Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

ok I misunderstood, I didn't realize this was actually overheard from a rehearsal in Albuquerque. So maybe it IS legit, in which case... UGH. I'm still holding out for tomorrow night though... this isn't official. After all this is the same source that said Rush was playing at the Olympics tongue.gif

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people ripping on this setlist its awesome, i mean sure they skip FBN, CoS, GUP, RTB, T4E, VP, but come on La Villa, TCE, Working Man thats a good set

I like it. I like it a lot. I'll probably get bitched at and put down over it, but I don't care. I like it.

No Jacob's Ladder... fine. Whatever. You're getting ALL OF MOVING PICTURES. But yeah, the show's gonna suck because they're playing Faithless. Right.

I could care less about hearing La Villa and Working Man, I've already got like 3+ live albums with those songs. BUT with a band like Rush, it is expected that they'd play a lot of "greatest hits" to please the casual fans.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 04:59 PM)
So can we all agree that set two and the encore are pretty excellent?

The main gripe seems to be with:
Presto
Stick It Out
Leave That Thing Alone
Workin' Them Angels
Faithless

I"m surprised at the dislike of Faithless. I was bummed they didn't play it last tour so am happy to see it this time. I think it's perhaps the best song on the album and Alex can really scorch his solo in it.

Stick it out? Okay, it's early in the show and all but there were better choices on that album, alot of them.

Same with Presto though it is getting alot of love which surprises me. It's early in the show and whatever, not a fav but it's okay.

LTTAlone is fine as well as Working them Angels.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jun 28 2010, 05:49 PM)

Presto
Stick It Out
Leave That Thing Alone
Workin' Them Angels
Faithless

I"m surprised at the dislike of Faithless. I was bummed they didn't play it last tour so am happy to see it this time. I think it's perhaps the best song on the album and Alex can really scorch his solo in it.

Stick it out? Okay, it's early in the show and all but there were better choices on that album, alot of them.

Same with Presto though it is getting alot of love which surprises me. It's early in the show and whatever, not a fav but it's okay.

LTTAlone is fine as well as Working them Angels.

Faithless is my least favorite song on S&A, not just because of the redundant lyrical content but because it just isn't a very good song. I'm sure it's only in the set to back up the whole BU2B religion-bashing theme that seems to represent the band in the 21st century.

I'd be curious to know the ages of those who think the set list sucks compared to those who love the set list.

I for one LOVE what they have except for maybe 2112/Temples and TSOR (just overplayed to me since '97), but I still love the songs in concert.

I also love the mixture of new and old. Seems pretty balanced to me.

As always. It will be a KICK ASS Rush show no matter what they play!

I am 31.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 05:01 PM)
I may sell my ticket...ugh.

facepalm.gif

need a ticket upgrade fanboi?

No thanks, I've got great seats for LV and WA. smile.gif

Seriously, would you sell your ticket over 4-5 songs? Or do you hate the whole setlist?

Edited by PariahDog

You people that are stoked about the set list probably haven't seen the band very many times.....these sets just are not drastically different from the songs they have been playing live over the past three or four tours. We were lead to believe they would really dig deep into the vaults on this tour. They must have been digging with a spoon. I've seen them live every tour since the 80's and I was really hoping for some shockers in the set list. Jacobs Ladder bare minimum.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:17 PM)

Presto
Stick It Out
Leave That Thing Alone
Workin' Them Angels
Faithless

You've nailed my gripes, down to a tee! (for me personally, anyway)

Actually, I've had a change of attitude when I keep reading the setlist over and over again. The more I read it, the more I'm getting used to it and conforming to it. From the get-go, I loved the encore, was "meh' with the second set, and just was just downright disappointed with the first set.

Now, I'm loving the entire second half, and like at least 70% of the first set. The only exceptions are the S&A songs and Presto, which I REALLY don't care to hear

But alas, I have learned to like and accept the setlist as a whole smile.gif 1022.gif

I remember thinking when Presto first came out that it was the only song on the album that I might end up liking. As it stands, I didn't end up liking any of them, but I think Presto has a chance to shine live, and with the more aggressive sound. I actually don't have a problem with any of the songs they chose from that era, just that there are 5 of them and nothing out of the ordinary from the earlier period.

I'm fine with one instrumental per show, and since we've got YYZ, I really don't need Leave That Thing Alone. I don't like Time Stand Still but I'll tolerate it here because of the context.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:02 PM)
You people that are stoked about the set list probably haven't seen the band very many times.....these sets just are not drastically different from the songs they have been playing live over the past three or four tours. We were lead to believe they would really dig deep into the vaults on this tour. They must have been digging with a spoon. I've seen them live every tour since the 80's and I was really hoping for some shockers in the set list. Jacobs Ladder bare minimum.

Aaargh!

So you want them to scrap la Villa, Spirit, Freewill, Subdivisions, and Working Man and maybe throw in Fountain of Lamneth, Fly by Night, Jacob's Ladder, The Necromancer, etc etc? Is THAT what you thought they meant by Time Machine tour?

Yeah, that setlist would really please the casual fan!

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:55 PM)
What the f@#& are you people smoking you a complained about S&A and now the Time Machine come on its Rush they play what they want

Agreed... I have no problem with the set list except a small bit toward Faithless. That said the boys will probably play it better live.

Kansas City in 3 days Snitches!!

2.gif

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 06:07 PM)
I think Presto has a chance to shine live, and with the more aggressive sound.

I was thinking the same thing. Presto could sound great with a slightly heavier treatment like they used on Digital Man and Ghost of a Chance last time out. And I think Faithless could sound HUGE live.

SIO and LTTA are the ones I'm least thrilled by, but at least it's something different and not Dreamline, RTB, Between the Wheels, etc.

Edited by PariahDog

Time Stand Still into Presto! Both of these songs are in my top ten! Marathon will be great to hear again. A great live song! The Counterparts choices are good but I really would love to hear Everyday Glory live. I really don't care what they play to tell the truth. I'll just be glad to be there having some great father-daughter time seeing the band we both love.

I echo the sentiment of many here, I wouldn't have a problem with this setlist if "Jacob's Ladder" was included.

I'm over my initial disappointment with this supposed setlist. I have to experience the performance before passing judgment. Who am I to not trust Rush? They've done a pretty good job with this stuff in the past. I just get bummed when certain songs THAT I WANT TO HEAR are left off. "A Farewell to Kings" would be sweet. I'm surprised they didn't include "The Pass", since they seem to love that one.

Anywho, I can't wait for the show!

Oh yeah, they're potentially playing "Marathon"!!! Oh,yeah! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And, I could do with out "Closer to the Heart". Great song. Done to absolute death, IMO.

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 28 2010, 06:16 PM)
I echo the sentiment of many here, I wouldn't have a problem with this setlist if "Jacob's Ladder" was included.

I'm glad I haven't been reading the setlist spoilers, until today. cool.gif I wasn't expecting JL, so I won't be all that dissapointed if they don't play it.

Plus, I love JL but am still not sure how it would work live. It would also take up a large chunk of setlist time.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 28 2010, 06:16 PM)

I'm glad I haven't been reading the setlist spoilers, until today. cool.gif I wasn't expecting JL, so I won't be all that dissapointed if they don't play it.

Plus, I love JL but am still not sure how it would work live. It would also take up a large chunk of setlist time.

They would probably edit and rearrange it. It doesn't have to be 8 minutes long. There's a good chance they just couldn't make it "work", though. Like with the S&A Tour, I think it would make a killer ending to the first set.

This is not it.