Let's cut Neil some WELL DESERVED slack!

Thunder Bay Rush

I've always said that if people like Fraroc were real fans they'd have made sure they were born in time for the 70s. That singular failure makes them, in my view, not true fans.

:laughing guy: ... Post O The Day.... :finbar:
  • Like 1

No amount of fam pissy pants whining can force the band to know what's to come if they simply don't know. No amount of younger fans wanting to see the band makes it the bands fault if you arrived after the party ends. Do you hear people who like Mozart complain that he died before they were born? Get over yourselves. The band is made of humans, not immortal beings. They have their limits and limitations like the rest of us. One day they'll definitely be over. Too early to say if that's now or later.

I don't think I had any choice in the fact that I was born after Rush's prime.

Now that you've stated that, go back and read his post slowly. It might make sense this time.

Regardless, I am not going to be made the "enemy of Rush" because I'm not afraid to voice my disappointment in Neil. Our heroes are human which also mean that they have flaws. Nobody is perfect. I honestly wish less people would be too afraid to admit that Neil isn't perfect and instead, also voice their disappointment that he's killing Rush as a live entity when they are LITERALLY at the top of their game, I mean have you even SEEN how awesome they were on R40? No, instead it's gotta be that we kiss his ass and blindly support his decision. No, I am concientiously refusing to kiss his ass or anyone else's. And if anyone on the forum wants to believe that I am the worlds most shittiest human being simply for voicing my disappointment, please go right ahead.

There's a difference between kissing ass and literally saying "f**k Neil". Tony R has expressed his disappointment with Neil for not continuing with a few weeks in the UK and Europe. But people actually respect his argument because he doesn't go off on an overly dramatic and sensational tirade

Tony is due some respect from time to time for sure. Well played Union for noticing that this is indeed one of those occasions... :cool:

Also you were born after their prime yet they are literally at the top of their game?

:goodone: Willie Mays would have been proud of that catch... :cheers:

No amount of fam pissy pants whining can force the band to know what's to come if they simply don't know. No amount of younger fans wanting to see the band makes it the bands fault if you arrived after the party ends. Do you hear people who like Mozart complain that he died before they were born? Get over yourselves. The band is made of humans, not immortal beings. They have their limits and limitations like the rest of us. One day they'll definitely be over. Too early to say if that's now or later.

You didn't choose to be born after Rush's prime, but that doesn't change the fact that they can't go on forever. If artists were expected to go on until there was nobody who was a fan of their music, Mozart would still be alive and composing. This is impossible however because Mozart was a human being, and humans cannot live forever. Rush is human, so just like Mozart they physically can't tour and record forever, despite the fact that they may get fans after their deaths.

I was born after their prime as well, but it's important to understand that they're human, and don't have they physical capacity nor the obligation to keep going forever.

I was born to hit their prime exactly as my parents told me later when I was an adult when they figured I could handle it... :)

I've always said that if people like Fraroc were real fans they'd have made sure they were born in time for the 70s. That singular failure makes them, in my view, not true fans.

Don't forget to post it in the Post O The Day thread.

• Like 2

Now that you've stated that, go back and read his post slowly. It might make sense this time.

Regardless, I am not going to be made the "enemy of Rush" because I'm not afraid to voice my disappointment in Neil. Our heroes are human which also mean that they have flaws. Nobody is perfect. I honestly wish less people would be too afraid to admit that Neil isn't perfect and instead, also voice their disappointment that he's killing Rush as a live entity when they are LITERALLY at the top of their game, I mean have you even SEEN how awesome they were on R40? No, instead it's gotta be that we kiss his ass and blindly support his decision. No, I am concientiously refusing to kiss his ass or anyone else's. And if anyone on the forum wants to believe that I am the worlds most shittiest human being simply for voicing my disappointment, please go right ahead.

dramatic much?

He does that.

• Like 1

Geddy's voice was completley rejuvinated and was hitting notes he hadn't been able to hit since R30, Alex was playing as strong as ever and overall Rush f***ing RULED on the R40 tour, they were so energetic on stage and played as if Alex and Neil were not in any pain whatsoever.

No (in bold first) and "as if" being the key points in bold second....
  • Like 1

I don't know how to copy and move it there or I would give Tony his name in lights he well deserves... :smash:

Geddy's voice was completley rejuvinated and was hitting notes he hadn't been able to hit since R30, Alex was playing as strong as ever and overall Rush f***ing RULED on the R40 tour, they were so energetic on stage and played as if Alex and Neil were not in any pain whatsoever.

You must be on something if you don't think that Rush did an amazing job on the R40 tour.

You must be on something if you don't think that Rush did an amazing job on the R40 tour.

Reading comprehension issue? Don't recall posting that but I will read what I posted again.......... Nope sure didn't
  • Like 1

I don't know how to copy and move it there or I would give Tony his name in lights he well deserves... :smash:

I did it for you: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/96224-your-trf-post-of-the-day/page__st__20

• Like 1

No, you're not being made "an enemy of Rush". I don't think you're "the world's most shittiest human being". But both of those labels that YOU gave YOURSELF show your self-centeredness. And jeez man, sometimes I wonder if you read things carefully as much as you write things carefully.

1) Neil's definitely not perfect. The one thing he should've done the last decade or so is go to the Meet & Greets with Geddy & Alex. But he didn't simply because he's uncomfortable doing it. I accept that but still, he should've done it. But note: I'm not crying about it. I'm not dwelling on it.

2) You crying about things and others NOT crying does NOT equal we're kissing his ass.

3) Don't try and make yourself out to be a hero. Nobody else here is.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I disagree with the "top of their game" statement on its face. No way that is true. They can still get it done but this is far from true in my humble opinion. That ship sailed long ago... :codger: :sigh:

Preach it, brother!

