Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:20 PM)
On topic: I'm wildly excited for this setlist, if it's true. Presto, Time Stand Still, Marathon, La Villa.... I think it's a pretty damn good setlist but this is only my second Rush show ever.

Then you are in for one hell of a great time. For someone in your position, its a killer setlist. Not two ways about it.

Like they say its all relative and the longer you have been at it and the more shows you have seen, the tougher it becomes for one to be satisfied with a setlist. I crave the old and the epic.

Edited by tangy

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:22 PM)
In the interest of keeping this thread from getting locked, I'm sorry I even replied to him. I just felt offended someone would say something like that.

On topic: I'm wildly excited for this setlist, if it's true. Presto, Time Stand Still, Marathon, La Villa.... I think it's a pretty damn good setlist but this is only my second Rush show ever.

right, but it's perfectly fine for Neil to publicly offend billions of people across the globe who believe in God eyesre4.gif

shaun3701 is incapable of letting it go or moving to the appropriate thread even after repeated requests.

He should be banned.

That set list rumor has some good things and some questionable things.

I am just happy we are on the eve of another tour and can speculate, discuss, debate and wish for our own dream sets.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 28 2010, 07:22 PM)
So where's Score Out and FOHlights?  ph34r.gif

FOH was here today. The other guy......................... biggrin.gif

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jun 28 2010, 07:31 PM)
In the interest of keeping this thread from getting locked, I'm sorry I even replied to him. I just felt offended someone would say something like that.

right, but it's perfectly fine for Neil to publicly offend billions of people across the globe who believe in God eyesre4.gif

shaun3701 is incapable of letting it go or moving to the appropriate thread even after repeated requests.

He should be banned.

I am just happy we are on the eve of another tour and can speculate, discuss, debate and wish for our own dream sets.

if you really want to silence me for having an opinion, go right ahead. If this is the way people act on this board, I'd rather not waste my time anyway.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:22 PM)

Seriously guys. Do we need to get trenken into this so he can straighten everyone out? rofl3.gif My god I'm hilarious! I really need to kick that dream of being a stand-up comedian into high gear. Anyway, why is it so difficult to discuss a possible setlist without turning it into some bullshit?

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:33 PM)

He should be banned.

if you really want to silence me for having an opinion, go right ahead. If this is the way people act on this board, I'd rather not waste my time anyway.

No one is trying to silence your opinion. This is just not the thread to express it. It seems like you're trying to hijack it. Simply go to SOCN if you feel this strongly about it. That's all.

QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Jun 28 2010, 07:18 PM)
I thought that we were going to really get a "vault" setlist this time around based on the information and rumors that were floating around along with the tour name. I thought this was the "B" Sides Tour. Mostly old and rare stuff - This is what I was led to believe

Yeah? That's what you were led to believe, huh? By WHO, exactly? It wasn't the band... it wasn't the band's management... so what the hell are you basing your disappointment on? Internet rumors? You must be new to the internet if you believe a fraction of what you read online.

I like this setlist, but I will not believe it to be real until the reports come in from the show tomorrow night. Until then, it's just another internet rumor.

Been a fan since 2112 when I was 10. I like all Rush. Old and new. I do not expect anything prior to AFTK or Hemispheres. First concert was PW and will see #44 in Milw. But WTF with this list. It is not the songs, it is these songs in 1 setlist, live.

Faithless is not a live song. It rambles on way too long for a live song. SIO sucks live. TSS is not a second song to keep the momentum going. With all of the catalog they have and to come up with this is just garbage. In fairness, Marathon is terrific live. Analog Kid could have taken Subdivisions spot. Only the 30th time I will see subdivisions. SOR and Freewill are musts. Just too much energy not to play. If they wanted to capture the casual fan and die hard, they failed.

