Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Night Ranger

actually i find their 80's stuff super incosistant.

Dawn Patrol-LOVE it

Midnight Madness-Meh......let down after DP

7 wishes-Better but not Great

Big Life-FANTASTIC!!!!!

Man in Motion-not a fan.

Where i'm finding they shine is the later era. Somewhere in California to ATBPO have been outstanding. not a bad album in that run.

Mick

Those last four albums are all really good!
  • Like 1

KillSwitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

I love Both but i have to Highlight ASX. i know their a punchline but they're right up MY alley. their like if Jim Steinman was a straight metal composer. they are so ridiculously over the top. i can't dislike them.

Mick

• Like 2

KillSwitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

I love Both but i have to Highlight ASX. i know their a punchline but they're right up MY alley. their like if Jim Steinman was a straight metal composer. they are so ridiculously over the top. i can't dislike them.

Mick

Aside from how nasally the singer’s voice is I’ve never really understood the flack they get.

• Like 2

Trivium

Killswitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

Thanks to Mick for getting me back into these bands !!!

• Like 3

KillSwitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

Mick

Aside from how nasally the singer’s voice is I’ve never really understood the flack they get.

thing is when you dive into them they're great. Masters at melody. their playing is Dream Theater level for me. and i even dig the vocals now. they grow on you.

they were super popular and people said how dare they succeed.

Mick

• Like 2

Oh and also Mastodon. Loved the two new songs and it lead me back to their discography.
  • Like 1

KillSwitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

Mick

thing is when you dive into them they're great. Masters at melody. their playing is Dream Theater level for me. and i even dig the vocals now. they grow on you.

Mick

I think DT, Trivium and A7X are on the same level. I also think of the three, DT is the band with the worst music (but also the best)

KillSwitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

Mick

Mick

I think DT, Trivium and A7X are on the same level. I also think of the three, DT is the band with the worst music (but also the best)

DT has the highest of highs of those bands to me......but also they've crashed and burned a few tiimes, lol

ahhh i love em, lol

Mick

• Like 1

KillSwitch Engage

Avenged Sevenfold

Mick

Mick

DT has the highest of highs of those bands to me......but also they've crashed and burned a few tiimes, lol

ahhh i love em, lol

Mick

Same.

But it's hard to argue which is best or worst. Why does it matter? We have Scenes, Ascendancy and Waking The Fallen. And each band has more greatness than those too!

I was never able to get into Avenged Sevenfold. Whenever I heard their stuff I'm always left thinking that I have heard other bands do this kind of music much better. I even saw them once live and felt the same way.

At least you know where you stand! I love them but feel the same way in many ways.

Avenged Sevenfold

Mastodon

Iron Maiden

Foo Fighters

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Started a chronological binge on albums by Rise Against today. I'm on their 3rd album so far, Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

I've been getting into them a little bit this year. Their new album is really great!

• Like 2

Seventh Key is a project by former Streets (Steve Walsh's band) alumni Billy Greer (Kansas bassist since '85) and Mike Slamer. Top notch, cream of the crop melodic rock/AOR. 3 Amazing albums. Highly recommend all of them. First album features some leftovers from Kansas' "Power" sessions back in '85-'86.
  • Like 1

I've hit a bit of a low with depression lately, so easy listening like Keane.
  • Like 2