Rush burns us again

tullfan

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 10 2012, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 9 2012, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

Honestly, sincerely PLEASE go f**k yourself.

It bears repeating, there is no bigger bitch on the planet then a middle aged straight male Rush fan.

How embarrassing

You know what's embarrassing ? A middle aged gay male Rush fan that has to remind Everyone that he is gay. You are a bitter , angry little queen that brings Nothing to this board except nasty , angry post's. Please go back under the bridge you came from . The O.P. , who i Don't agree with has an opinion , look it up.

lol - looks like I hit a nerve.

Thanks for clearly illustrating my point.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

It bears repeating, there is no bigger bitch on the planet then a middle aged straight male Rush fan.

How embarrassing

You know what's embarrassing ? A middle aged gay male Rush fan that has to remind Everyone that he is gay. You are a bitter , angry little queen that brings Nothing to this board except nasty , angry post's. Please go back under the bridge you came from . The O.P. , who i Don't agree with has an opinion , look it up.

This post gets better each time I read it rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 11 2012, 09:09 AM)

How embarrassing

This post gets better each time I read it rofl3.gif

It is quite funny. A dude that calls himself "metaldaddy" calling me an angry little queen because I called out the o.p. - who could not sound like more of an angry little queen if he tried.

"Waaaa - Rush hates me - I'm never gonna see them again"

Like I said, embarressing

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 11 2012, 02:48 PM)
One thing is for sure. Metaldaddy would never have the balls to call me a "little queen" to my face. I promise you.

He'd be picking up his teeth in a second.

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

I can smell the testosterone from here.

Kinda randy now. drool1.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 11 2012, 10:48 AM)
One thing is for sure. Metaldaddy would never have the balls to call me a "little queen" to my face. I promise you.

comp26.gif

What is this shit talk?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 11 2012, 10:12 AM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

What are you gonna do, hit him with your purse rofl3.gif

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

what does a randy irishman look like?

QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 11 2012, 10:15 AM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

This coming from the biggest nancy on the board.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 11 2012, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 11 2012, 10:15 AM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

This coming from the biggest nancy on the board.

Oh is NICE canadian code for Nancey?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 11 2012, 10:14 AM)

comp26.gif

What is this shit talk?

It's called defending myself.

I never once said a word to this guy but obviously hurt his feelings enough for him to call me a "little queen"

Just stating a fact - he would never say this to me in person without regretting it.

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

go to the jefro tull board. yes, jeFro tull.

i doubt rush set out some 40 years ago to do everything YOU think they should.

they rule, you drool...

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 11 2012, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 10 2012, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (rrzubnyy @ Sep 10 2012, 08:05 PM)

How embarrassing

How can you complain about a RUSH concert in 2012? Did anybody think in 1985 that RUSH would still be touring in 2012?

27 years later?

What a bunch of spoiled brats you people are......

laugh.gif Im assuming you are too young (or maybe not, and if not ...) to remember the pre-internet "Neil has cancer" rumor and that the GuP tour was going to be a farewell tour. So, to your point, in 1983/84 we thought we had one year left, and that was almost 30 years ago! Hahahahaa.

I remember that rumor as well and being very concerned about Neil's health, hysterical...

To the point in the original post: As a fellow "old school" fan who got to see them at their peak of popularity (and ability, IMO) in the MP/Signals era, I relate and sympathize with the points he makes regarding the clear, undeniable lack of early material.

HOWEVER, much of the material that many fans of our era dismiss/view as subpar (for me 87-though 91), like it or not, is already a quarter century old and classic in their own right (despite the fact that we will never view it that way), and is liked by a large portion of the younger fanbase.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've given up on getting that classic 70s-80s setlist. But instead feel lucky to get those amazing gems from time to time (this year, Analog, last tour Camera), and enjoy the fact that theyre still around and playing at such a high level.

And one more thing: that "true Rush fan" talk is total bullshit.

The reason I said they are not true RUSH fans was because I feel they are "selected era" RUSH fans....It is MY OPINION! The TRUTH hurts, huh?

I like all of their music, 70's-2000's.....I learned to adapt unlike some of you ungrateful RUSH fans....I am just happy to hear they are touring in 2012....Why piss and moan about setlist? Can't you be happy that they are still around?

QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 11 2012, 03:15 PM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

You call it a purse? You people are wacko.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 11 2012, 03:16 PM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

Ginger all over with a hint of tumescent pink.

