Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 24 2012, 01:39 PM)
Lol you guys are still feeding the troll

He's probably laughing right now

The op is no troll. He's been around TRF for a long time (and I can't remember anything trollish he's said before). Sure, his opinion is deep in the negative zone but that doesn't make what he said trollish.

I don't get the op's thoughts about "pretending to like it". I never pretended to like Snakes & Arrows, T4E, or Roll the Bones. I will say that You Bet Your Life is a piece of crap until the day I die. And Speed of Love is pretty awful too. I'm not pretending. I truly believe they're bad. And I'm not pretending when I truly think Headlong Flight, The Anarchist, and Carnies are fun, exciting songs.

wow, then I guess we should get an acadamy award as actors huh

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75266

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/LOLZ/funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-you-should-have-seen-what-the-monkeys-did.jpg

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

Pretty obvious TROLL post, innit? confused13.gif

Geddy again palms his face in your direction.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wpum1h.jpg

Why are you even on this board? You're not a Rush fan. If you've hated everything since Signals that's 30 years of dislike for a band whose recording history goes back 38 years. Do yourself a favour, throw out the albums after Signals and close your account here. Once you accept you're not a fan of this band you might stop grumping at people who are.
  • Like 1

I can accept the fact that there are maybe 10 people out of 200,000 that don't like the record. Pretty good ratio me thinks. yes.gif I will also say more spins and Terrapin will probably love it. As I said in the thread I started it's the ultimate grower record. Edited by presto123

only slight issue for me is the permanently up-tempo feel of the album, like the band feel they have to be the aggressive power trio for todays youth... every track with the exception of the garden, tagged on at the end, has a fast kind of feel to it (i'm not including BU2B2 or halo effect which seem thrown in to balance things up a bit)

dont get me wrong i think this album is a lot better than what it could have been, 5 or 6 of the tunes are sheer class, but there arent the ups and downs of previous great rush albums..... someone in here mentioned a few days ago that rush dont give their music time to breathe these days and i suppose thats what i'm in agreement with to an extent...

take for instance a masterpiece like permanent waves.. it's a fast hostile album a lot of the time full of aggressive and dangerous moments even, but also containing so many quieter passages, like the band isnt trying too hard to please the younger rebellious element who want it hard and fast

and of course, when rush deployed their softer facility it only served to accentuate the more dynamic moments

rush were masters of this kind of interplay and emotional balance and i understand they're older with different attitudes now but i personally miss the roller coaster of a rush masterpiece, particularly in albums more than an hour long with plenty opportunity to just chill out a bit.

like i say though, still rockin.... i'm loving BU2B caravan and the title track in particular, just great rush and it's a real privilege just to have the guys still around, so aint complaining at all really.

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (Smegger68 @ Jun 24 2012, 03:58 AM)
Why are you even on this board? You're not a Rush fan. If you've hated everything since Signals that's 30 years of dislike for a band whose recording history goes back 38 years. Do yourself a favour, throw out the albums after Signals and close your account here. Once you accept you're not a fan of this band you might stop grumping at people who are.

goodpost.gif

Where's the IGNORE button for this

attention seeking troll?

comp26.gif

2.gif 2.gif

People, the OP is not a troll, but he is defintitely trolling in this thread. He's already admitted in another thread that he loves most of CA, and his only issue with it is the mastering.

He only started this thread to push some of your buttons (which clearly worked).

Please don't feed the non-troll, trolling.

h

Hey this guy has a full right to his opinion. I dont think hes a troll or off his rocker.

Now, I personally disagree with his assessment -- I love CA and think its easily their best overall effort since Grace.

But that being said, his opinion is no less valid than anyone else's and he has as much a right to post it here.

Edited by greg2112

Excellent call, Gary. Like I said, the only purpose of the OP was to press buttons and get his thrills. Whether he's a true troll or not.....I dont care.....it's not just expressing opinion when you accuse others of pretending to like something and predicting we will all come around to see his truth. And before, he said he loved the album except for the mastering.......clearly shows his true colors, plus his antagonistic history.

Terrapin, we can see right through you. Nice try......and please get a life.