I'm a Dad again

ILSnwdog

Well gang, Mrs ILS and I had a very eventful day yesterday. I've been keeping a little secret from you all. We've been having a problem with our pregnancy. It was discovered that our little girl was suffering from a growth restriction in the womb. Because the problem started so early, the doctors were not painting a pretty picture. I guess 1/4 of the people that have this problem as early as we did lose their babies. The problem had to do with the placenta not getting enough blood to the fetus. Well, we went to our weekly ultra sound yesterday, and the growth measurements showed that the baby was no longer growing in the womb, so we were hoping that we would be able to delivery at 36 weeks, but we agreed with the doctors that the best thing to do was delivery her ASAP, at 34 weeks (full term is 40 weeks).

So, last night at 6:31 PM CST, Keira Lyn Snowdog was born. She is 13 inches long and weighs 1 pound 11 ounces. Because gestationaly, she was pretty far along in the pregnancy, she is in much better shape than a premie baby of that size. By 10:00 PM last night she was breathing on her own, and she has been able to eat 1 CC of formula every three hours. So baby is doing great all things considered. She will probably be in the infant ICU for a little while.

Right now she has tubes in her little nose and a feeding tube in her mouth, and she also had an IV. So, I'll share some photos with you guys once she is disconencted from all that stuff. I really don't want to introduce her in her current state.

And Mrs. ILS is doing wonderful despite her over 2 hour C-section last night.

More news to follow!

• Like 3

Congratulations! Wishing all the best for you, Mrs Snowdog & baby Snowdog! wink.gif rose.gif

Jim, thank you for letting me ride along on your journey. I have spent months (and I know you know this because I don't shut up about it) thinking about you, your wife and that tiny little baby. I am overjoyed to hear that baby Keira is doing so well! I know she's a beautiful little baby with a beautiful name.

wub.gif

and

cheer.gif

but most of all hug2.gif

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone. Keira was just baptised this afternoon. Her heart rate, breathing, and the oxygen in her blood are all right were they need to be. She is in a clear plastic box called an isolet, which controls the temperature and humidity, so we can't hold her yet. She is getting feedings every two hours and those are going well too. So far so good! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
  • Like 1

Congratulations and I am glad everyone is safe and recovering! trink39.gif