Rush burns us again

tullfan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about that setlist eh? Wow. SO much synthy goodness... The Power Windows tour meets CA! I was actually hoping for an all cover tour, no Rush songs, just Rush playing music from:

The Stampeders

Gerry and The Pacemakers

Will Smith

Foghat

The Guess Who

Elvis

Saga

and

Scritti Politti

QUOTE (The K Man @ Sep 9 2012, 04:28 PM)
Please cry a little more about it.

Plenty of us fans like this set list, and many of us are also huge fans of the 70s stuff, but we have the sense to realize that they are mixing it up from tour to tour, and on this tour, they are featuring the synth era heavily for the first time since, well, the synth era. Don't like it, don't go. Oh, you already said you aren't going. Okay, cool. Bye.

I love many of you guys and gals on here but I must say that lately I am totally turned off by The Rush Forum.

It's no one's fault at all, I just knew that many people on here would bitch and whine about the current set list.

Like I wrote on here the other night for the first time in my life I gave and looked at the set.

It could be a lot worse. I'm an old school fan even though I saw the GUP Tour when I was 16.

Of course the Seventies Rush is the apex of their existence but as a teenager seeing Rush back in the mid Eighties I loved it.

I am torn. I think it will be a fun time yet again seeing my favorite band.

I love "Clockwork Angels" but I do think playing all of the new songs in a row is too much for any fan to handle.

RUSH RULES!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2012, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ Sep 9 2012, 04:28 PM)
Please cry a little more about it.

Plenty of us fans like this set list, and many of us are also huge fans of the 70s stuff, but we have the sense to realize that they are mixing it up from tour to tour, and on this tour, they are featuring the synth era heavily for the first time since, well, the synth era.  Don't like it, don't go.  Oh, you already said you aren't going.  Okay, cool.  Bye.

I love many of you guys and gals on here but I must say that lately I am totally turned off by The Rush Forum.

It's no one's fault at all, I just knew that many people on here would bitch and whine about the current set list.

Like I wrote on here the other night for the first time in my life I gave and looked at the set.

It could be a lot worse. I'm an old school fan even though I saw the GUP Tour when I was 16.

Of course the Seventies Rush is the apex of their existence but as a teenager seeing Rush back in the mid Eighties I loved it.

I am torn. I think it will be a fun time yet again seeing my favorite band.

I love "Clockwork Angels" but I do think playing all of the new songs in a row is too much for any fan to handle.

RUSH RULES!

I'm stoked about them playing so many CA songs in a row myself Earl. Get why you aren't and that's cool. Guessing it has to do with when the strings are deployed and all.

As for all the synth stuff, it ain't my favorite either but it ain't shit that's for sure. I'm mostly pleased there's goiung to be plenty of stuff I haven't seen done live since I saw them on the PoW tour. I think when you get to the first show you're attending they will win you over as only great musicians can and you'll end up more stoked about the 80s stuff than you thought you would be. Enjoy yourself man.

Funny and sad at the same time to read all this here. Otherwise, what should I care 'bout other RUSH "fans" opinion? wink.gif

I was also a 70's RUSH fan, my first album was Caress Of Steel. But then came the 80's.....Signals, GUP, PoW and HYF! 4 KILLER-ALBUMS!!!! Not ONE of my friends could comprehend what I was talking about when I said "A new RUSH- album is out!!"

And you know what? I never had the chance to see them in the 80's here in Europe! I didn't even know when they did a tour here, there was no internet, no music-magazines here in Switzerland reporting about RUSH....

And now they play a lot of stuff from this period.... Holy shit!!!! My wife just said "you must be the happiest man in the whole wide world!" And HOW she's right!!!

Sometimes I think they do it just for me smile.gif

Can't wait until June 2013....

trink39.gif to all RUSH fans out there who are as happy as I am!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (seven-eye-dice @ Sep 14 2012, 07:04 AM)
Funny and sad at the same time to read all this here. Otherwise, what should I care 'bout other RUSH "fans" opinion? wink.gif

I was also a 70's RUSH fan, my first album was Caress Of Steel. But then came the 80's.....Signals, GUP, PoW and HYF! 4 KILLER-ALBUMS!!!! Not ONE of my friends could comprehend what I was talking about when I said "A new RUSH- album is out!!"

And you know what? I never had the chance to see them in the 80's here in Europe! I didn't even know when they did a tour here, there was no internet, no music-magazines here in Switzerland reporting about RUSH....

And now they play a lot of stuff from this period.... Holy shit!!!! My wife just said "you must be the happiest man in the whole wide world!" And HOW she's right!!!

Sometimes I think they do it just for me smile.gif

Can't wait until June 2013....

trink39.gif to all RUSH fans out there who are as happy as I am!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Hopefully RUSH won't take all the pissers an' moaners into account and make a few swaps for the 2nd leg:

Speed of Love for Grand Designs

Carve Away the Stone for Analog Kid*

Limbo for Where's My Thing?

