Is Rush your most listened to band ?

djflex

At the moment I'm listening to Adele more than Rush.

She is a goddess!

She is!

Her studio work does not thrill me as much as her live performances, she is an EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT live singer.

Adele takes my breath away live.

Some artists are way better live

it's a strange thing.

Mick

• Like 3

I go through phases. Sometimes I discover a new band and listen to them a lot. The last band that happened with is Pelican, and I still listen to them a lot. In the grand scheme of things, I probably have listen to more Rush than any other band...but there are times they take a back seat.
  • Like 3

She is a goddess!

She is!

Her studio work does not thrill me as much as her live performances, she is an EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT live singer.

it's a strange thing.

Mick

She's great anywhere...even in a car:

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

She is a goddess!

She is!

it's a strange thing.

Mick

She's great anywhere...even in a car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nck6BZga7TQ

The two of them together is hilarious!

James Corden is one of my favourite British actors right now.

• Like 1

Who is your most listened-to band?

AC/DC.

I know lot's of people on here probably hate them because they aren't prog, but I love me AC/DC.

Music is personal. It's what moves your foot and your spirit, man. As long as it's not mass produced shit Like Bieber and Beyonce, as hot as she may be. Even then, if that tripe moves someone, by all means, play it loudly, just not around me.

And I love AC/DC. Sometimes the simplest stuff is also the best.

I have everything in my collection.. a LOT of it depends upon my mood... I have jazz, easy listening, classical, big band, even some country (Zac Brown, more of a jam band then anything else)

It's all about what makes you happy at any given time...

I'm the same.way. Rap, cuntry, jazz, blues, classical, opera. You name it, I own some. Music is like food and.sex. I'll try most anything once, if I don't dig it, it gets pushed aside.
  • Like 1

I go through phases. Sometimes I discover a new band and listen to them a lot. The last band that happened with is Pelican, and I still listen to them a lot. In the grand scheme of things, I probably have listen to more Rush than any other band...but there are times they take a back seat.

Props on the pelican

• Like 1

Over the years Rush hands down.I will give them a break now and then but i come back to them with fresh ears and its great.Otherwise I am all over the place,Hendrix,Vivaldi,Grappelli,Adele,The Monkees,Steve Ray Vaughan,Porcupine Tree,Burl Ives,Celtic Frost,Frank Sinatra,Elvis,Sex Pistols,Zep,Zappa,that soughta thing.I try to listen to the wife sometimes.
  • Like 3

I have friends that are against anything Adele related, but you can't deny she has a great voice..she a friggin' nut case, and I really haven't heard anything from her that I don't like.

It's all MOOD music, people... Sunday morning when I'm having coffee it's stuff like James Taylor, Carole King, Adele, Carly Simon, Acoustic Dave Matthews, or stuff in that genre... 2112 just doesn't make that morning coffee mood work! (after probably a bottle of wine or more the night before)

At the gym, I'm all over Rush, Dream Theater, ELP, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic...etc... stuff that's got a little substance! If i tried listening to something mellow at the gym, I'd last 5 minutes on the treadmill!

• Like 4

When Adele first came on the scene I went oh not another teen bopper sensation but wait,she's got voice,and what a voice.And then people started on her weight, bastards.I love Skyfall.
  • Like 2

I have friends that are against anything Adele related, but you can't deny she has a great voice..she a friggin' nut case, and I really haven't heard anything from her that I don't like.

It's all MOOD music, people... Sunday morning when I'm having coffee it's stuff like James Taylor, Carole King, Adele, Carly Simon, Acoustic Dave Matthews, or stuff in that genre... 2112 just doesn't make that morning coffee mood work! (after probably a bottle of wine or more the night before)

At the gym, I'm all over Rush, Dream Theater, ELP, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic...etc... stuff that's got a little substance! If i tried listening to something mellow at the gym, I'd last 5 minutes on the treadmill!

Yeah something quiet in the morning is great,but if I do play Rush in the morning it's something from the synth period.Early stuff and later stuff like VT and CA is a bit much.I live in a valley with cows for neighbors and it's very peaceful especially in the morning but sometimes I crank up the PA system in the shed with some Slayer or Motorhead just to make sure everyone's awake.
  • Like 1

Overall yes. I listen to Rush more than any other single artist. That being said, I will go through stretch's where almost all I listen to is Rush and then long stretch's where I listen to very little Rush. Recently I have mostly been listing to Rush's live work from RIR and forward, The Who & Nightwish. That being said, I really have not been listening to a lot of music in my free time. Mostly I have either been watching Martial Arts movies or reading (just finished Les Mes and now working on The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire).

As for the non-Rush that I listen to, its all over the place. Lots of classical & opera, The Who, Nightwish, Journey, Triumph, Maiden, Priest, 38 Special, Bob Segar - lots & lots of other rock from the 70's and 80's. But very little (Nightwish is a notable exception) from the 90's forward. If rock isn't dead its definitely been a comma since he early 90's. Very little good stuff (to my ears) has come out since - and most of it was from groups that were active prior to the early 90's anyway.

• Like 1

Saw Nightwish in Sydney yeast ago with Tarja, brilliant.Give Within Temptation a go especially The Silent Force cd or Black Symphony dvd,one of the most amazing concert videos ever.Us Aussies are on here to make noise because that lousy Rush band never came here.

Well, I DO listen to 70s Rush during breakfast. Yesterday it was, in fact, 2112. And at my gym, they DO play lighter stuff on the speakers (mostly 80s pop). I don't bring my own music. I just block everything out and basically hear nothing.

Rush & The Mountain Goats is virtually all I listen to, just never get bored of either. Sometimes add a bit of Steve Earle or Green Day. I tell myself that with 50 or so albums, I'm actually getting quite a lot of variety :cool:

Overall yes, but the last few months it's been mostly Thin Lizzy.

nice one, in a funny way Lizzy has a similarity to Rush while being also very different of course, and obvs both brilliant.

All Lizzy albums are great but they were deep in the groove with Black Rose, a bit like Permanent Waves for Rush, every note perfect & sweet

we talk about which rush track has best bass intro sometimes but it dont get better than Waiting For An Alibi

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1

nice one, in a funny way Lizzy has a similarity to Rush while being also very different of course, and obvs both brilliant.

All Lizzy albums are great but they were deep in the groove with Black Rose, a bit like Permanent Waves for Rush, every note perfect & sweet

we talk about which rush track has best bass intro sometimes but it dont get better than Waiting For An Alibi

Phil was a musical genius - everything and anything he wrote and performed was from the heart and sincere

I love Thin Lizzy

Jailbreak is one of the albums that I consider in the conversation of "greatest of all time"

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

I just realized that I used to listen to Zappa almost 24/7 back around 93-96 and still then a ton for a few years after that. I would assume that since there are about 4 Zappa releases to every 1 of Rush's I have probably cumulatively listened to his music about that many more times than I have listened to Rush's. Not to mention all the bootleg hours I have logged on various formats. I can't recall a time where I have listened to Rush music exclusively for years upon years like that.

Phil was a musical genius - everything and anything he wrote and performed was from the heart and sincere

I love Thin Lizzy

Jailbreak is one of the albums that I consider in the conversation of "greatest of all time"

Thin Lizzy is pretty awesome but one thing always bugged me...

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak" ok

"Somewhere in the town" You mean like...the jail?