I'm a Dad again

ILSnwdog

Thanks Missionman. trink39.gif

Well, Keira has gained a little weight, and is 10 grams heavier than her birth weight.

The transfusion went well, and her platelet count is up. She looks great today. They are going to let mom hold her for the first time today. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 30 2011, 09:56 PM)
Thanks Missionman. trink39.gif

Well, Keira has gained a little weight, and is 10 grams heavier than her birth weight.

The transfusion went well, and her platelet count is up. She looks great today. They are going to let mom hold her for the first time today. 1022.gif

That's great news, stay strong.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jan 30 2011, 06:38 PM)
Thanks Missionman.  trink39.gif

The transfusion went well, and her platelet count is up.  She looks great today.  They are going to let mom hold her for the first time today.  1022.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jan 30 2011, 05:38 PM)
Thanks Missionman.  trink39.gif

The transfusion went well, and her platelet count is up.  She looks great today.  They are going to let mom hold her for the first time today.  1022.gif

Thanks Tony. trink39.gif

Yesterday my wife was able to hold her for over an hour. That was the fist time they took her out of her isolet for something other than medical attention. Tomorrow I get to hold her. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Of course you should honor your wife's wishes.

But tell her, for me, from one mom to another, that your little girl's early birth and subsequent survival and the fact that she's thriving comes as close to a miracle as anything I've seen. Those wires and tubes and sensors are making that miracle possible.

We would love to meet Keira and wouldn't think twice about the tubes - but you guys know best.

Thinking of you all. heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 1 2011, 07:12 AM)

But tell her, for me, from one mom to another, that your little girl's early birth and subsequent survival and the fact that she's thriving comes as close to a miracle as anything I've seen. Those wires and tubes and sensors are making that miracle possible.

We would love to meet Keira and wouldn't think twice about the tubes - but you guys know best.

Thinking of you all. heart.gif

Thanks GG! It's also a miracle that she was able to stay in the womb until 34 weeks. Debbie's doctor said that he never thought we would make it that far. It's because she was able to stay in the womb for that long that she has a fighting chance. Her lungs and intestines were able to develop. There are babies in the NICU that are twice her size and have many more issues than she has. We are very fortunate. I think the man upstairs is really looking out for her. smile.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 1 2011, 10:40 AM)

But tell her, for me, from one mom to another, that your little girl's early birth and subsequent survival and the fact that she's thriving comes as close to a miracle as anything I've seen.  Those wires and tubes and sensors are making that miracle possible. 

Thinking of you all.  heart.gif

Thanks GG! It's also a miracle that she was able to stay in the womb until 34 weeks. Debbie's doctor said that he never thought we would make it that far. It's because she was able to stay in the womb for that long that she has a fighting chance. Her lungs and intestines were able to develop. There are babies in the NICU that are twice her size and have many more issues than she has. We are very fortunate. I think the man upstairs is really looking out for her. smile.gif

that guy upstairs can be a pretty tough SOB too laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 1 2011, 07:40 AM)

But tell her, for me, from one mom to another, that your little girl's early birth and subsequent survival and the fact that she's thriving comes as close to a miracle as anything I've seen.  Those wires and tubes and sensors are making that miracle possible. 

Thinking of you all.  heart.gif

She's a special little baby. wub.gif

Well, we figured the roads should be cleared up enough to venture out to the hospital, so we didn't miss a day of visiting, and I'm glad we made it. We got to hold her for a minute, and she was awake for a little while. We got to see her with her eyes open more than we had before.

She also is up to 5 CCs per feeding (1 teaspoon). And she also gained some weight. She is up to 850 grams or 1 pound 14 ounces. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 3 2011, 06:16 AM)
Well, we figured the roads should be cleared up enough to venture out to the hospital, so we didn't miss a day of visiting, and I'm glad we made it. We got to hold her for a minute, and she was awake for a little while. We got to see her with her eyes open more than we had before.

She also is up to 5 CCs per feeding (1 teaspoon). And she also gained some weight. She is up to 850 grams or 1 pound 14 ounces. 1022.gif

I'm so glad you both got to hold Keira - that must have been an incredible feeling! smile.gif wub.gif trink39.gif 653.gif bncegrn.gif cheer.gif th1245.gif heart.gif angel.gif hug2.gif

Big time congrats my friend!!! Kids keep you young at heart while bringing you as great of a joy as this life holds.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 2 2011, 11:16 PM)

That is great news! You got to hold her! What a precious moment that must have been. smile.gif

We're up to 6 CCs for her feedings, and her bilirubin is down and the jaundice is gone, so the billi light is finally off. So, she is breathing, eating, and pooping. Everything we need her to do, other than grow. smile.gif '

More updates to come.