Would you like to live it all again?

Jeffrey

Would you like to live it all again?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to live it all again?

• Yes
    • No

I voted No, but only by a very slim margin. My childhood was the difference maker. I would not want to relive it. My adulthood, however, has been real good!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 10 2012, 09:43 AM)
I voted No, but only by a very slim margin.  My childhood was the difference maker.  I would not want to relive it.  My adulthood, however, has been real good!!  laugh.gif

Exactly this! I've had an extraordianry Life! However, if I would live it all again I would like to remember everything I've learned, acheived or regreted from this life! So the inevitable phrase " If I'd known then what I know now" would never make an appearance.

wink.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Only if I "knew" that I was doing just that. I wouldn't want to have my "brain scrubbed" of everything. That way, when the GUP show ended in November, 1984 - I could be at ease knowing I would see them (at least) 9 more times biggrin.gif

Clem

I'd say yes, but *exactly* (I mean life's great and all, but *exactly*?) No. There are few things I'd do differently.

Neil said it was the biggest challenge for him writing this song - writing to a point of view with which he didn't necessarily agree.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 10 2012, 09:02 PM)
Neil said it was the biggest challenge for him writing this song - writing to a point of view with which he didn't necessarily agree.

Good practice for a budding novelist - creating characters who aren't like yourself. Perhaps the opposite of yourself. Easier said than done!

Best thread topic ever. I love Rush because of the lyrics, and I love Headlong Flight, but those lyrics have troubled me since I first heard them. I has really made me think long and hard about this subject.

Of course, I'd like to do it all over again, if I could take all the lessons that I've learned(especially about how ruthless people other people are) and apply them to reliving my life, but I know I wouldn't want to live my live, again, exactly as I have lived it this time, simply because I haven't lived. I have only been able to experience a very, very, small fraction of the things that I have wanted to, for reasons that I guess I don't need to whine about on this forum. Plus, school sucked, and I've made a lot of mistakes in my adulthood ... well, really nothing but mistakes - why would I want to do that all over again?

I voted yes just to not step in some of the crap I did, for the most part life has been ok, just a few messed up bumps. Guess that is life.

Nope. There's a number of things I would definitely want to do differently and couldn't keep myself from doing so. Overall, it's been a good life, but there's just a small number of things that I would HAVE to change.

I would not want to live it over exactly the way it happened. I would do it over differently knowing the things that I do now. I would do it over again just to see both of my parents alive again sad.gif

I've made mistakes and missed golden opportunities... But when I think... If I had done one thing differently in my past, I may not have had the chance to experience all of the amazing things I have in my life. I'm happy with where I am now and wouldn't trade it for any other possible life.

I think I would. For all of life's unpleasantries and trials, life is never as good as when you are young. At 45, there is nowhere to go but down now. The decline is here and although I can still beat 25 year olds in basketball, it hurts now. Its hard and I won't be able to do it for much longer. P90X is only slowing the ball as it rolls down the hill.

I don't want to die, but I don't want to get old. Tough to reconcile that. Its a pickle.

Edited by Pound of Obscure