Or so I've been told.

GO GIRL!! cat.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 11 2012, 11:36 AM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

Or so I've been told.

GO GIRL!! cat.gif

Oh, so it looks just like Treeduck after a manicure? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 11 2012, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 11 2012, 11:36 AM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

Or so I've been told.

GO GIRL!! cat.gif

Oh, so it looks just like Treeduck after a manicure? rofl3.gif

man i cure

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 10 2012, 11:32 PM)
Im going to 2 shows with the mentality that this is the show with the most artistic integrity that i would ever see. This is the 100% uncompromised unfiltered artist's vision and me as a fan and paying customer what else can I ask for ?! I see this show as ONE big concept show about the human condition and i cant wait for the Newark and Brooklyn shows wo hoooo

goodpost.gif

Agreed...

...I'll be at both of those shows as well.

I am quite sure that I will leave both quite happy!

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 11 2012, 10:49 AM)

comp26.gif

What is this shit talk?

I never once said a word to this guy but obviously hurt his feelings enough for him to call me a "little queen"

Just stating a fact - he would never say this to me in person without regretting it.

soooo, you're into getting arrested?

doubt you're 12 anymore. love to see you get cuffed and stuffed though!

tough guy...

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Sep 11 2012, 12:21 PM)

comp26.gif

What is this shit talk?

soooo, you're into getting arrested?

doubt you're 12 anymore. love to see you get cuffed and stuffed though!

tough guy...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rrzubnyy @ Sep 11 2012, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 11 2012, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 10 2012, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (rrzubnyy @ Sep 10 2012, 08:05 PM)

How embarrassing

How can you complain about a RUSH concert in 2012? Did anybody think in 1985 that RUSH would still be touring in 2012?

27 years later?

What a bunch of spoiled brats you people are......

laugh.gif Im assuming you are too young (or maybe not, and if not ...) to remember the pre-internet "Neil has cancer" rumor and that the GuP tour was going to be a farewell tour. So, to your point, in 1983/84 we thought we had one year left, and that was almost 30 years ago! Hahahahaa.

I remember that rumor as well and being very concerned about Neil's health, hysterical...

To the point in the original post: As a fellow "old school" fan who got to see them at their peak of popularity (and ability, IMO) in the MP/Signals era, I relate and sympathize with the points he makes regarding the clear, undeniable lack of early material.

HOWEVER, much of the material that many fans of our era dismiss/view as subpar (for me 87-though 91), like it or not, is already a quarter century old and classic in their own right (despite the fact that we will never view it that way), and is liked by a large portion of the younger fanbase.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've given up on getting that classic 70s-80s setlist. But instead feel lucky to get those amazing gems from time to time (this year, Analog, last tour Camera), and enjoy the fact that theyre still around and playing at such a high level.

And one more thing: that "true Rush fan" talk is total bullshit.

The reason I said they are not true RUSH fans was because I feel they are "selected era" RUSH fans....It is MY OPINION! The TRUTH hurts, huh?

I like all of their music, 70's-2000's.....I learned to adapt unlike some of you ungrateful RUSH fans....I am just happy to hear they are touring in 2012....Why piss and moan about setlist? Can't you be happy that they are still around?

Still an ignorant opinion... IN MY OPINION, of course.

comp26.gif

What is this shit talk?

Surprised to hear Rush fans talk this way. Not really par for the course.

I am 41 and have been listening to Rush since I was 12 (Thank God for older brothers with good taste for music). I have to call sour grapes on this post.

Would I love to see them play 2112 in its entirety? Hell yes, but I know it is never going to happen again. Hell my favorite Rush song ever is In the End, in fact I love it so much it was the song my wife and I had our first dance to! However, they are never going to play that either.

Fly by Night is never coming back, Bangkok, Bastille Day, Hell I would give a kidney for Fountain of Lamneth!

The reality is Geddy cant hit those notes anymore, plain and simple. I dont think Neil ever wants to play La Villa again either, I was incredibly supreised when they played it last tour and I knew it was most likely the last time I would see it.

The boys are in their 60s now, be grateful they are even touring at all. They have reached the place all of us are envious of: They can work on what they want, when they want.

We should all be so lucky and not begrudge them for it.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 11 2012, 07:15 AM)

Ooooh.....fightin' talk.

Hehehehehe.

biggrin.gif