love Woody Harrelson. He's my favorite actor of all time.

Here he is at Wimbledon. His facial expressions are so hilarious.

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 2

Finally got around to Avengers Endgame. Meh.

Avengers: Endgame finally passes Avatar as the biggest movie of all time

To be accurate, it's the highest-grossing film of all time in 2019 dollars.

If we adjust for inflation, if we assign the same dollar value to every ticket for every film, then Endgame isn't even close to the Top Spot. Domestically, the top 3 films are Gone With The Wind, Star Wars and The Sound of Music.

220px-Hype%21_FilmPoster.jpeg

From 1996, this is a documentary chronicling the bands that made up the Seattle music scene and the SubPop label before grunge became a genre and a worldwide phenomenon. The Seattle area was my old stomping grounds, so the footage of the city and outlying areas was fun to see. I also appreciate the general disdain that the bands' musicians and early supporters had and have for the hype that resulted from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and others' commercial success.

The Seattle scene was - and is - always about the music.

Saw it in the cinema, from what I remember done really well.

EARTH Vs. The FLYING SAUCERS R5mDeRE.jpg

tB88CY5.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

The Lion King.

if you want a shot for shot sterile "live action" remake.......this is for you

holy jesus disney's creativity is drowning.

now the live action Mulan looks great......new freash.....so there IS hope but this.

it was insulting.

Mick

Another great space/sci fi night yesterday on TCM. Watched The Time Machine and 2001 A Space Odyssey, DVR'ed Marooned for later.

now the live action Mulan looks great......new freash.....so there IS hope.

Mick

^ This. The Axs Nothing But trailer looked very promising.

But the one I'm salivating over is Ford v Ferrari in November. That is going to kick major ass.

• Like 1

Another great space/sci fi night yesterday on TCM. Watched The Time Machine and 2001 A Space Odyssey, DVR'ed Marooned for later.

You seen that MST3K riff of Marooned? It’s the only Oscar nominated movie to be on the show. And Ford/Ferrari does look good indeed. Mangold is a consistently good director.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

2nd favorite QT behind Kill Bill. An amazing love letter to old counter culture Hollywood.