last movie you watched

sonicjams

Dr. Strange. What a wild movie. I think I would have to watch it several times to be able to follow what actually happens. Probably one of the best Marvel movies I've seen.
  • Like 2

Dr. Strange. What a wild movie. I think I would have to watch it several times to be able to follow what actually happens. Probably one of the best Marvel movies I've seen.

It's definitely in my top 5 of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. It'll be cool to see how they use him in other MCU movies too. He easily fits in with the other characters. Especially in the "world" of Thor.

It's definitely in my top 5 of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. It'll be cool to see how they use him in other MCU movies too. He easily fits in with the other characters. Especially in the "world" of Thor.

Which makes sense considering the scene between him and Thor after the credits.

The Martian. Utah never looked so red

Turns out those scenes were filmed in Hungary and Jordan according to IMDB. No Utah but Houston and Cal Tech were the locations for US scenes though.

Utah is quite red in 127 Hours.

The Mars training facility is in southeast Utah and some of that was used. Most was CGI I think. I haven't watched the extras disc yet

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Loved it. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one.

Any problems with any of the characterizations?

I liked the first one BUT I had an issue with how different Yondu was from the comic. I wanted Yondu but I got Merle Dixon. WTF?!

It doesn't start here until Friday.

Mantis is flying around with Ego is this...that was kind of weird. Her is a bit off too. Those are very minor to me though. Yondu is the big one, but I actually like blue Merle. And at least he has his fin in this. :LOL:

The Yondu thing in part 1 bothered me enough to the point where I couldn't grade it an "A-" or higher. It'd get a B+ because everything else was a lot of fun.

Plus, Yondu needed his bow! What the hell?! Yondu without a bow is on par with Hawkeye without a bow or Captain America without a shield!

Ok, I just finished GotG part 2. It was entertaining but I definitely liked the first one much more.

I had quite a bit of character gripes...

- plastic looking, attachable dorsal fin?!!

- THAT was Mantis?!

Some other character gripes that belong as spoilers...

The original Guardians of the Galaxy in...

Stallone as Starhawk?!! And with a gun?!! Dumb. What was all that crap connecting them to the Ravagers about code and bla bla bla?!

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Starhawk-Marvel-Comics-Guardians-Galaxy-Stakar-e.jpg

Ving Rhames as Charlie 27 I guess is plausible, bulk wise anyway.

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3e/b6/8d/3eb68d1ef395d98902240bb2ceb3be45.jpg

Martinex looked like shit.

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dd/c8/25/ddc825bd2883e749d68bdda2418743df.jpg

Oh, and I'm still disappointed that they completely missed the chance to have Yondu with his bow. What a waste.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/f/fc/Yondu_3.JPG

And since they were sliding in the original Guardians with Starhawk, Martinex, Charlie-27 + (Michelle Yeoh as Aleta), where the hell was Vance Astro?! Come on! He MADE the team. I can't see how the writers side stepped that whole comic history...especially since the MCU prides itself on being faithful to the comics. IF Sly was going to be ANY Guardian he SHOULD'VE been Vance.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/3/38/Gotg_main.JPG

What else?

Song selection was decent again but I think they were going a little overboard with it.

Still, some of the jokes & sentiments were well played and the eye candy was popping.

The plus side for non-comic readers is that my gripes would mean nothing when watching. BUT if you are a fan of the comics, surely some of them must bother you like they do me. Of all the MCU movies this one took the most liberties with the characters.

Calamity Jane. Great Doris Day film. She owns this part.

Always amazed she didn't get an Oscar for this.

• Like 2

I know she won several awards for this but I agree with you. It's got to be her best film or if not, close to it.

• Like 2

I know she won several awards for this but I agree with you. It's got to be her best film or if not, close to it.

I have only watched it about eight times in my entire life. I LOVE it every time!

• Like 2

I have only watched it about eight times in my entire life. I LOVE it every time!

I can see why. It's a really upbeat, happy type film. All the songs are really good too.

• Like 2

The Martian. Utah never looked so red

Turns out those scenes were filmed in Hungary and Jordan according to IMDB. No Utah but Houston and Cal Tech were the locations for US scenes though.

Utah is quite red in 127 Hours.

You're right it was Jordan. I swear I read something about the actors training at the Mars trading centre which is in Utah, but no filming there. What if we get to Mars and it doesn't look like Jordan?

Sully

Awesome movie. See it!

• Like 2

Prometheus. I wanted to rewatch this before the new Alien movie comes out. Wasn't as bad as I remembered. It's a better movie if you don't think of it as an Alien movie but is just a sci-fi horror flick.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/023cf26da05cd6f1d85ed9c54b3278e1/tumblr_inline_mknbhw8coe1qz4rgp.jpg

One of Christopher Nolan's first films. Released in '98, "Following" preceded Memento and you can tell it's trying to evolve into that much greater movie. Still, this is a decent psychological mystery that does a lot for a movie filmed on a paltry $6,000 budget.

Grade: B-

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CHGo2F5X-lo/VFkcdcxMqbI/AAAAAAABu-Y/dqjeTSgyaNg/s1600/00%2BResurrecting%2BThe%2BChamp%2B(2007).jpg

A prett much run of the mill sports story that gets boosted up a little by Sam Jackson's performance as a homeless man who claims he's former pro heavyweight boxer Bob Satterfield.

Grade: C+

Prometheus. I wanted to rewatch this before the new Alien movie comes out. Wasn't as bad as I remembered. It's a better movie if you don't think of it as an Alien movie but is just a sci-fi horror flick.

It's better than 3 and 4 but not the greatness I was hoping for with the first two especially since Ridley returned.

I hear Covenant is much better, though. 74 percent on RT so I'm more optimistic. I'll see it next week instead of waiting until it hits HBO.

• Like 1

It's better than 3 and 4 but not the greatness I was hoping for with the first two especially since Ridley returned.

I hear Covenant is much better, though. 74 percent on RT so I'm more optimistic. I'll see it next week instead of waiting until it hits HBO.

I had big hopes for AC but I haven't heard a lot of positive reviews yet. Apparently the CGI is very obvious and distracting. I have hopes though.

Edited by EagleMoon

Draculaprinceofdarkness.jpg

I'm watching it now on TV

Here's some info about it:

Dracula does not speak in the film, save for a few hisses. According to Christopher Lee: "I didn’t speak in that picture. The reason was very simple. I read the script and saw the dialogue! I said to Hammer, if you think I’m going to say any of these lines, you’re very much mistaken." :LOL:

• Like 5

Dracula does not speak in the film, save for a few hisses. According to Christopher Lee: "I didn’t speak in that picture. The reason was very simple. I read the script and saw the dialogue! I said to Hammer, if you think I’m going to say any of these lines, you’re very much mistaken." :LOL:

Especially with those teeth in! :LOL:

• Like 2

Especially with those teeth in! :LOL:

Aye!

It's a good Hammer flick though actually! :blaze:

• Like 2