I do not expect the "old" stuff, but think of what could have been....Analog Kid? GUP? Chain lightning for god's sake instead of Presto. Cut to the Chase is outstanding live. 100x's better than Stick It Out. An absolute joke considering this is Rush. LVS and Working Man are past their usefullness. Snakes tour was much better. They might as well just added TCE and dropped Witch Hunt and Vital signs to add something else. For all of you first timers to the show, it will be terrific as always, but could have been much better

If this is indeed what was heard at rehearsal, then this is what it is. They are very methodical and do not like to change shows other than maybe a song.

Didn't Bright Antennae have a connection with Score Out? Can you confirm or deny?

I guess I'm just disappointed - I thought we were in for more than this - Just a way to say thank you to the fans who have been around since the 70's - I thought that that was the idea behind this tour (rarely played classics, fan favorites, etc.) - A thank you to the fans. Just my interpretation of what I thought was going to happen.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 05:01 PM)
I may sell my ticket...ugh.

facepalm.gif

need a ticket upgrade fanboi?

No thanks, I've got great seats for LV and WA. smile.gif

Seriously, would you sell your ticket over 4-5 songs? Or do you hate the whole setlist?

"...a blind man in the market,buying what is sold."

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:33 PM)

He should be banned.

Take it to another thread or let it the **** go. Seriously.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 08:41 PM)

facepalm.gif

Seriously, would you sell your ticket over 4-5 songs? Or do you hate the whole setlist?

Ouch. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 07:41 PM)

facepalm.gif

You've got to be freaking kidding. confused13.gif

If you're serious, have fun sitting this one out. bekloppt.gif

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 28 2010, 03:51 PM)
anyone else excited for Faithless?!?!

Absolutely! The theme of this song rubs some folks the wrong way but I like it a great deal and am glad they are playing it.

Very AVERAGE set list. Not happy about this at all. I actually bought tickets to a 2nd show because I wanted to see Jacobs Ladder twice. This is the R30, Snakes and Arrows, and Vapor Trails tour combined. Not much effort or original thought here and some really bad choices.

Nothing from P/G? TFE? FBN? COS? FB? VT?

Highlights to me will be simple: Marathon, Presto, Camera Eye, Caravan, BU2B, Time Stand Still, Drum solo, Vital Signs.

So I have 8 things to look forward to and one of them isn't even a song.

I give this a C- at best.

Seriously... I paid $60 CAD tax incl. For this ticket to a festival where I can also see Maiden and Rammstein with the same ticket if I so choose. Not very expensive at all.

I wont complain anymore if they do play what is rumored to be song # 3 on that setlist. I have waited YEARS to see that and never thought I would...

but the "omission" makes it bittersweet.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jun 28 2010, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 28 2010, 03:51 PM)
anyone else excited for Faithless?!?!

Absolutely! The theme of this song rubs some folks the wrong way but I like it a great deal and am glad they are playing it.

I love it!

wub.gif

If this is the actual setlist, it looks a little dull, but you have to remind yourself that this is just a warm up tour for them to get ready to record the rest of the album.

It's hard to complain about it. If this were in support of the new album, it would be an awful setlist, but its just a shortened warm up tour.

There's a couple interesting songs that they havent played in a long time, or ever, but for a tour called the time machine tour, I was really hoping for older stuff ive never seen, maybe a little CoS love, even though they hate that album.

Maybe all of Cygnus X-1, dropped a few keys of course, maybe Xanadu or AFTK title track. Maybe Fly By Night. Didnt get any of that. It's all standard issue Rush tour songs except for a small handful, so thats very disappointing, its a weak set list, but like I said, this isnt exactly a normal Rush tour.

The issues ive always had with them is they are so strict with their tour. Many of the bands I listen to change up the setlist damn near every night, Rush never does that and its a little boring. Even from tour to tour, not much changes outside of a handful of songs. Im not sure why they are like that.

Even bands with songs as complex as Dream Theaters, those guys always change their setlist up. I always get the sense that they just arent willing to put in the work to knowing all of their songs all the time like many other bands are. Maybe this is due to Neil's dislike for touring, who knows.