Face Up for Manhattan Project

*Wow, I almost threw up in my mouth a little thinking of them swapping out Analog Kid for Carve Away the Stone

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 12 2012, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
"HomopMetaldad...

Dear Oh dear...  a sad, homophobic fool, thinking that his little "metal" persona along with being a "Dad" will endear him to Rush fans and the interweb in general.

No pal, you are a complete tool!

I'm married with 3 kids love a bit of heavy metal and find your comments entirely reprehensible.

Eshine owns you, in terms of both substance and style... I think a contrite apology is in order.

Sorry, don't do smilies...

Oh Look

Another post by another Troll . It is very sad when someone post's something that they think is Witty and Funny . Guess what ? You failed to reach any of those goals . The only think worth responding to in this flat post is "Homophobic" Since one of my Best Friends for close to 30 years in Gay and i have been around more Gay people since than that you can shake a stick at , Wrong. You should really know what the hell you are talking about before you post such shit. Lame Rush lyric reference as well. Bravo Knob, Bravo

Here we go.....

Well, at 6'2 my kids don't think of me as a troll but they laughed at the thought of it! Oh wait, thats a term reserved for interweb people don't like what somebody has to say... TROLL, gotcha!

Gotta love the cliched, "I'm not homophobic, I have gay friends" reply.

Dude, you are a thick, pathetic, homophobic little redneck. Do yourself a favour and grow up.

Working Man, The Spirit of Radio and 2112 are all from the 70s... I'd say they did a good job of trying to balance some of all their material from across 40 years of material.

If you want to see a 70s band performing all their 70s music, there are plenty of those around. Just not THIS '70s band' cool.gif

QUOTE (joeaz22 @ Sep 21 2012, 06:45 PM)
Working Man, The Spirit of Radio and 2112 are all from the 70s... I'd say they did a good job of trying to balance some of all their material from across 40 years of material.
If you want to see a 70s band performing all their 70s music, there are plenty of those around. Just not THIS '70s band' cool.gif

Spirit of Radio is not from the 70s, technically. wink.gif

OK I read page one of this noise and I'm not going to waste my time reading the rest.

You don't like Rush anymore and you're not going to their concerts. K fine. I'm sure your spot will be filled by a kid who's going to his first show with his parent(s). He'll think Rush is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

You

are

easily

replaceable

and

we

don't

care

about

you.

Its always fun to see people complain about them not playing the 70s stuff anymore. You really want Geddy up there at his age trying to sing that stuff, then we ended up with the last few DVDs where he sounds like he's almost dead? He sounds absolutely horrific on all recent DVDs because his voice is so shot from trying to sing that stuff that wasnt even easy for him to sing when he was young.

Go watch some boots of 2112 or Hemispheres on youtube from the 70s, singing off key constantly and always struggling up there. Fast forward 30+ years and trying to sing that stuff make him sound awful on even the lower songs.

Id rather him just dump all that stuff, and wisely he did. I still dont think he sounds amazing live anymore, but at least his voice isnt stupid tired throughout every show.

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 21 2012, 08:03 PM)
Its always fun to see people complain about them not playing the 70s stuff anymore. You really want Geddy up there at his age trying to sing that stuff, then we ended up with the last few DVDs where he sounds like he's almost dead? He sounds absolutely horrific on all recent DVDs because his voice is so shot from trying to sing that stuff that wasnt even easy for him to sing when he was young.

Go watch some boots of 2112 or Hemispheres on youtube from the 70s, singing off key constantly and always struggling up there. Fast forward 30+ years and trying to sing that stuff make him sound awful on even the lower songs.

Id rather him just dump all that stuff, and wisely he did. I still dont think he sounds amazing live anymore, but at least his voice isnt stupid tired throughout every show.

elegantly stated as usual.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Sep 22 2012, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 21 2012, 08:03 PM)

elegantly stated as usual.

He made smart choices on this tour - but I sure don't agree that he doesn't sound amazing. Yeah, he does. Better then any rock singer of his generation - easily.

The Garden, for example is a song that Trenken absolutely shredded vocally on this board - and Geds live vocal performances so far have been a giant middle finger right back. They are sublime - as they are on many of the tracks.

I also disagree that the last "few" DVD's have sounded bad.

The TMT DVD was definately a bad night. But The Snakes DVD??. He sounded really great on that.

Snakes was a great vocal tour for Geddy - and this tour has shaped up to be his "comeback" from the last tour.

I do agree with Trenken on the point that nobody wants to see him struggling with stuff he cant handle. Why would we?

They eliminated the problem and his voice has gone from inducing some cringes on the last tour to being a total highlight of the show.

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 21 2012, 10:03 PM)

Go watch some boots of 2112 or Hemispheres on youtube from the 70s, singing off key constantly and always struggling up there.

yes.gif

Other than wanting to here snippets of the classic oldies as instrumentals, I'm fine with them being out of the rotation these days. Too much strain on Ged's voice.