Neil Peart New update!!!!!!!

robertrobyn

I had to look up Big Bone Lick State Park.

It's real.

Now.... let the Neil hating commence..... I will suggest three (eternal) themes that are sure to commence in 3, 2, 1.....

1) He's a jerk for not telling us what he is thinking about in regard to the band

2) Who cares about his riding adventures

3) He is too long winded and his writing sucks.

My thoughts...

1) He owes you nothing. Get over it.

2) Then don't read.

3) Please see #2.

It's in Kentucky. And Kim Davis won't let any marriages happen there.

Tisk. Tisk. Tisk.

Sure you understand county government structure!

Kim Davis = Rowan County

Big Bone Lick = Boone County.... I kid you not..... between the communities of Beaverlick and Rabbit Hash. Big Bone Lick.... Beaverlick... It's apparently an anything goes kind of thing where Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky meet.

Of course the great Larry Bird was known as the Hick from French Lick....

Yeah but that hick was from damn Indiana. Keep that shit in its place!

He's no Richie Farmer, that's for sure.

It's real.

Now.... let the Neil hating commence..... I will suggest three (eternal) themes that are sure to commence in 3, 2, 1.....

1) He's a jerk for not telling us what he is thinking about in regard to the band

My thoughts...

2) Then don't read.

3) Please see #2.

Just because he doesn't owe us anything doesn't mean that we don't have the right to give him feedback and our thoughts on his writing.

His writing style is creative and personal and that's all well and good, but I ain't gonna bullshit. He pontificates and bloviates SO f***ing much about things that people generally aren't vested in, such as what kind of trees and plants he saw on his motorcycle journies or what various breeds of horses he saw when he drove by a ranch or whatever. He's good at descriptive speech and creative writing, but he could stand to pick more interesting subject matter to write about.

But, here's the thing....

He writes about what he wants to write about. Apparently without concern for what others think. Which is, in some ways, remarkably brave. And, again, none of us have to read it.... and for those of us who continue to read it, knowing what it going to be there... and *still* complain about it?

That's not on Neil.

Yeah, we get that.

However, when fans like you say it, it comes across like post-coitus homo-eroticism.

Cool update. I guess we know what Neil is going to be doing for the next year. I'm really looking forward to this new book. Hopefully he will take a break for a few months next year to work on a new Rush album. I don't see why not. He's interested in retiring from touring, not drumming.

Certainly to me, the end of his blog contains more foreshadowing.

It's real.

My thoughts...

2) Then don't read.

3) Please see #2.

Just because he doesn't owe us anything doesn't mean that we don't have the right to give him feedback and our thoughts on his writing.

His writing style is creative and personal and that's all well and good, but I ain't gonna bullshit. He pontificates and bloviates SO f***ing much about things that people generally aren't vested in, such as what kind of trees and plants he saw on his motorcycle journies or what various breeds of horses he saw when he drove by a ranch or whatever. He's good at descriptive speech and creative writing, but he could stand to pick more interesting subject matter to write about.

OK, so what would be interesting then?

It's real.

My thoughts...

2) Then don't read.

3) Please see #2.

OK, so what would be interesting then?

Yeah. Traveling is the thing he likes to do. If he wrote about drumming, 3/4 of the people here wouldn't know what the heck he was talking about...which might be a good thing. Less complaining that way. :LOL:

• Like 1

I've gotten the impression many if not most of the people complaining about his writing are not in the same group as those who are actually reading his writing....which is kind of a strange and interesting thing when you think about it for awhile....

Someone needs to draw up a Venn diagram so we can sort this out..;)

• Like 1

I've gotten the impression many if not most of the people complaining about his writing are not in the same group as those who are actually reading his writing....which is kind of a strange and interesting thing when you think about it for awhile....

Someone needs to draw up a Venn diagram so we can sort this out.. ;)

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/venn_zpszzy7uegv.jpg

• Like 11

I liked that shirt in particular with the motel prices listed :LOL:

I'd like to have any of those shirts. It had been too long since the last NP update!

Sincerely, a trfer who just genuinely likes reading Neil's stories.

• Like 5

Now that says it all!!!

Now that says it all!!!

Its fantastic!

• Like 2