The 100 Club?

Thunder Bay Rush

I've been a fan since the 2112 show that I saw in Ottawa back in 1976. I listen to tons of different bands, even 60s vocal groups that are waaaay far from the Rush sound. But, Rush is by far my favourite band.

I've been to 27 shows, only missing a couple of tours since 1976. And, I used to have all the posters on my wall... I wore out a dozen or so copies of AFTK and Hemispheres. And every single drum beat or pattern I ever played back then was a Neil ripp off. Of course, my drums were made by Slingerland... they were black. Set up just like Neil's late 70s kit, includiing wind chimes, temple blocks and cow bells. So, I figured all of this would make me one of the most "hard-core" Rush fans ever.

Until I started reading some of these posts... holy shit! There are some SERIOUSLY hard-cores here! Some of you have gone to 8 or 9 shows in ONE tour.

Two questions -

1) Has anyone here seen every tour since 1974?

2) Has anyone here joined the 100 club for having attended at least 100 shows?

I know a guy in Toronto who claims to have been to 104. That's hard-core...

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush

QUOTE (Thunder Bay Rush @ Sep 5 2012, 09:21 PM)
--snip--

Two questions -

I know a guy in Toronto who claims to have been to 104.  That's hard-core...

I have seen them somewhere between 50 and 60 times since 1974. Not 100 shows but I have seen every tour. First time at the Cleveland Agora in December of '74, last time in Nashville on the TM tour. I'm 52 and it's hard to believe I am still going to concerts (or should I say productions) and listening to new music by my favorite band since I was 14. Can't say that about many bands!

Edited by johndyar

I will see them for the 11th time (is all...LOL) in November which will make them the band/artist(s) I have seen more times than any other. At present, like Rush I have seen Ozzy 10 times as well, 5 times with Sabbath and 5 times solo. I have attended roughly 200-250 concerts, many with multiple bands of course, in my 40 years of concert going.

I'm at 33. Was hoping for 2 or 3 this leg but will probably have to settle for Just Chicago. Thank You Gas prices. Probably will see them a couple of times next leg. I was hoping to reach the 50 club before they call it quits, but 40 now looks more realistic.

Friday night will be my 15th show. Compared to the number of times MOST PEOPLE have seen MOST BANDS, that's quite a lot - enough to raise eyebrows when I tell people. But yeah, a far cry from 100.

I've tried to see every tour since GUP, but missed my local HYF show and RTB show, mostly because of $ woes. I made up for that by seeing multiple Presto shows (2) and VT shows (3).

Maybe I'll join the 100 Club some day. My plan: win the lottery, quit my job, and follow Rush for an entire tour or more. laugh.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

I got into Rush during the Signals tour, so I will never get anywhere near the 100 show mark. I stand around 13 Shows. However, I don't think the number of shows make you more hardcore than someone else. Many people have families and work commitments that doesn't allow them to go to more than one or two shows per tour. I know I can't. The fundage just isn't available. However, I appreciate every record they've created and they have been the Soundtrack to my life. I have changed and evolved with them and their musical endeavour and have become more of a fan as time has gone by. I think this is more important than the number of shows you have attended.

cool.gif

Not even close for me. As 'HalfwayToGone' mentioned, I don't have much of a desire to see the same exact show multiple times on a tour for the prices being set. I would be in favor of doing away with all of the production (lights, lasers, pyros, videos, stage setup) if it meant lower the cost of tickets along with changing up the setlists. Then I would be obsessed and have to see multiple shows per year.

I went to a lot of Dead shows at the end of their career. I met MANY people in the 100 club. Of course a lot of them didn't have jobs in the way interfering with them making it to shows.

This will be my 14th Rush show. Seen every tour since HYF (Presto twice, TFE twice, and S&A twice (S&A plus S&A live)).

I have seen Warren Haynes live about 35 times which would be the most for me. Bob Weir and Phil Lesh in their various capacities over 20 times. There was a local band in college that I went to see about 75 times but that doesn't really count.

