New Wave Artists Aging Gracefully

lerxt1990

I know I am just a commoner but 1 vote for Bananarama :codger: This post should serve also to scare off anyone thinking of altering or enhancing their lips in any way :scared:
  • Like 1

I had to go with Big Country with Mike Peters of The Alarm.

The album they released together this year, "The Journey" is one of the best releases of 2013.

Of course, Mike and Big Country have since parted ways after nearly four years together.

Mike is doing a 2014 tour to celebrate the 30th Anniverary of The Alarm's "Declaration" album.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Journey-Digipak-Big-Country-CD-Apr-2013-MRI/00/$T2eC16V,!zUE9s38+C8+BSB(fYh-Tw~~_35.JPG

http://www.thealarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/MIKEPETERS_DECLARATION-290x300.jpg

• Like 2

They left off Martin Frye of ABC. He looks and sounds great. No, he doesn't wear the gold suit anymore, but he could. All of Ultravox aged pretty well too. Midge Ure is totally bald but some things can't be helped. And THEY sounded magnificent on their tour for the past 2 years.

Thomas Dolby looks really good.

Fun fact: for those of you with T-Mobile service, Dolby is the "composer" of their little 5-note jingle.

• Like 1

I could have a go with the Go-Go´s. :drool: :drool:

Suddenly Paul Young doesn´t look so young anymore, huh? That reminds me of this one time I was watching a movie with GAry OLDMAN in it, and my wife noticed how old he looked, to which I replied: "with that surname, what could you expect?". :D :D

MY GOD, some scary stuff in there! Simon Le Bon! Howard Jones! The horror! And I'm sure they chose a pic of Kate where she looks fatter than she is. Also, so many better pictures of Aimee around, without resorting to awkward smile.

Debbie will always be Debbie.

Wow. I listened to most of these groups. I think most aged gracefully.

Tell Mr. Smith to stop with the makeup already.

Inxs, Depeche, Morrisey, Lennox, OMD all look wonderful.

Steve Strange looks surprisingly good, especially considering he had a really bad heroin addiction at one time. That shit ages people fast.

Debbie Harry is walking a fine line between "having a little surgical help" and "oh honey, she looks made of plastic!"

Peter Gabriel is the best of them all. (Musically speaking.) Edited by Jack Aubrey
  • Like 2

Most of them look like they're taking decent care of themselves. Banarama and Aimee Mann are still pretty attractive.

I saw Johnny Marr at a gig a few months back; that dude is in tremendous shape [lots of energy on display]...granted he IS a serious health nut that doesn't drink

I had to go with Big Country with Mike Peters of The Alarm.

The album they released together this year, "The Journey" is one of the best releases of 2013.

Of course, Mike and Big Country have since parted ways after nearly four years together.

Mike is doing a 2014 tour to celebrate the 30th Anniverary of The Alarm's "Declaration" album.[/cgiolor]

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Journey-Digipak-Big-Country-CD-Apr-2013-MRI/00/$T2eC16V,!zUE9s38+C8+BSB(fYh-Tw~~_35.JPG

http://www.thealarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/MIKEPETERS_DECLARATION-290x300.jpg

Good call! I especially love your Wallace and Gromit pic. Me and my boys are the BIGGEST fans!