I'm a Dad again

ILSnwdog

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 14 2011, 04:04 PM)
Well, she's gain 40 grams today and is back up to 1 kilogram. Here are some recent photos:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/Keira_2_14III.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/Keira_2_14IV.jpg

What an absolute cutie pie! And great news on the weight gain. Hope you all are home soon!

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 14 2011, 09:04 PM)
Well, she's gain 40 grams today and is back up to 1 kilogram.  Here are some recent photos:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/Keira_2_14III.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/Keira_2_14IV.jpg

Isn't she just beautiful..? heart.gif heart.gif

Were up to 1020 grams and we're eating 13 ml every two hours. She is doing a couple feedings every day by bottle. Last night when I fed her, I didn't stop until she ate 17 ml, and she could have kept going. When I pulled the bottle out of her mouth she was like "Hey!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 17 2011, 10:17 AM)
Were up to 1020 grams and we're eating 13 ml every two hours. She is doing a couple feedings every day by bottle. Last night when I fed her, I didn't stop until she ate 17 ml, and she could have kept going. When I pulled the bottle out of her mouth she was like "Hey!" laugh.gif

Hey! where's the kielbasa n pierogies? lol biggrin.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 17 2011, 09:17 AM)

applaudit.gif

atta girl! sounds like she's groovin in the right direction! Thanks for sharing her progress with us. smile.gif

1022.gif Let's get to 2112 grams. 1022.gif

Big day today. We're up to 1080 grams (2 lbs, 6 oz) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And our primary nurse even discussed some going home plans for Keira! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Probably won't be for another week, but at least they are talking about it now. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 17 2011, 07:26 PM)
Big day today. We're up to 1080 grams (2 lbs, 6 oz) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And our primary nurse even discussed some going home plans for Keira! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Probably won't be for another week, but at least they are talking about it now. biggrin.gif

Beautiful! atickhum.gif

Thats wonderful to hear. "Yo pops, what gives ... gimme that back!" laugh.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 18 2011, 12:58 AM)
Were up to 1020 grams and we're eating 13 ml every two hours.  She is doing a couple feedings every day by bottle.  Last night when I fed her, I didn't stop until she ate 17 ml, and she could have kept going.  When I pulled the bottle out of her mouth she was like "Hey!"  laugh.gif

Thats wonderful to hear. "Yo pops, what gives ... gimme that back!" laugh.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

So great to know she's doing very well! wub.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well, I finally got to bring my parents to see Keira yesterday. My Mom had back surgery in January, and couldn't ride in the car for the hour trip to the hospital until now. It was great seeing the look on her face when she finally got to see her newest grandchild. smile.gif

And Keira is doing fantastic. She is up to 2 lbs. 8 oz. She is doing more feedings by bottle too. Yesterday, the nurse said she was actually crying for a bottle. 1022.gif

Yesterday I started to put the nursery back together. It was the office. One of my buddies came over and we moved all of the desk that we had in that room to the basement. Then we bought a new dresser for my son Connor, and moved the dresser with the changing pad back to the nursery. I'm sore today, but at least that is done, and the only thing that I need to do before she comes home is to put the crib back together.

I hope she is home by the weekend, but I don't think that is going to happen. sad.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 21 2011, 09:32 AM)
Well, I finally got to bring my parents to see Keira yesterday. My Mom had back surgery in January, and couldn't ride in the car for the hour trip to the hospital until now. It was great seeing the look on her face when she finally got to see her newest grandchild. smile.gif

And Keira is doing fantastic. She is up to 2 lbs. 8 oz. She is doing more feedings by bottle too. Yesterday, the nurse said she was actually crying for a bottle. 1022.gif

Yesterday I started to put the nursery back together. It was the office. One of my buddies came over and we moved all of the desk that we had in that room to the basement. Then we bought a new dresser for my son Connor, and moved the dresser with the changing pad back to the nursery. I'm sore today, but at least that is done, and the only thing that I need to do before she comes home is to put the crib back together.

I hope she is home by the weekend, but I don't think that is going to happen. sad.gif

Great news, Jim! Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Feb 21 2011, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 21 2011, 09:32 AM)
Well, I finally got to bring my parents to see Keira yesterday.  My Mom had back surgery in January, and couldn't ride in the car for the hour trip to the hospital until now.  It was great seeing the look on her face when she finally got to see her newest grandchild.  smile.gif

And Keira is doing fantastic.  She is up to 2 lbs. 8 oz.  She is doing more feedings by bottle too.  Yesterday, the nurse said she was actually crying for a bottle.  1022.gif

Yesterday I started to put the nursery back together.  It was the office.  One of my buddies came over and we moved all of the desk that we had in that room to the basement.  Then we bought a new dresser for my son Connor, and moved the dresser with the changing pad back to the nursery.  I'm sore today, but at least that is done, and the only thing that I need to do before she comes home is to put the crib back together.

I hope she is home by the weekend, but I don't think that is going to happen.  sad.gif

Great news, Jim! Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Usually they want them to be a little bigger...closer to 5 lbs before they go home. My sister work in a NICU(neonatal intensive care) here.