How many Rush shows have you been to?

16 starting with Permanent Waves and ending with R 40. Never had the desire to go see them when they'd do three chicago dates in a row in the 70s and 80s and never saw the point of driving to Detroit or St Louis or Milwaukee to see them on that same tour. Once was enough to satisfy my love for what was my favorite band. I guess they still are, but my zeal has died down and I have realized there's far more out there since I turned 17 and really got into the music scene. GASP, I even missed a few tours like Snakes and Presto , but I made the last three (R40, CA and TM) Knowing this was the end, or damn near the and and didn't want to miss any of it if they suddenly one day said fini.

I got to see the Who's last real farewell tour when they came back with Kenny Jones after MakingIt's Hard. Not these cash grabbing farces they put on right now without their only talented musician who died several years ago and with Roger whining to the crowd how pot smoke bothers his delicate vocal chords :LOL: I am glad Rush has decided to go that way and have some self respect. The Moody Blues and Gilmour at 70 sound amazing, the WHo and Stones, not so much

you guys are all lucky :(

I hope they tour again so I could at least go to one show. They are my second favorite band and they mean a lot to me. Being able to see them live would make me more happy :)

I've seen Cheap Trick about 15 times since I grew up in NE Illinois it was pretty easy to do back in the 70s and 80s. They never disappointed, neither did Rush. THAT would have made for a really cool twin bill back when Rush had opening acts!!!
  • Like 1

I hope they tour again so I could at least go to one show. They are my second favorite band and they mean a lot to me. Being able to see them live would make me more happy :)

I've seen Cheap Trick about 15 times since I grew up in NE Illinois it was pretty easy to do back in the 70s and 80s. They never disappointed, neither did Rush. THAT would have made for a really cool twin bill back when Rush had opening acts!!!

Cheap Trick did open up for Rush once or twice.

Cheap Trick did open up for Rush once or twice.

well hell, how did I miss that??
  • Like 1

I have seen Rush live 3 times.

Once during Time Machine Tour and twice during Clockwork Angels Tour (both at first row, first time in front of Alex and other in front of Geddy)

• Like 2

-- 1997 (?) -- Test For Echo (two times -- they came to San Jose, CA on two different tour legs -- nice!) -- Even though they were my favorite band that I learned to not see live based on my two bad experiences above, I decided to see them on this tour anyway. This was the first 'evening with Rush' tour concept with the extended duration, themed videos, intermission, etc. They were awesome, and this was the first tour since the 1979 'Permanent Waves' tour that they played 2112 in entirety. My mind was blown (hence seeing them a second time on this tour). After this I wanted to see them every chance I could.

This tour was incredible! Amazing setlist, and the performances were top notch. I saw them at the Gorge, WA...the show that Neil wrote about as being such a beautiful setting. It was a special; night.

I was fortunate enough to see them 14 times, going back to the Hold Your Fire tour.

Was too broke to see the TFE or R30 tours, but caught all the rest between 1988 and 2015.

And yet... man, I do wish I'd seen more! So many great memories.

Interestingly enough... from about 1987 onward my "holy trinity" of music was Genesis, Yes, and Rush. Genesis rarely toured (86-87, 92 which I boycotted, 07), whereas Yes and Rush toured much more often.

I used to say that even though Genesis were my favorite group and Yes gave me this uplifting thing that no other band could do, Rush were absolutely my favorite band to see live.

Maybe the reality is that these three bands were tied for 1st place in my mind, and they all just scratched different itches.

I sometimes think that Rush is "our" Zeppelin, especially live. Yeah, Rush is a more technical kind of hard rock than Zep, but who else provided as much memorable riffage???

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 1

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

For me 48 since 1984 Grace Under Pressure Tour of which I saw 3 times. It could be 47 cause my memory these days is getting real bad.....I've found stubs where I can't recall ever going to that show or state. My average for each tour around 5-6. VT was the most for a tour 8.....CA Tour so far 5 in 3 states.

Only one other band I've seen more times probably twice my RUSH total and the only one traveled outside of this country to see multiple times.

Well my total ended up being 50 on the nose. I had planned for 3 dates on the R40 Tour but only the one in Tampa.....Atlanta and the finally in Bristow, VA with my daughter's first RUSH show. However a serious health issue came up with my daughter that I had to cancel those two shows to deal with her health concerns. She's 20 now studying at UMD College Park how I wished she would have seen that show.....it would have been as big an impact as my father taking me to a World Test Cricket match where I got to see Sir Garfield Sobers play for West Indies vs India.

• Like 1

I have seen Rush live 3 times.

Once during Time Machine Tour and twice during Clockwork Angels Tour (both at first row, first time in front of Alex and other in front of Geddy)

.. an experience they will never forget, I am sure

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

I think I've posted in this thread before, but I'll do it again- eight times over a period of twenty-five years, from Presto up through R40.

There was a period of nineteen years when I saw no Rush shows at all. But I'm very grateful for the ones I did see. I wish it could have been more.

• Like 2

I think I've posted in this thread before, but I'll do it again- eight times over a period of twenty-five years, from Presto up through R40.

There was a period of nineteen years when I saw no Rush shows at all. But I'm very grateful for the ones I did see. I wish it could have been more.

I'm in a similar boat. I've seen them 16 times, but with a 20+ year gap in the middle. I only saw them once in the 80s - I think it was the p/g tour - then didn't see them again until this century. During the Time Machine tour I decided the next time they came to town I wanted to make up for the tours I didn't see so I saw six shows on the CA tour. And when R40 was announced as their last tour I saw that eight times.

• Like 3

I've seen them 12 times starting with Power Windows, only missing HYF, because I was in the military, and T4E because I had just bought a new condo, and didn't have the cash. What was very cool was taking my daughter to her first show for the Clockwork Angels tour, and both her and my son to see R40. Never did I think back in 1980, when I first fell in love with Rush, that some day I was going to go to Rush concerts with my offspring. What an amazing experience. :)
  • Like 3

This has likely been posted before, but since they are touring again (yay!!!!) the numbers keep changing.

How many shows have you all been to? Starting on which tour? And how many will it be by the end of the CA tour?

Thanks for asking.

One in 1977, two in 1978, four in 1979, two in 1980, one in 1981, two (I think, or possibly one) in 1983, one in 1988, one in 1992, one in 2004, one in 2007, one in 2011, two in 2013. All in the UK, at least one on every British tour.

• Like 1