• Like 2

I disagree with the "top of their game" statement on its face. No way that is true. They can still get it done but this is far from true in my humble opinion. That ship sailed long ago... :codger: :sigh:

Preach it, brother!

:codger: Gather around my people. My soapbox please... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Preach it, brother!

Amen, Sistah Eagle.

• Like 2

They announced the tour in January and it ended August 1st. Not abrupt. Most people give 2 weeks notice when they retire!

Wasting 2112 here, oh well. Need to set record straight. Tour announced late January, began early May, three months, easy math.

Given work and summer vacation schedules mostly set when they announced final full tour, it was actually much less than three months notice since tix were selling out in Feb, weeks after tour announced. This made travel decisions and coordination with friends virtually impossible.

Look at how Sabbath is doing it, much much much more notice, adding additional legs, and giving fans time to react and decide travel plans for such significant and life alterning decision. Neil, on the other hand, happy to show he is exercising his free will.

Can't think of another band on their level bowing out so abruptly , outside of serious illness or death. Rush fans, thanks for your decades of support and loyalty. Have a nice life, signed your fave drummer.

Brilliant post. Calling Neil selfish for giving three months notice because you are too anal to plan your travel is awesome. Also, Sabbath is run by Sharon Osbourne, who is a shameless businesswoman and was psychiatrically hospitalized with a nervous breakdown trying to put this Sabbath tour together, just FYI, And as if that weren't enough, they have a drummer who is decades younger than the rest of the band on tour! Spot on comparison there! While we're on the topic, let's talk about Lemmy. Guy refuses to retire then leaves fans standing there in the venue in shock when he has to stop shows three songs in because he can't breath. Awesome plan. Then other shows end up canceled. Super! But by all means demand that Rush accurately predict when they will croak, and plan to tour (suffering with pain and shredded vocal chords through lame performances) until one day before that, so that YOU won't feel cheated by the band! Incredible. Blaming Neil for being too old and injured to tour, and not giving you "adequate notice" (like there's any such thing) is like blaming Dimebag Darrell for not giving fans enough notice that he was going to be gunned down on stage. To quote some roadie from some famous band, "This ain't no kindie garden! It's rock and roll!" Stop acting like spoiled brats who want their candy. Your sense of entitlement is appalling.

• Like 1

They announced the tour in January and it ended August 1st. Not abrupt. Most people give 2 weeks notice when they retire!

Wasting 2112 here, oh well. Need to set record straight. Tour announced late January, began early May, three months, easy math.

Given work and summer vacation schedules mostly set when they announced final full tour, it was actually much less than three months notice since tix were selling out in Feb, weeks after tour announced. This made travel decisions and coordination with friends virtually impossible.

Look at how Sabbath is doing it, much much much more notice, adding additional legs, and giving fans time to react and decide travel plans for such significant and life alterning decision. Neil, on the other hand, happy to show he is exercising his free will.

Can't think of another band on their level bowing out so abruptly , outside of serious illness or death. Rush fans, thanks for your decades of support and loyalty. Have a nice life, signed your fave drummer.

Brilliant post. Calling Neil selfish for giving three months notice because you are too anal to plan your travel is awesome. Also, Sabbath is run by Sharon Osbourne, who is a shameless businesswoman and was psychiatrically hospitalized with a nervous breakdown trying to put this Sabbath tour together, just FYI, And as if that weren't enough, they have a drummer who is decades younger than the rest of the band on tour! Spot on comparison there! While we're on the topic, let's talk about Lemmy. Guy refuses to retire then leaves fans standing there in the venue in shock when he has to stop shows three songs in because he can't breath. Awesome plan. Then other shows end up canceled. Super! But by all means demand that Rush accurately predict when they will croak, and plan to tour (suffering with pain and shredded vocal chords through lame performances) until one day before that, so that YOU won't feel cheated by the band! Incredible. Blaming Neil for being too old and injured to tour, and not giving you "adequate notice" (like there's any such thing) is like blaming Dimebag Darrell for not giving fans enough notice that he was going to be gunned down on stage. To quote some roadie from some famous band, "This ain't no kindie garden! It's rock and roll!" Stop acting like spoiled brats who want their candy. Your sense of entitlement is appalling.

Your post is appalling. Your comparisons are appalling. Above all else your misjudgement is egregious.

There are no browny points for taking offence on behalf of someone else only derision. Grow up!

Oh and just one more thought--maybe you ought to be grateful that Rush had enough self respect to take care of themselves as well as they have all these years, instead of getting themselves killed like the laundry list of other famous people who died at their own hands from overdoses, car crashes, or buzzing the party house in a plane. That's not even counting the ones who simply died unfortunately and young. This business is full of stories of music that just died A-FRIGGIN-BRUPTLY! Be glad that Rush toured this year at all and that they survived half as long as they have already without breaking up or dying. And to agree with at least one other post above--Rush are definitely not at the top of their game anymore. Plenty of songs are off the tour list because they either can't play them anymore, or Ged can't hit the notes anymore. It's that simple.

Your post is appalling. Your comparisons are appalling. Above all else your misjudgement is egregious.

There are no browny points for taking offence on behalf of someone else only derision. Grow up!

Welcome to the club of the appalled. My comparisons are absolutely appropriate. We're talking about aging rock stars, the inevitability of things coming to an end, and planning. Those things don't all necessarily occur together, and blaming the drummer for not being able to firmly predict when he will be utterly unable to lift the sticks anymore, and being upset that the band dared to entertain the possibility of not doing big tours anymore is the epitome of a ridiculously excessive sense of entitlement on the part of any fan. I sincerely hope you're ready to back up your outrage by example and do physically demanding labor while solving mathematical problems simultaneously until you physically drop. And please give more than three months notice before that happens.

• Like 2