Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 25 2012, 09:51 AM)
Good Lord people....I can promise you that the original poster is sitting back and watching his creation with a big grin on his face. 8-9 pages of posts and responses to a thread he started clearly to get everyone worked up.

We're not just feeding the troll, we are giving way too many servings

Yep. I tried to say as much, and only got steamrolled by a wise ass remark. It only proves a thread like this is welcomed here.

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

who let the gimp outta the box? Somebody put the gag-ball back in and shut the lid! why do you even come to this website?

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

no.gif

Good Lord people....I can promise you that the original poster is sitting back and watching his creation with a big grin on his face. 8-9 pages of posts and responses to a thread he started clearly to get everyone worked up.

I hate to add more to it, but I just wiSH people would stop doing these sarcastic posts. Those posts are just not funny, even when Tick does it... sad.gif

STOP IT! fists crying.gif

(TYPO)

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Clockwork Angels sucks....

Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

Glad to see this post getting called out for what it is: TROLLING. yes.gif

I can understand folks not liking CA and expressing themselves. But the language in this post is clearly intended to push buttons and piss people off. The only thing he missed is to slam CA fans as "fanbois." eyesre4.gif

BTW as someone pointed out, the reaction to S&A was MUCH harsher than to CA. I was a lurker then, but remember there were MANY more critical threads about slow tempos, shoehorned lyrics, faith-bashing, yodelling, sucky album cover, Good News First bashing, you name it. beathorse.gif eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 25 2012, 01:24 PM)

I hate to add more to it, but I just wiSH people would stop doing these sarcastic posts. Those posts are just not funny, even when Tick does it... sad.gif

STOP IT! fists crying.gif

(TYPO)

Paul Anka: To stop those monsters 1-2-3,

Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free,

It's got Paul Anka's guarantee...

Lisa: Guarantee void in Tennessee.

All: Just don't look! Just don't look!

Just don't look! Just don't look!

Just don't look! Just don't look!

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 25 2012, 02:08 PM)
BTW as someone pointed out, the reaction to S&A was MUCH harsher than to CA. I was a lurker then, but remember there were MANY more critical threads about slow tempos, shoehorned lyrics, faith-bashing, yodelling, sucky album cover, Good News First bashing, you name it. beathorse.gif eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

Thanks, that's how I remember Spring 2007, too.

This album has a few detractors but overall it's been MUCH BETTER received than S&A. This album has the closest thing to a "thumbs up" consensus that we've seen since the invention of the Internets [sic].

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 25 2012, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 25 2012, 04:33 PM)
According to Terrapin's profile page, he hasn't visited TRF once since the first posting of this thread. sarcasm.gif

Maybe someone in this thread has multiple accounts.

Or maybe some over-fanatical member took Terrapin out and now he sleeps with the fishes. laugh.gif

He can easily view the thread without being logged in. Perhaps he doesn't like the album, but he took a shit and ran....as he's obviously not here to defend his point of view....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 25 2012, 02:54 PM)
He can easily view the thread without being logged in.

True, but would he bother? That involves intentionally logging out and then browsing just so it wouldn't appear he had any activity on the board. How many people would go to that much trouble? Somehow I doubt he cares that much.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 25 2012, 05:07 PM)

True, but would he bother? That involves intentionally logging out and then browsing just so it wouldn't appear he had any activity on the board. How many people would go to that much trouble? Somehow I doubt he cares that much.

Gary do you find people looking at you strangely when you give your name, Gary Leroy Rushgoober III is kind of a weird one isn't it?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 25 2012, 03:10 PM)

Gary do you find people looking at you strangely when you give your name, Gary Leroy Rushgoober III is kind of a weird one isn't it?

unsure.gif

Um.... confused13.gif

fing.gif

I love this album as much as I love Power Windows. I'm not pretending. Some might disagree but I think CA is a powerful work by a band that has been together for 38 years, which is extremely remarkable and rare. But, then again, maybe I just like shit.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 25 2012, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 25 2012, 03:10 PM)

unsure.gif

Um.... confused13.gif

fing.gif

Come on mate we know your surname really is Rushgoober...

tongue.gif

Oh, I'm sure he's checking this thread. yes.gif

I just realized that he started ALL of these anti-CA threads...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75396&hl=

Clockwork Angels sucks...., Sorry, but it really does

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74891&hl=

Bernie Grundman, Hang him high!

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74584&hl=

Nick Raskulinecz, Emperors new clothes...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74575&hl=

Production/Mastering issues, Low vocal mix

He's obviously not happy with CA but also seems to be craving some attention. confused13.gif

I kinda agree with you. There's only 2 REALLY good songs (Garden, Anarchist). I was never a fan of this "alternate rock" bulls*** that Rush decided to choose. They started out with classic rock, and they tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Ever since Signals, Rush has been very mediocre in their sound. I really expected more because this could be their last album, but I'm still going to this concert hoping there's some old stuff played.