Let's cut Neil some WELL DESERVED slack!

Thunder Bay Rush

No amount of fam pissy pants whining can force the band to know what's to come if they simply don't know. No amount of younger fans wanting to see the band makes it the bands fault if you arrived after the party ends. Do you hear people who like Mozart complain that he died before they were born? Get over yourselves. The band is made of humans, not immortal beings. They have their limits and limitations like the rest of us. One day they'll definitely be over. Too early to say if that's now or later.

I don't think I had any choice in the fact that I was born after Rush's prime.

No amount of fam pissy pants whining can force the band to know what's to come if they simply don't know. No amount of younger fans wanting to see the band makes it the bands fault if you arrived after the party ends. Do you hear people who like Mozart complain that he died before they were born? Get over yourselves. The band is made of humans, not immortal beings. They have their limits and limitations like the rest of us. One day they'll definitely be over. Too early to say if that's now or later.

Now that you've stated that, go back and read his post slowly. It might make sense this time.

• Like 1

No disrespect to The Professor, but there is already a RUSH album in my Top 5 that Neil was not on

You mean this one?

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/9/5/195.jpg

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

Now that you've stated that, go back and read his post slowly. It might make sense this time.

Regardless, I am not going to be made the "enemy of Rush" because I'm not afraid to voice my disappointment in Neil. Our heroes are human which also mean that they have flaws. Nobody is perfect. I honestly wish less people would be too afraid to admit that Neil isn't perfect and instead, also voice their disappointment that he's killing Rush as a live entity when they are LITERALLY at the top of their game, I mean have you even SEEN how awesome they were on R40? No, instead it's gotta be that we kiss his ass and blindly support his decision. No, I am concientiously refusing to kiss his ass or anyone else's. And if anyone on the forum wants to believe that I am the worlds most shittiest human being simply for voicing my disappointment, please go right ahead.

Edited by fraroc

Regardless, I am not going to be made the "enemy of Rush" because I'm not afraid to voice my disappointment in Neil. Our heroes are human which also mean that they have flaws. Nobody is perfect. I honestly wish less people would be too afraid to admit that Neil isn't perfect and instead, also voice their disappointment that he's killing Rush as a live entity when they are LITERALLY at the top of their game, I mean have you even SEEN how awesome they were on R40? No, instead it's gotta be that we kiss his ass and blindly support his decision. No, I am concientiously refusing to kiss his ass or anyone else's. And if anyone on the forum wants to believe that I am the worlds most shittiest human being simply for voicing my disappointment, please go right ahead.

You do love playing the martyr.

• Like 3

It's not just "all about you."

• Like 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/R40R/Mobile%20Uploads/MI0002530427_zps51xzilte.jpg

• Like 2

dramatic much?

Edited by Rushman14

There's a difference between kissing ass and literally saying "f**k Neil". Tony R has expressed his disappointment with Neil for not continuing with a few weeks in the UK and Europe. But people actually respect his argument because he doesn't go off on an overly dramatic and sensational tirade

• Like 4

Also you were born after their prime yet they are literally at the top of their game?

People's definition of "prime" differ, but I'm talking more about the time where they were young, yet successful. I.e the Moving Pictures era.

I don't think anyone ever said he didn't have a right to retire; they have just questioned the manner in which it took place. You may or may not agree with their opinion on it, but "it is what it is."

So, we can have 36 pages of this back and forth all over again, or we can agree to disagree and just move on already.

No no, we can't do that. Some need 36 pages of bitching, 36 pages of disagreeing, 36 pages of agreeing, 6 pages of confusion, 3 pages of apologizing for fighting, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I could go for some pears. I'd be perfectly willing to part with the partridge, if I could have the pear tree.

How do you pronounce pears? Is it ears with a p at the beginning?

• Like 2

I don't think anyone ever said he didn't have a right to retire; they have just questioned the manner in which it took place. You may or may not agree with their opinion on it, but "it is what it is."

So, we can have 36 pages of this back and forth all over again, or we can agree to disagree and just move on already.

No no, we can't do that. Some need 36 pages of bitching, 36 pages of disagreeing, 36 pages of agreeing, 6 pages of confusion, 3 pages of apologizing for fighting, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I could go for some pears. I'd be perfectly willing to part with the partridge, if I could have the pear tree.

I actually say it in Pig Latin. Peels away the mystery, and it's funny. Sounds like something you'd do to a kinky dog.

I actually say it in Pig Latin. Peels away the mystery, and it's funny. Sounds like something you'd do to a kinky dog.

I'm not in to beastiality. I bet that Peart guy is though. Blowing up the band to have more time to screw his dog. :outtahere:

I'm not in to beastiality. I bet that Peart guy is though. Blowing up the band to have more time to screw his dog. :outtahere:

WWSLS: What Would Spaghetti Lee Say?

You didn't choose to be born after Rush's prime, but that doesn't change the fact that they can't go on forever. If artists were expected to go on until there was nobody who was a fan of their music, Mozart would still be alive and composing. This is impossible however because Mozart was a human being, and humans cannot live forever. Rush is human, so just like Mozart they physically can't tour and record forever, despite the fact that they may get fans after their deaths.

I was born after their prime as well, but it's important to understand that they're human, and don't have they physical capacity nor the obligation to keep going forever.

Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 1

It would be one thing if it was obvious that Rush was struggling and Neil was slowing down, then maybe the fans saying "YAY RUSH IS CALLING IT QUITS!" have more of a reason to be okay with it.

The only problem is that the complete polar opposite took place on the R40 tour. What we got was one of the best tours that Rush has EVER f***ing done and possibly the best they've sounded since Vapor Trails/R30, possibly even the TFE tour in '96. Neil's drumming was the best it's been since the VT tour, proving that he can indeed keep up in the original tempo (unlike the R30 and S&A tours where they were the tempo were slowed down to a snail's pace.) Geddy's voice was completley rejuvinated and was hitting notes he hadn't been able to hit since R30, Alex was playing as strong as ever and overall Rush f***ing RULED on the R40 tour, they were so energetic on stage and played as if Alex and Neil were not in any pain whatsoever. They were running on this unparalleled (pun definitely intended) rush of energy. Rush should have taken this energy and ran with it for as long as they could, play in the UK/Ireland/Scotland area so that guys like Segue and Fridge could experience the tour firsthand. They should have did a leg in Europe so that guys like Zumbi could have seen them, do a "Lost Cities" leg where they play places they haven't played in a while, and if they really wanted to end it, do a residency in Toronto as their final few shows. A fitting end to Rush as a live act.

They could have done much more with this great tour and it really honestly pains me that one out of the three just doesn't want to do it.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

I disagree with the "top of their game" statement on its face. No way that is true. They can still get it done but this is far from true in my humble opinion. That ship sailed long ago... :codger: :sigh:
  • Like 4