What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

While reading a book about Genesis, I learned that Phil Collins offered to perform "Against All Odds" at the Academy Awards show (it had been nominated), and when the Academy turned him down, they did it in a letter addressing "Phil Cooper"!

Never hurts to have a humble check.

• Like 2

While reading a book about Genesis, I learned that Phil Collins offered to perform "Against All Odds" at the Academy Awards show (it had been nominated), and when the Academy turned him down, they did it in a letter addressing "Phil Cooper"!

Never hurts to have a humble check.

"Dear Mr.Cooper,

We deeply appreciate your kind offer to perform..."

:LOL:

• Like 2

NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley will fly on SpaceX's Crew Dragon spacecraft, lifting off on a Falcon 9 rocket at 3:22 p.m. EDT May 30, from Launch Complex 39A in Florida, for an extended stay at the space station for the Demo-2 mission. The specific duration of the mission is to be determined.

• Like 2

My niece calls me for advice on answering certain interview questions, as she is having an in-depth phone interview tomorrow.

One question was giving her some trouble:

Give us five words that do NOT describe you.

I thought about it for a few seconds, then I told her to say this: "I'm not dead. Actually, I'm getting better....."

We laughed and laughed ..... :laughing guy:

http://www.microjivvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/notdead-260x166.jpg

• Like 2

How just doing normal stuff is goofed up. I have to file paperwork that I must sign in the presence of two witnesses before sending in. Not being on good terms with all my neighbors is not a help, either.

Then there's having a teleconference with an estate attorney prior to get Karen's will entered with the court. That's another whole mess.

• Like 1

How just doing normal stuff is goofed up. I have to file paperwork that I must sign in the presence of two witnesses before sending in. Not being on good terms with all my neighbors is not a help, either.

Then there's having a teleconference with an estate attorney prior to get Karen's will entered with the court. That's another whole mess.

It's not easy when someone dies. You would think they'd try and make things as easy as possible especially during a time when people are stressed enough, but - no - endless paperwork and forms to fill out

• Like 1

It's not easy when someone dies. You would think they'd try and make things as easy as possible especially during a time when people are stressed enough, but - no - endless paperwork and forms to fill out

The teleconference went fabulously, and I'm in the clear. The attorney advised I only need to file the will with the county court system, which I did yesterday. Now waiting to see what's going on in MI before heading up in September.
  • Like 3

The teleconference went fabulously, and I'm in the clear. The attorney advised I only need to file the will with the county court system, which I did yesterday. Now waiting to see what's going on in MI before heading up in September.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

I saw a meme today. Doctor says to the patient: "I'm afraid it's Corona virus." The patient replies: "That's impossible. I bought 200 rolls of toilet paper." :banghead:
  • Like 4

I saw a meme today. Doctor says to the patient: "I'm afraid it's Corona virus." The patient replies: "That's impossible. I bought 200 rolls of toilet paper." :banghead:

No one has yet been able to tell me the connection between the hoarding of t.p. and the virus.

No one has yet been able to tell me the connection between the hoarding of t.p. and the virus.

1 person sneezes and 10 people sh*t themselves!
  • Like 4

Some psychologists have shared their opinions. Many if not most of their opinions are similar or even identical.

Briefly, buying toilet paper is something that everyone can do (if there's stock of course) and have control over. Controlling one's environment, or at least not being at its mercy is important to people. So, this tp hoarding is a method of controlling one's destiny, and the tp itself - a symbol of comfort...even if it seems irrational.

Another explanation which also seems reasonable imho is that social media inflates people's sense of danger / threat. If you see footage after footage of massive lines in shops and people pushing cartloads of toilet paper, the chances of you going out and getting some tp yourself is much more likely than if you hadn't seen the footage.

Some psychologists have shared their opinions. Many if not most of their opinions are similar or even identical.

Briefly, buying toilet paper is something that everyone can do (if there's stock of course) and have control over. Controlling one's environment, or at least not being at its mercy is important to people. So, this tp hoarding is a method of controlling one's destiny, and the tp itself - a symbol of comfort...even if it seems irrational.

Another explanation which also seems reasonable imho is that social media inflates people's sense of danger / threat. If you see footage after footage of massive lines in shops and people pushing cartloads of toilet paper, the chances of you going out and getting some tp yourself is much more likely than if you hadn't seen the footage.

Another explanation is that people were acting like idiots! My brother in law works in our local Asda (UK supermarket owned by Wal-mart). A week after the initial panic subsided, a customer brought 50 packs of 8 rolls back to see if he could get a refund ..... he was politely advised of a place he could shove them!!!!fists%20crying.gif
  • Like 2

Another explanation is that people were acting like idiots! My brother in law works in our local Asda (UK supermarket owned by Wal-mart). A week after the initial panic subsided, a customer brought 50 packs of 8 rolls back to see if he could get a refund ..... he was politely advised of a place he could shove them!!!!fists%20crying.gif

Yeah, that reason can easily go hand in hand with what I was saying.

As for the dude returning all of that tp, he was lucky the shop staff didn’t directly tell him to f**k off.

Yeah, that reason can easily go hand in hand with what I was saying.

As for the dude returning all of that tp, he was lucky the shop staff didn’t directly tell him to f**k off.

Hehehe ... I know the guy who brought them back (small town syndrome - everyone knows everybody else!) ... it was appropriate that he had so many rolls as he is a total a*s-hole!
  • Like 1