QUOTE (Thunder Bay Rush @ Sep 5 2012, 09:21 PM)
I've been a fan since the 2112 show that I saw in Ottawa back in 1976.  I listen to tons of different bands, even 60s vocal groups that are waaaay far from the Rush sound.  But, Rush is by far my favourite band.

I've been to 27 shows, only missing a couple of tours since 1976.  And, I used to have all the posters on my wall... I wore out a dozen or so copies of AFTK and Hemispheres.  And every single drum beat or pattern I ever played back then was a Neil ripp off.  Of course, my drums were made by Slingerland... they were black.  Set up just like Neil's late 70s kit, includiing wind chimes, temple blocks and cow bells.  So, I figured all of this would make me one of the most "hard-core" Rush fans ever.

Until I started reading some of these posts... holy shit!  There are some SERIOUSLY hard-cores here!  Some of you have gone to 8 or 9 shows in ONE tour. 

Two questions -

I know a guy in Toronto who claims to have been to 104.  That's hard-core...

This will be my 13th consecutive tour (18 and 19th show overall). I consider myself a hardcore fan - not because of the number of shows I've attended, but because of my love of the band and knowledge of their music. I will always pay money to see Rush and for their merchandise and that is the only band I can say that about.

My longest ever drive for a concert was over 1400 miles round trip to see one show (1997 - George, WA from Boise ID via Tacoma, WA). I buy Rush albums the day they come out. I will not come close to seeing 100 shows. My parents wouldn't me let go to a rock concert (or date) until I was 15. Signals was the first tour I was old enough to go to and I went and I haven't missed a tour since then.

TRF is the only place that I've ever met any fans as hardcore - some more and some less - as me. I joined TRF on 2-1-12 after coming home from the gas station. I put $21.12 worth of gas in my pickup truck on 2-1-12 and kept the receipt.

I think you may be more hardcore than you give yourself credit, especially given your first Rush show (1976) and if you drove from Thunder Bay to Ottawa to see Rush, that is hardcore. And you're here now, 35 years later. Sounds pretty hardcore to me. smile.gif

trink39.gif

heart.gif 2.gif heart.gif

No chance of ever reaching 100... sad.gif

21 times here. My first was back in 1986 on the Power Windows tour in NJ. Marillion (a quick Google check indicates they are still alive and kickin') opened for them and they recorded some of the show for A Show Of Hands.

Show 20 on the Snakes tour was in Hershey...in the front row!!! biggrin.gif What a fantastic evening and a good way to mark my 20th show!!!

I will be going to at least one this tour, possibly two...we shall see.

Not me.

40 Rush shows over every US leg of every tour since 1986.

Unless ticket prices start going the other way I may not even make it to 50.

Marillion opening the March 31 and April 1 1986 shows with Misplaced Childhood was perfectly blissful.

Last night was Rush concert #42 for me. My first concert (by any band) was Rush in Phily in 1987, and I've seen every show in New England since 1989 plus a bunch in NY.

So yeah I'm pretty hardcore. But that's nothing compared to what some fans are like.

I've seen them front row once and 2nd row a couple times, and was surrounded by fans who all knew each other because they all followed the band and often saw each other at shows. To me, seeing them ~15 times in a single tour would get tiresome (given the mostly static nature of Rush sets). I saw them 5-6 times on a couple tours, and even that started to get old... at this point, to me 2-3 shows per tour is a good number.

Edited by deslock

I can only dream of seeing 100 shows. The Seattle show in November will be my second. (First show was the one in Ridgefield, WA last June.) I'm 33 and grew up hearing Rush but I didn't really fall head over heels for them until about two years ago. Guess I'm a late bloomer.

ETA: I'd love to go to more than one show this time around but it's not financially feasible. I spent $150 on my Seattle ticket as it is.

Edited by moodysunflower