I'm a Dad again

ILSnwdog

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 4 2011, 10:39 AM)
We're up to 6 CCs for her feedings, and her bilirubin is down and the jaundice is gone, so the billi light is finally off. So, she is breathing, eating, and pooping. Everything we need her to do, other than grow. smile.gif '

More updates to come.

and pictures!

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Feb 4 2011, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 4 2011, 10:39 AM)
We're up to 6 CCs for her feedings, and her bilirubin is down and the jaundice is gone, so the billi light is finally off.  So, she is breathing, eating, and pooping.  Everything we need her to do, other than grow.  smile.gif '

More updates to come.

and pictures!

OK. I guess I can post this one.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/MenKeira.jpg

I'll post more when she doesn't have an IV, feeding tube, or countless leads all over her body.

And I usually don't have my shirt open when I'm at the hospital. We have to have skin to skin contact to help keep Keira warm. smile.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 4 2011, 02:12 PM)

That's great stuff, Jim. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif But you scared the hell out of me. For a second, I thought you were the mother. wacko.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 4 2011, 02:12 PM)

I'll post more when she doesn't have an IV, feeding tube, or countless leads all over her body.

And I usually don't have my shirt open when I'm at the hospital. We have to have skin to skin contact to help keep Keira warm. smile.gif

OMG Jim, she is absolutely beautiful - what an amazing miracle for your family. Congratulations!!!

Again...Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes.

Yesterday Keira hit 2 lbs. and she is eating 8 CCs. When She hits 11 CCs., she gets her IV out. I guess there is a risk of infection with the IV, so the doctors want to get it out ASAP.

So, I feel like the walking dead. I'm back at work, and we are still visiting Keira daily. It's an hour drive each way. So, I'm spending 4 hours each day that I didn't have before. I've talked to people who had kids in the NICU for 2-3 months. I don't know how they did it. I'm burned out and it isn't even two weeks yet.

I really want to get our little girl home. sad.gif

Hang in there Jim, I did it for 2.5 months. I worked 50 miles from home at the time. You can and will do it. !! Every nite after work with a 2yr old too, you will be fine. Hard as hell now but it wont kill ya. LOL. biggrin.gif

Just got back from visiting Keira. She hit one Kilo, and that was big deal to the staff. To those of you not comfortable with the metric system, she is 2 lbs. 4 oz. She also may get the IV out tomorrow. And the best news of the night...she is starting to regulate her temperature on her own a little bit. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm really hoping that she can go home the weekend after next. That's my prediction. Lets see how close I come. She needs to be able to drink from a bottle. That's her next hurdle.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 9 2011, 11:01 PM)
Just got back from visiting Keira. She hit one Kilo, and that was big deal to the staff. To those of you not comfortable with the metric system, she is 2 lbs. 4 oz. She also may get the IV out tomorrow. And the best news of the night...she is starting to regulate her temperature on her own a little bit. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm really hoping that she can go home the weekend after next. That's my prediction. Lets see how close I come. She needs to be able to drink from a bottle. That's her next hurdle.

Thanks for the update! Glad she is going in the right direction. trink39.gif