Am I the only one getting a little sad as July 31st ticks away?

JohnRogers

Given the lenght of the flight from Italy, my last chances are already gone with the last useful extraction a couple of hours ago.

I have tried to combine numbers from ancient Sumerian prophecies up to statistics regarding Galactus' farts in the asteroid belt but didn't exactly work....

I'll be sad after they rock me tomorrow night.

I dunno, I'm 38 years and 60 shows in with this band. I just have a gut feeling its not over yet.

If it is, I'm fulfilled.

• Like 6

I saw them last night and it just didn't feel like it was the end of their career.
  • Like 4

I saw them last night and it just didn't feel like it was the end of their career.

Lucky girl!!!! Was it everthing you'd hoped it would be?

No, you are not the only one.

I feel awful but am trying to keep this in perspective. It's not the first time in my life, far from it, that I've watched something or someone come to an end. It won't be the last time.

• Like 5

i'm fine. Saw em twice. not nearly as many as a lot of you. but really twice was good enough. i'm at peace.

They're not dying ya know!!!!!

lol.

Mick

In a sense they are. An era is over that will never come back.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I saw them twice on this tour alone...there really wasn't much more I could do! As much as I'd love to be in LA for this, I can't swing it. But to answer your question, yes...there a strange aura floating around today. Sunday will be an interesting day for sure.

I don't think it's their last show - they love what they do too much. They like getting paid too.

But I do think they told us the truth when they said 'last tour of this magnitude'. So Lorraine is right, it's the end of an era. No more big tours.

Rush itself? They aren't done just yet.

• Like 4

I don't think it's their last show - they love what they do too much. They like getting paid too.

But I do think they told us the truth when they said 'last tour of this magnitude'. So Lorraine is right, it's the end of an era. No more big tours.

Rush itself? They aren't done just yet.

I like this line of thinking.

• Like 1

i'm fine. Saw em twice. not nearly as many as a lot of you. but really twice was good enough. i'm at peace.

They're not dying ya know!!!!!

lol.

Mick

In a sense they are. An era is over that will never come back.

maybe so......i'm just so not emotionally attached. I hadn't even thought this till this thread to be honest.

Mick

If it's their last show, I'm okay with it. I have seen them many times and on every tour since 1974. I got to see 3 shows on the R40 tour including Toronto. I got to share them with my daughter for 20 years. I'm good.

I just hope they decide to record new music in the future.

• Like 2

I didn't think they were done back during their hiatus in the late 90s and I don't think they're done now. They'll be slowing down a lot more but the show tomorrow night will not be the last time we hear from Rush.

I didn't think they were done back during their hiatus in the late 90s and I don't think they're done now. They'll be slowing down a lot more but the show tomorrow night will not be the last time we hear from Rush.

That was a different time. I think they /were/ over at the time. I think, they think they were over at the time.

I started embracing DT and Beard a lot more because i thought there was no more Rush. But that was then. After tomorrow, there will still be a Rush.

I know people keep thinking they might do a residency somewhere but there are going to be a heck of a lot of people that will never be able to see them again even if they do that, no matter where it is. Some people just don't have the money to travel.
  • Like 2

I think a clear distinction needs to be made here: Rush is not "over." That would imply that the band, music, and all memories associated thereto would cease to exist. That is of course ridiculous. Saturday may be the last Rush concert, but by no means is this band "over." We will continue to love, listen, discuss, rank, bicker over, etc. their music forever.

As my old man once told me (when describing a Rush album, incidentally), "Good music doesn't die, it just gets old."

• Like 5

I'm not sad in the last. I've been hoping they'd retire from touring for quite some time now. It's been very hard going to shows over the last decade and a half hoping that each time I saw them it wouldn't leave me feeling more sorry for them than before. I would rather they had quit when they were closer to their peak, but I guess I'll just to have to lump it on that score.

I'm not sad in the last. I've been hoping they'd retire from touring for quite some time now. It's been very hard going to shows over the last decade and a half hoping that each time I saw them it wouldn't leave me feeling more sorry for them than before. I would rather they had quit when they were closer to their peak, but I guess I'll just to have to lump it on that score.

JARG, did you see them this tour?