last movie you watched

sonicjams

Hellraiser (7/10)

Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 (8/10)

Absolute trash, and I loved them both!

Not as good as the Evil Dead or Nightmare On Elm Street movies, however.

Trash I like: Evil Dead movies

Trash I didn’t like: Elm Street 3-4

Not trash and I like it: Elm Street 1

Not trash but a bit slow yet I can still enjoy it to some degree: Hellraiser 1

:P

I think the Hellraiser movies are a wee bit glorious eighties trash!

• Like 1

Hellraiser (7/10)

It’s been so long since I’ve seen it (maybe on VHS in the early 90s). I should check it out again

Hellraiser (7/10)

It’s been so long since I’ve seen it (maybe on VHS in the early 90s). I should check it out again

Do so. I love revisiting old horrors

Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark (10/10)

Claaaasssssiiiiiiccccc!

Rocketman. Pretty good but

was Elton John really that miserable throughout the entire 70s? Were his parents really that awful? Was his personal manager really that much of a prick?

Supposedly, sonce the film has Elton's stamp of approval. But yeah, one has to wonder.

I hear it has inaccuracies but I haven't looked into them. It's billed as a musical fantasy so right there the filmmakers have given themselves license to exaggerate a lot of stuff. Bohemian Rhapsody on the other hand is a more straight-forward telling of Queen's story which is probably the reason it's received so much criticism for its own inaccuracies.

A Nightmare On Elm Street (9/10)

Wes Craven is a terrific director, and his best movies neither age, nor show signs that they want too. Great fun!

• Like 3

A Nightmare On Elm Street (9/10)

Wes Craven is a terrific director, and his best movies neither age, nor show signs that they want too. Great fun!

Geez, that movie is sooo creepy! I used to work all kinds of jobs but one was in an after school center. I couldn't believe the number of first and second graders that had watched Freddie Kruger with their families! :o They used to joke about it so my male co worker brought in Bugles (cone shaped corn snack thingies) on Halloween and told everyone they were Freddie's fingernails! :LOL: They loved it! (during the daylight at least . . .)

In 1974 Philippe Petit walked on a wire between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. Check out the documentary Man On Wire! The story is so unbelievable, it's just crazy, literally uplifting and beautiful. Once you saw that movie you will never forget it. Great homage to New York and the Twin Towers! If you're afraid of heights this one is for you...

VevFmNM.jpg

• Like 1

Joker.

Joaquin Phoenix is phenomenal in it. Shines a big spotlight on how serious mental illness can be. I would love if they figured out a way to do a sequel. There's so much more they can do with this version of the character.

• Like 3

Joker.

Joaquin Phoenix is phenomenal in it. Shines a big spotlight on how serious mental illness can be. I would love if they figured out a way to do a sequel. There's so much more they can do with this version of the character.

Phoenix has said he's up for a sequel, and that he's become obsessed with this character.

I can't wait to see it!

• Like 2

Joker.

Pheonix is as good as is said.

i'll be honest i was kinda bored and nodding off about the first 30 mins but when it kicked up i was invested.

solid B+ because i didn't need to see the wayne's dying......AGAIN!!!.

people stared at me cause i sighed out loud, lol.

but all in all. great film. loved the uncomfortable atmosphere.

Mick

• Like 4

Joker.

Pheonix is as good as is said.

but all in all. great film. loved the uncomfortable atmosphere.

Mick

Love the cinematography that gave it that gritty feel of a movie like Taxi Driver. Also, love the juxtaposition and nod to King Of Comedy with DeNiro playing the Jerry Lewis role this time and Phoenix in the Bickle/Pupkin role.

220px-Legend_of_bagger_vance_ver2.jpg

Have to mention Bruce McGill when praising this movie. He’s one of my favorite living veteran character actors

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Joker.

I found the abject cruelty of so many people around Fleck the most jarring part of the movie. Thomas Wayne and, I guess, Alfred in particular. In many ways it’s a very sad movie. Phoenix’s Joker isn’t as fun as Ledger’s, but he isn’t supposed to be. Phoenix is perfect in this role though.

• Like 2