What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

My advanced algebra students struggling to convert dollars to cents.

Me, from the text: How many cents is $74?

Them: 740? I googled it and it won't come up...

Can you say "booksmart"?

:o When did people forget how to do math? It seems to be a trend. A lot of my husband's students have trouble with basic math when they have to use numbers in their chemistry labs. Sometimes it is measurements and sometimes temperatures but they struggle with just basic common sense stuff, like your example.

When did people forget how to do math?

From the moment they started using personal calculators, their math laziness has been increasing almost exponentially. Now, instead of a classic TI-35 calculator, everyone has a phone app for doing simple math.

Technology makes people dumb. It has taken away our memory as well as our ability to solve simple problems in our heads.

• Like 2

I have always had trouble getting my bangs to lay the way I want so I bought some styling paste that is supposed to help. It took me 15 minutes just to get the package open! :LOL: Obviously I am not coordinated enough to have stylish hair! :LOL:
  • Like 3

Wednesday is Friendsday, when we get together with another couple and watch old tv shows. It used to be CHiPs, but now it's Walker, Texas Ranger. So riff-able!

One week, the DA is kidnapped and forcibly hooked on smack, the next she's framed for murder, having been drugged only to awake in bed lying next to a corpse with a pistol in her hand!

:LOL:

Edited by goose

alienstesla.jpg

Wednesday is Friendsday, when we get together with another couple and watch old tv shows. It used to be CHiPs, but now it's Walker, Texas Ranger. So riff-able!

One week, the DA is kidnapped and forcibly hooked on smack, the next she's framed for murder, having been drugged only to awake in bed lying next to a corpse with a pistol in her hand!

Seen a couple Chuck movies on Rifftrax, Breaker Breaker and Silent Rage. Latter is riffable just because his partner is Flounder from Animal House.

Being called "unhinged".

Because they were correct or incorrect? ;) ;) ;) As we say in Pittsburgh, "just jaggin' ya!"

It's a problem with this medium of communication because I'm probably the least unhinged person here. I've literally never even been in a fistfight.

BUT DON'T TEST ME!

• Like 1

Being called "unhinged".

Because they were correct or incorrect? ;) ;) ;) As we say in Pittsburgh, "just jaggin' ya!"

It's a problem with this medium of communication because I'm probably the least unhinged person here. I've literally never even been in a fistfight.

BUT DON'T TEST ME!

I’d give the TRF Least Unhinged Award to Your Lion. I know he’s not around these days but no TRFer has been more chill and easy going than that dude.

• Like 1

Being called "unhinged".

BUT DON'T TEST ME!

I’d give the TRF Least Unhinged Award to Your Lion. I know he’s not around these days but no TRFer has been more chill and easy going than that dude.

I don't know anything about him but he's got "lion" in his board name. I mean, c'mon.

Being called "unhinged".

BUT DON'T TEST ME!

I don't know anything about him but he's got "lion" in his board name. I mean, c'mon.

Do I need to bring up your controversial, former avatar and your adamant defense of using it? :poke:

My 90 year old dad recently had a fall getting out of the car. (He is doing great and that's not what made me laugh. :( ). He had a cane that he is always supposed to use and didn't have it with him that day. So, I shopped around the cyber Monday sales to find him a better cane.

Men are so different than women! :LOL: (Like that is news! :LOL:). I found dad what I thought would be a good cane, because of the height and stability of 4 feet on the bottom.

My husband takes a look at it (called the Big Alex cane, by the way) and says "Your dad will love it! It is metallic red and has an LED light in the handle! That's so awesome!"

Shows what I know. I thought the light was kind of dumb. I just had a call from my dad, who was raving about the great red color and light in the handle! :LOL:

• Like 3