last movie you watched

sonicjams

The third Brian DePalma film in the past month for me .. Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Carrie

I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time I've ever seen Carrie, and it was G R E A T ... Sissy Spacek KNOCK 'EM DEAD KID

What a performance

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Carrieposter.jpg

First time?!! Holy cow!!!

What an excellent, creepy movie it is!

Carrie is one of those classics that somehow I never watched !! ... excellent movie, one of DePalma's best

I didn't know about the subplot with Carrie's mother .. geeesh, Piper Laurie was great too in her role

There's a similar mother in Salem's Lot on a smaller scale. Susan Norton's mother.

I just looked her up, and that was Bonnie Bartlett .. She's a great character actress

Maybe I'll do Salem's Lot tomorrow after the Broncos game

No not in the film versions, the crazy version of the mother is only in the book.

• Like 1

The third Brian DePalma film in the past month for me .. Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Carrie

I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time I've ever seen Carrie, and it was G R E A T ... Sissy Spacek KNOCK 'EM DEAD KID

What a performance

Carrie is one of those classics that somehow I never watched !! ... excellent movie, one of DePalma's best

I didn't know about the subplot with Carrie's mother .. geeesh, Piper Laurie was great too in her role

Yeah Piper was actually my fave performance in that movie, lol, she's amazing! There's some excellent reunion clips of that cast on YT, really worth checking out.

• Like 1

What a performance

There's a similar mother in Salem's Lot on a smaller scale. Susan Norton's mother.

I just looked her up, and that was Bonnie Bartlett .. She's a great character actress

No not in the film versions, the crazy version of the mother is only in the book.

But her Mom is in the movie, right ??

I have not seen it since the original mini series run when I was a kid .. and even then, I missed a lot of it

Bonnie Bartlett is listed as Ann Norton ... did they tone down the character for TV ??

What a performance

But her Mom is in the movie, right ??

I have not seen it since the original mini series run when I was a kid .. and even then, I missed a lot of it

Bonnie Bartlett is listed as Ann Norton ... did they tone down the character for TV ??

Yeah but they merged her dad into two characters Dr Jimmy Cody and Mr Norton becomes Dr Norton so the mum is now the doctor's wife.

Body Heat. Boy, is Kathleen Turner awesome in this. Movie is a little dated but you can definitely feel the heat.

Such a good movie. I always enjoy movies with interesting endings!

• Like 1

Body Heat. Boy, is Kathleen Turner awesome in this. Movie is a little dated but you can definitely feel the heat.

Such a good movie. I always enjoy movies with interesting endings!

Yeah me too. Ones that make you think about them after you watch them.

• Like 1

Not a movie but I started watching Black Mirror last night on Netflix. Has anyone else seen this show? I was afraid I was going to have nightmares after I watched several of the episodes.

Not a movie but I started watching Black Mirror last night on Netflix. Has anyone else seen this show? I was afraid I was going to have nightmares after I watched several of the episodes.

Cool show. I watched three or four episodes a while back. I remember one about the social media "like" concept, and one with chip implant and a haunted house.
  • Like 1

Cool show. I watched three or four episodes a while back. I remember one about the social media "like" concept, and one with chip implant and a haunted house.

Yeah. Yeah those are the first two episodes. Fascinating but creepy.

• Like 1

Will probably see Florida in a week since it’s playing at my local art house theater and the city has its annual Village Venture festival around the fowndown area. Grew up in that city as well. Won’t be surprised if it plays into the Oscar season for awhile. A24 is the best studio quality wise now.

220px-Doom_movie_poster.jpg

Spider-Man: Homecoming. Definitely the best Spidey movie ever!
  • Like 1