last movie you watched

sonicjams

Born To Be Blue.

Ethan Hawke played Chet Baker, the jazz trumpeter. After getting famous in the 50's, he was battling drug addiction and trying to make a comeback. Not a whole lot happened, but I liked it. Hawke was very good and it had a pretty soundtrack and lighting.

• Like 1

Serenity. Still good with cheesy movie music. Joss must have hated that

The show had some pretty cheesy music so I'm guessing it was deliberate.

The Mummy

Ok...now I am way older than the last time I saw this...the similarities between me and Brendan Fraser that keeps being brought up is sort of eery...I see it too (especially when he pulls faces).

Anyway, I love this movie.

• Like 2

Guardians.....vol 2.

LOVED this film. the first was one of my very fav marvel films. this is better for me. so much fun.

Mick

I need to see it again AND stay awake!

• Like 1

The Last Samurai.

Mixed bag here.

Some good action scenes + Tony Goldwyn & Masato Harada play believable (though somewhat stock) a-hole villains.

Some bad, unbelievable situations such as...

(1) Cruise getting accepted by the villagers and the family after killing the samurai husband/father towards the beginning, (2) Cruise's katana mastery after a relatively short period of study...a Civil War captain is taking down multiple ninjas simultaneously?!?! Silly!, (3) Cruise STILL not dying after being riddled with bullets and stabbed repeatedly with bayonets

• Like 1

Moana. It's my first time seeing it and I think I'll watch it again, I liked it that much.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

Moana. It's my first time seeing it and I think I'll watch it again, I liked it that much.

It gets better with repeat viewings.

• Like 1

It gets better with repeat viewings.

I can see why. The songs are great and the story is so positive and affirming.

• Like 1

http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/zorjsnTKd3tsu6PWWLNIZlg4kmc/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2016/02/16/804/n/1922283/af7a788f067017bc_deadpool-SYB_2040_v076.1040_rgb_1_/i/Deadpool-Movie-Pictures.jpg

Not as bad as I expected. A few good one-liners in there but Colossus was garbage, that X-Men trainee was nothing like the comic character (ability-wise), and those villains were uninteresting. Still, Deadpool IS Deadpool so if you like the character, you probably liked this. I don't like Deadpool or Ryan Reynolds but I saw it anyway. Not a total bust but I could've skipped it.

http://volganga.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Maggie_2015_trailer_film_review.jpg

Slower than a legless zombie but it's a thoughtful movie. More drama than horror, more characters crying than undead brawls.

Plus, I'm surprised that Ahnold is legitimately acting.

• Like 1