The Avengers

GeddyLeefan2112

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 17 2012, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ May 14 2012, 03:46 AM)
I have not seen the Capt. America movie but I will now.

You should, I think it's #2 right behind Iron Man for the best of the pre-Avengers movies.

I saw Avengers again last Saturday night, only this time in 3D. I'm not a huge 3D fan anymore, but it was actually worth it. Still couldn't hear what Hulk said after his "fight" with Loki though, everybody goes nuts for that part in the theater.

"Puny God"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after all, I might be in the minority here but it was just ok for me.

I'm a comic reader so I could go all geek with this movie, but still, there were some good parts but also a lot of zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The beginning is slow and uninteresting. The best thing about it are the actors: Ruffalo, Renner, even Smulders are extremely good. But when RDJ is on screen, he shines. He deservers every penny he gets for playing Tony Stark the way he does.

And best of all, HE WEARS A BLACK SABBATH SHIRT FOR HALF THE MOVIE!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 17 2012, 04:46 AM)

You should, I think it's #2 right behind Iron Man for the best of the pre-Avengers movies.

I saw Avengers again last Saturday night, only this time in 3D. I'm not a huge 3D fan anymore, but it was actually worth it. Still couldn't hear what Hulk said after his "fight" with Loki though, everybody goes nuts for that part in the theater.

It's on my "acquire" list now wink.gif

Interesting thing about our showing last Sunday... it was subtitled. Apparently we managed to show up for the showing for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. That turned out well, though, as we didn't miss any lines from the laughter. I had kinda hoped that I'd get a chance to use my meager ASL skills but the previews were going when we got seated and we stayed for the cookie, so nobody was left.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ May 17 2012, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 17 2012, 04:46 AM)

It's on my "acquire" list now wink.gif

Interesting thing about our showing last Sunday... it was subtitled. Apparently we managed to show up for the showing for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. That turned out well, though, as we didn't miss any lines from the laughter. I had kinda hoped that I'd get a chance to use my meager ASL skills but the previews were going when we got seated and we stayed for the cookie, so nobody was left.

ive seen them all in theatres and own the blu rays...

after seeing the avengers i went back and watched cap. america again.

it is such an important cog in the wheel...it's a great film by itself; but how it plays into the avengers is key.

expecially the teseract...

i also watched thor again after the avengers- puts a whole new spin on the loki/thor relationship and how loki goes anikan skywalker; so to speak.

i'm going for averngers again today- 4th time. this time iMax.

I saw the movie on Friday, and I must say it was amazing. It had the character development of Iron Man, the action/story balance from Thor, it managed to share the spotlight nicely with all of the characters, there were some great exchanges between them. Just wow. This is why Whedon is so awesome. I think it tops all of the superhero movies to date.

I went and watched it in 3D with my wife and mother-in-law last week.

It was fantastic. This is coming from a guy who never really followed comic books and/or superheros much; it was extremely entertaining. I was very into it.

This was also my first 3D movie...it was pretty cool. However, I would say that the story is so good that it didn't even require the 3D experience to get my attention. All in all...it was worth the money.

I also finally got around to watching Iron Man 2 on blu-ray the other day. I loved it as well. Great stuff.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 21 2012, 08:41 AM)

It was fantastic. This is coming from a guy who never really followed comic books and/or superheros much; it was extremely entertaining. I was very into it.

This was also my first 3D movie...it was pretty cool. However, I would say that the story is so good that it didn't even require the 3D experience to get my attention. All in all...it was worth the money.

I also finally got around to watching Iron Man 2 on blu-ray the other day. I loved it as well. Great stuff.

Funny, we did also - I don't like it as much as the first one. The "big fight" was WAY too short smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 21 2012, 10:48 AM)

Funny, we did also - I don't like it as much as the first one. The "big fight" was WAY too short smile.gif

Yeah, it was. That surprised me alot.

Saw it. The story had a slow-fast-slow-fast thing going on. I actually DIDN'T like it that much. I thought Battleship was much better (I saw it at the drive in, and it was a double feature.)

Sadly, I forgot about Iron Man 2 the day after I saw it. I found it annoying and only mildly entertaining in parts.

Iron Man, Thor, and The Avengers are my Blu-ray selections. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Captain America......maybe..... confused13.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 25 2012, 07:25 PM)
Ok now I'VE seen it! Now we can start discussing it properly!

As you were...and TRFers ASSEMBLE!!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

cool10.gif

Well, I can't discuss it until August. Besides you and me I'm not sure there are more than 2 or 3 TRFers that can pick up every little geeky comic detail that daniel throws out there. And sometimes I can't even keep up with him! tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 25 2012, 04:54 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 25 2012, 07:25 PM)
Ok now I'VE seen it! Now we can start discussing it properly!

As you were...and TRFers ASSEMBLE!!

1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif

cool10.gif

Well, I can't discuss it until August. Besides you and me I'm not sure there are more than 2 or 3 TRFers that can pick up every little geeky comic detail that daniel throws out there. And sometimes I can't even keep up with him! tongue.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Went to see it again today, this time in 3D. While I loved the British guy's "review", I disagree with him vehemently. The second time was as much fun as the first - more, as I saw things I'd missed the first time.

Tom Hiddleston is very close to stealing the entire film from his capable co-stars. You can tell that not only does he enjoy playing Loki, he understands the character very deeply. To a mythology geek like me, that's an added attraction. Well, that and all the eye candy on display. I realize I'm likely the only woman in this thread but... DAYUM! - ol' Cap has a sweet behind! wink.gif

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 29 2012, 08:20 PM)
Just saw it. Really good although it had a couple of dull spots toward the beginning, aside from that I really liked it, and will prob'ly see it again.

yes.gif

I finally got a copy of Captain America. It was very good and it did help piece a few puzzles together for The Avengers.