Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

bitchslap.gif

Sorry man. Give it time. Look, when I first heard Rush in 1977, I could not stand them! Then, they started to grow on me, then I could not stop listening to A Farewell To Kings.

I really think Rush is the greatest band of all time. 2.gif

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 24 2012, 08:05 PM)
Who is Terrapin?

a light fruity dessert, but that's not important right now. Its all about what Germans think of Clockwork Angels. atickhum.gif

I'm currently listening to CA right this minute just to piss the thread starter off. Oh yeah that's great ... Fark yeah killer bass! wicked drum roll from Peart... Getting annoyed yet TS? Wait... Alex just let rip on an awesome lead.

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

You forgot something.

"IMO...." -- it means "in my opinion"

What you said is just your opinion. Nothing more.

When you state your OPINION with an emphatic tone, you come off like a total asshole troll.

Is that you you want to be seen or do you care?

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 09:33 PM)

To be honest, I would prefer sucking as much as the rest

OP edited for those who don't have time to read the whole thing. Here is the crux of what he was trying to convey. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Jun 25 2012, 07:23 AM)
When it comes to any art form, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Everyone has their own opinion.  So what if some people hate CA?  If you love it do they change your opinion?

He didnt just express his opinion..... he nsulted and mocked the rest of us who like CA by calling us delusional pretenders. Sure, we could have just ignored it and maybe we should have in an ideal world. But, this forum is not a Buddhist Monestary. He got what was coming to him....and more.

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 25 2012, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 25 2012, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Jun 25 2012, 07:23 AM)
When it comes to any art form, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Everyone has their own opinion.  So what if some people hate CA?  If you love it do they change your opinion?

He didnt just express his opinion..... he nsulted and mocked the rest of us who like CA by calling us delusional pretenders. Sure, we could have just ignored it and maybe we should have in an ideal world. But, this forum is not a Buddhist Monestary. He got what was coming to him....and more.

Exactly. If he hates CA, that's fine. I don't care. He can hate it, he can say so, and he can explain why he hates it all he wants.

But he crossed the line when he said the rest of us were "pretending" to like it and would eventually see things his way... presumably when we stopped "pretending" and became as enlightened as he. Hate the album all you want, but don't get the rest of us PERSONALLY involved in your hate. (And FWIW, if I didn't like the album, I wouldn't "pretend" I did. From day one of S&A's release, I was very verbal in my dislike of the album.)

It could've been entirely a put-on, and he could've been baiting us. Sure, we probably should've ignored the whole thing. This is a lesson I'm learning at home as a parent: not to take the bait and argue with my children, but rather ignore it and let it go. Myself and the others didn't do that; we perpetuated the argument.

But GR, this trolly thread is all about bating. No one should be expending energy trying to communicate with him. He's not coming back. At most, he'll come back as a guest to laugh at everyone.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 25 2012, 09:15 AM)
But GR, this trolly thread is all about bating. No one should be expending energy trying to communicate with him. He's not coming back. At most, he'll come back as a guest to laugh at everyone.

Well, of course!

Problem is, few among us can just let it lie. People love to argue and to prove they're "right." Trolls capitalize on this human tendency: they bait us, and we take the bait even though we recognize we shouldn't. Now we have nine pages of posts from people who couldn't help themselves and felt they HAD to respond.

Imagine if fish knew there was a fishing pole and death at the other end of that dangling worm... but still couldn't resist nibbling, because it was their instinct. That's us.

Good Lord people....I can promise you that the original poster is sitting back and watching his creation with a big grin on his face. 8-9 pages of posts and responses to a thread he started clearly to get everyone worked up.

We're not just feeding the troll, we are giving way too many servings