Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 29 2010, 07:31 PM)
Love both sets!!!!

Can't WAIT to hear that first note of that first song!!!!!

That first note will be an F-sharp! 1022.gif

YEAH F#! 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 29 2010, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 29 2010, 07:31 PM)
Love both sets!!!!

Can't WAIT to hear that first note of that first song!!!!!

That first note will be an F-sharp! 1022.gif

Leave it to a guitar player to point that out...

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 29 2010, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 05:50 PM)
well, faithless i'm not into the song at all.  i think it's a terrible choice to play live.  freewill, great upbeat sound, but damn it just needed to be let go to make room for something else.  i've just grown tired of hearing it in the setlist.  bu2b, not terribly bad song, but once again i'm not feeling it, and if it's true that they are playing all 3 of these songs in a row, whether you're religious or not, gimme a break.

Okay, I thought you were boycotting them based just on the lyrics.

That would just be silly for anyone to do.

OK, here is my level of psychedness from 1 to 10 with 10 be very pumped.

The Spirit of Radio 8

Time Stand Still 7

Stick It Out 10

Presto 10

Workin' Them Angels 10

Leave That Thing Alone 8

Faithless 10

Brought Up To Believe (new) 9

Freewill 8

Marathon 10

Subdivisions 9

Tom Sawyer 7

Red Barchetta 9

YYZ 8

Limelight 8

The Camera Eye 10

Witch Hunt 10

Vital Signs 9

Caravan (new) 10

Drum Solo 7

Acoustic Guitar Solo 10

Closer To The Heart 7

Overture/Temples of Syrinx 8

Far Cry 9

La Villa Strangiato 10

Working Man 7

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 29 2010, 07:01 PM)
OK, here is my level of psychedness from 1 to 10 with 10 be very pumped.

Great time killer. (Just about 1.5 hours to go.)

I'll say:

The Spirit of Radio 8

Time Stand Still 10

Stick It Out 7

Presto 10

Workin' Them Angels 8

Leave That Thing Alone 9

Faithless 10

Brought Up To Believe 10

Freewill 8

Marathon 10

Subdivisions 8

Tom Sawyer 8

Red Barchetta 8

YYZ 8

Limelight 8

The Camera Eye 10

Witch Hunt 10

Vital Signs 10

Caravan 10

Drum Solo 8

Acoustic Guitar Solo 8

Closer To The Heart 10

Overture/Temples of Syrinx 10

Far Cry 8

La Villa Strangiato 10

Working Man 9

I'm really looking forward to some of the staples they skipped last time: CTTH, 2112, LVS.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 29 2010, 06:30 PM)
Well I'm stayin up tonight to hear the official list, only to make sure Jacob's Ladder is in it. If it is...ultimate pants-creaming setlist!
If not...well, its still a good set and I got a couple weeks to get over the major disappointment so I can actually enjoy the show for what it is. That's really the only reason I'm looking. I don't want to think this whole time "yeah i cant wait for JL" then come the Toronto show and "what? NO JACOBS LADDER?! f**k!!" then be pissed off that I drove 10 hours away from home just to have my hopes and dreams crushed within 3 hours.

I'm actually one of those people that aren't affected by the whole Jacob's Ladder ordeal... if it's there, great! If not, then here's hoping they lengthen La Villa! tongue.gif

Seriously, I love JL, but as a studio track only. I can't see it working that well live, or being groundbreaking. Matter of fact, casual Rush fans who will be in attendance that night will probably use this song as a beer/pee break, because it's longer and less radio-oriented.

That's probably how the band saw it in the end, which is why it seems to be dropped.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 29 2010, 06:30 PM)
Well I'm stayin up tonight to hear the official list, only to make sure Jacob's Ladder is in it. If it is...ultimate pants-creaming setlist!
If not...well, its still a good set and I got a couple weeks to get over the major disappointment so I can actually enjoy the show for what it is. That's really the only reason I'm looking. I don't want to think this whole time "yeah i cant wait for JL" then come the Toronto show and "what? NO JACOBS LADDER?! f**k!!" then be pissed off that I drove 10 hours away from home just to have my hopes and dreams crushed within 3 hours.

I'm actually one of those people that aren't affected by the whole Jacob's Ladder ordeal... if it's there, great! If not, then here's hoping they lengthen La Villa! tongue.gif

Seriously, I love JL, but as a studio track only. I can't see it working that well live, or being groundbreaking. Matter of fact, casual Rush fans who will be in attendance that night will probably use this song as a beer/pee break, because it's longer and less radio-oriented.

That's probably how the band saw it in the end, which is why it seems to be dropped.

i'll go along with that but what about the rest of the set? for me personally it's a 4 out of 10 and even fighting back some yawning. 10% of me wants to go to this show.

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (massimiliano @ Jun 29 2010, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Jun 29 2010, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (Anesthetize @ Jun 29 2010, 05:56 PM)
This is the correct setlist taken from 94 Rocks website in Albuquerque.

1. The Spirit of Radio
2. Time Stand Still
3. Stick It Out
4. Presto
5. Workin' Them Angels
6. Leave That Thing Alone
7. Faithless
8. Brought Up To Believe (new)
9. Freewill
10. Marathon
11. Subdivisions

intermission

12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan (new)
20. Drum Solo
21. Acoustic Guitar Solo
22. Closer To The Heart
23. Overture/Temples of Syrinx

encore:
24. Far Cry
25. La Villa Strangiato
26. Working Man

Im still facepalming at that first set http://forums.grandbell.net/Smileys/default/Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Against the stream.

Great setlist apart from Faithless and Stick it out.

I would have include Bravado and Roll the Bones instead.

Happy there's not JL

Congratulations! I think you have hit upon the only setlist that would cause more pissing and moaning than the current one.

What does he win, Johnny?

QUOTE (Bx3 @ Jun 29 2010, 12:30 PM)
It's not selfish, he is stating how HE feels. I'm 3 years older (50)and I feel the exact same way. Saw them first in 1975 with Kiss. If I am listening to Rush I USUALLY go for something from Hemispheres back. if my wife wants to hear Rush it is usually PW, MP, or Signals.

If that concert pedigree is true, then you should be bitching that they STILL aren't playing "Take A Friend" and "Making Memories" after all these years of waiting. Otherwise, I'm afraid you just won't fit in around here.....

Peace,

Ron

No Jacobs Ladder is a bit disappointing but other than that I love the set. Just hoping for two things.

They better do the jam at the end of Closer to the Heart and Grand Finale on 2112. Otherwise that's quite a lackluster way to end the main set.

Edited by theworkingman

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Bx3 @ Jun 29 2010, 12:30 PM)
It's not selfish, he is stating how HE feels. I'm 3 years older (50)and I feel the exact same way. Saw them first in 1975 with Kiss. If I am listening to Rush I USUALLY go for something from Hemispheres back. if my wife wants to hear Rush it is usually PW, MP, or Signals.

If that concert pedigree is true, then you should be bitching that they STILL aren't playing "Take A Friend" and "Making Memories" after all these years of waiting. Otherwise, I'm afraid you just won't fit in around here.....

Peace,

Ron

I'd bitch, but I think the only chance of EVER hearing Making Memories is if I was to join the band. I'm a newbie compared to most of you all. I saw them 4/75, 12/76, 1/78, 4/80, 5/2008, and I'll see them 9/2010. Best one was '78, damn that was a great time.

The way I see it is EVERYONE has their opinion on what they think should be there, I knew the chance of seeing MY set list was zero. I'm happy they are touring. In a few years we'll be seeing Kiss put on the same show they have since I saw them in '75 WISHING Rush would come back and play ANYTHING.