Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

I guess what I'm saying is, can't you be contructive instead of making a blanket statement that it sucks? Maybe if we pointed out how the album could have been better, rush members might read this stuff and do another album. If i read enough negative posts like this about my band's new album, I'd probably say "f**k em. Let's just tour from now on, and charge ridiculous prices! Unappreciative bastards..."

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 23 2012, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

And everything after Signals sucks to you? Wow, most Rush fans I know, and I know a lot, would disagree. That statement there by itself completely discredits your opinion of CA IMO. You haven't been a fan of Rush in ages, so why post in a Rush forum 30 years later? wtf.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 24 2012, 06:28 AM)
Hey this guy has a full right to his opinion. I dont think hes a troll or off his rocker.

Now, I personally disagree with his assessment -- I love CA and think its easily their best overall effort since Grace.

But that being said, his opinion is no less valid than anyone else's and he has as much a right to post it here.

Im a bit surprised some of you cant see the difference between someone who just says he doesnt like something vs another who states extreme negative opinions under the guise of trying to provoke and instigate using language that is insulting. From the get go, it was sbvious that this guy was out to press buttons, and now we have proof. There have been people here who dont like CA but dont act insulting and arrogant about it and I have no issues with that. To each his own. But, in this case, he clearly crossed the line......was very obvious to me anyways.......

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 24 2012, 08:16 AM)
I guess what I'm saying is, can't you be contructive instead of making a blanket statement that it sucks? Maybe if we pointed out how the album could have been better, rush members might read this stuff and do another album. If i read enough negative posts like this about my band's new album, I'd probably say "f**k em. Let's just tour from now on, and charge ridiculous prices! Unappreciative bastards..."

Good thing the boys dont visit fan forums as was stated in a recent interview.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 24 2012, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 24 2012, 06:28 AM)
Hey this guy has a full right to his opinion.  I dont think hes a troll or off his rocker. 

Now, I personally disagree with his assessment -- I love CA and think its easily their best overall effort since Grace.

But that being said, his opinion is no less valid than anyone else's and he has as much a right to post it here.

Im a bit surprised some of you cant see the difference between someone who just says he doesnt like something vs another who states extreme negative opinions under the guise of trying to provoke and instigate using language that is insulting. From the get go, it was sbvious that this guy was out to press buttons, and now we have proof. There have been people here who dont like CA but dont act insulting and arrogant about it and I have no issues with that. To each his own. But, in this case, he clearly crossed the line......was very obvious to me anyways.......

I'm with you on this, Even the title of the thread stinks of troll.

062802puke_prv.gif

Was the OP being sarcastic, posting the opposite of his true opinions, as a farcical comment on the members who really DO have those opinions and have shared them??

"Sorry, but it sucks." Sorry, but no it doesn't. Hard as it may be to believe, almost all of us LOVE IT, and only a few of us are "pretending" to. wink.gif There've been Rush albums (and also Geddy's MFH) where I initially overstated my impressions of the album, in blind enthusiasm for having something NEW from the boys. I can tell that's not the case with CA. My enthusiasm for it is genuine and will be long-lasting; I know it. This is a great album I'll be re-visiting often, for the rest of my days.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 09:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but

but pretending is all I have? I mean, why would you stomp on that? I love to dress up like a catholic school girl and act out lesbian fantasies with my wife while listening to Clockwork Angels and pretending I absolutely love it!

Grading papers during The Anarchist...

Getting whacked with a ruler during Headlong Flight...

Stripping down to bra and panties during Carnies...

and you want to ruin it all!

sad.gif

I won't let you. atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Edited by Tick

You're talking Bullshit smilies-8579.png tongue.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

lol.

had to say it sorry. wink.gif

Whether the thread starter was being sarcastic (not amusing, dude) or really had all those negative things to say just to get a rise out of fans who like the new record, the thread us worthless and i want that ten minutes if my life back i spent on this waste of server space.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 24 2012, 09:42 AM)
Was the OP being sarcastic, posting the opposite of his true opinions, as a farcical comment on the members who really DO have those opinions and have shared them??

"Sorry, but it sucks." Sorry, but no it doesn't. Hard as it may be to believe, almost all of us LOVE IT, and only a few of us are "pretending" to. wink.gif There've been Rush albums (and also Geddy's MFH) where I initially overstated my impressions of the album, in blind enthusiasm for having something NEW from the boys. I can tell that's not the case with CA. My enthusiasm for it is genuine and will be long-lasting; I know it. This is a great album I'll be re-visiting often, for the rest of my days.

Well if so, he should have put a wink.gif after the post.

Unfortunately, with five pages we probably made his day. He probably woke up and said, "I think I need some attention." I used to get this stuff all the time when I taught junior high...

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 07:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

From your first line in your post you have managed to insult all of us who really love this album and you have also assumed that just because we are Rush fans that we will automatically love anything Rush puts out "to death" without thinking that maybe we have minds and think for ourselves. You've just made yourself a target to be attacked now on this board. Good job.

Carry on with the slaughter.

• Like 1

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 24 2012, 11:22 AM)
Unfortunately, with five pages we probably made his day. He probably woke up and said, "I think I need some attention." I used to get this stuff all the time when I taught junior high...

My gf is a teacher, and i think you're right. Absolutely right. Now he's hiding as an anonymous user. I can't believe i returned to the scene of the crime.

doh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2012, 05:48 AM)

For those who think the OP is innocently just giving his opinion and is being tragically misunderstood, check out his posting history and go back a little ways. He's been consistently antagonistic for a long time.

so if I'm understanding you correctly, he's just a giant Choad.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 24 2012, 12:28 PM)

From your first line in your post you have managed to insult all of us who really love this album and you have also assumed that just because we are Rush fans that we will automatically love anything Rush puts out "to death" without thinking that maybe we have minds and think for ourselves. You've just made yourself a target to be attacked now on this board. Good job.

He's a bonified ass*ole. Nuff said.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 24 2012, 12:28 PM)

Although I agree with your post. There are many in here that automatically love anything that Rush puts out "to death". Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Its called fanboyism. I do not mean that in a derogatory manner at all. As a long time, but former fanboy, I understand fanboyism intimately. Wish I could be one again. It was more fun.

He is clearly posting to poke lovers in the eye. No point in that.