Axl's letter to the RRHOF

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say i'm surprised by this, it is Axl Rose after all. But if he doesn't want to get inducted then you really can't put the other members in because it's not right for GnR to go in without him. It just seems Axl is trying to screw over his former bandmates by declining.

Axl please. When someone thinks of GnR being a phenomenal band, no one thinks of Bumblefoot or Tommy Stinson. Like it or not, Slash is an essential component of any successful GnR line up. When Black Sabbath was inducted the original members appeared, not Tony Martin or Dave Spitz. The only album released without Slash was Chinese Democracy, and that was not good. Grow up.

In laymans terms w/o attorney assistance: Some of my ex-band mates are big poopie heads. I will not bring my ball and play on account of those poopie heads. Please come see my G&R cover band. I like my current band mates. They are not poopie heads.

I hate this guy with a passion. That being said, atleast he pretty much told them to stick their worthless award. He also screwed his ex bandmates and whatever "Fans" he has left. Hopefully we will never hear about G&R again laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2012, 07:55 AM)
I hate this guy with a passion. That being said, atleast he pretty much told them to stick their worthless award. He also screwed his ex bandmates and whatever "Fans" he has left. Hopefully we will never hear about G&R again laugh.gif

That's not what I got from it. I read it kinda fast so maybe I read past it, but I don't think he was commenting on the Hall or the award so much as his ex-bandmates and the drama around that. He did say he was honored and excited at first.

I agree wholeheartedly though, I hope we never have to hear about GNR ever again. They're done. All that's left is worthless drivel.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2012, 07:29 AM)
Was he three hours late delivering his open letter too?

HAHA!! goodpost.gif

What a windbag!! If you haven't yet, pick up Slash's (Auto)biography. Pretty amazing stuff in there, if even half of it's true wink.gif

I read this letter yesterday and didn't know how to respond.

The word, "Ungrateful" comes to mind.

I think Axl, is just being childish.

He really makes it hard to root for him, that's for sure.

When he slips into utter obscurity, I hope that ridiculous letter brings him some kind of solace.

Next...

dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

Thankfully I'm not a fan of Guns N' Roses, because this letter has Axl come off as a real prima donna major league asshole, extremely selfish and even borderline schizophrenic. It sounds like they were trying to make some kind of reunion thing work, and since that didn't, he's decided to f*ck everyone over instead and turn this whole thing into a clusterf*ck disaster where the Hall either has to NOT induct GNR or induct the band without his permission.

I already thought he was kind of an asshole by leaving shows early or cancelling shows/tours, which is really a complete disregard for the fans, but this is pretty over the top.

To say "kind of a dick move" is an insult to dick moves everywhere.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 12 2012, 06:37 PM)
I guess I'm in the minority since I think it's great someone told them to shove it.

Yeah, but he didn't, essentially he seems to be saying hey I couldn't make it work out with my former band members to do a reunion like I had hoped, so you know what? F*ck everyone. F*ck my former band mates, f*ck the RRHOF, f*ck the fans, f*ck everyone, I'm gonna make it so everyone is miserable because that's just how I roll.

I'm disappointed in myself for actually reading that pathetic "letter". That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back....

I guess this calls for another thread:

What has been the most embarassing thing about the RHOF so far?

1) Rush being ignored by them;

2) Kiss being ignored by them;

3) Van Halen being inducted with no Van Halens at the ceremony, only Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar;

4) Axl refusing to be inducted in one of the weirdest, most egocentrical/self important letter anyone in the music business has ever wrote.

I guess the other members are willing to. It's nicer to see Velvet Revolver inducted than Axl and friends. It's too bad he couldn't man up and swallow his pride for one night. He didn't even have to pretend to like them again. Just because he is inducted doesn't mean they'll be best friends and have a reunion tour.

Then again, the Hall is a joke. Madonna, ABBA, and even Hip hop artists being in before Rush, Kiss, and countless other great bands is ridiculous. So if Axl wants to be a jackass about it, it doesn't really hurt the hall any more.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 12 2012, 10:42 PM)
I'm disappointed in myself for actually reading that pathetic "letter". That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back....

No way Axl wrote that. He just doesn't strike me as smart enough to string together anything much more complex than "f*ck" and "you". Dictated it, perhaps, but sat down and wrote it?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 12 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 12 2012, 06:37 PM)
I guess I'm in the minority since I think it's great someone told them to shove it.

Yeah, but he didn't, essentially he seems to be saying hey I couldn't make it work out with my former band members to do a reunion like I had hoped, so you know what? F*ck everyone. F*ck my former band mates, f*ck the RRHOF, f*ck the fans, f*ck everyone, I'm gonna make it so everyone is miserable because that's just how I roll.

goodpost.gif

Ugh, I couldn't even get through the whole letter. I guess you can't expect much more from a guy whose name is an anagram for oral sex. As far as I'm concerned he can suck it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2012, 06:55 AM)

This!

What a fat DOUCHE!!!

Take a hike ORAL SEX! I mean AXL ROSE!!! SUCK IT!

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 12 2012, 09:11 PM)
Didn't a similar thing happen with the Sex Pistols a few years ago? confused13.gif

Johnny Rotten RULES!!!

"Fuuck this and fuuck that, fuuck it all and fuuck the fuucking brat, she don't wanna baby who looks like that, I don't wanna baby that looks like that!"

Signed,

"BODIES"