Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 28 2010, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Jun 28 2010, 07:18 PM)
I thought that we were going to really get a "vault" setlist this time around based on the information and rumors that were floating around along with the tour name. I thought this was the "B" Sides Tour. Mostly old and rare stuff - This is what I was led to believe

Yeah? That's what you were led to believe, huh? By WHO, exactly? It wasn't the band... it wasn't the band's management... so what the hell are you basing your disappointment on? Internet rumors? You must be new to the internet if you believe a fraction of what you read online.

I like this setlist, but I will not believe it to be real until the reports come in from the show tomorrow night. Until then, it's just another internet rumor.

I think you need to calm down with the attitude there little fella.

I'm pretty sure we have all been thinking the same thing since last year when Alex first mentioned a b-sides tour and the "news" started to flow. Almost all of us thought that this was going to be a some kind of a special tour to thank the fans who like me have been with them since the 70's. Take a poll of everyone here and see who believed up until recently that this was a special once in a lifetime tour? I bet those who are honest will confirm this

Rumors started surfacing from "others in the know" about a short tour before recording commenced on a new record. Everything was proven correct. Even Alex mentioning JL in an interview seemed to press it.

So excuse me for not liking a lot of recent output by the band and not being 100% happy with the set list.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jacob's Ladder really is missing it is quite puzzling to me. It has got to be one of the easier songs vocally for Geddy. Vocals are low register compared to other Rush stuff. If they think it's too long at least they could trim it down a little. I think a lot of people bought tickets thinking this song was a definite in the set list. I know I did. It's the song I've been wanting the most for the last decade. If they don't play it I wish Alex would have never spoke up about it.

QUOTE (anchorman @ Jun 28 2010, 03:01 PM)
That set list is awful. Where's Jacob's Ladder ?

I'm be surprised if that is accurate........for the most part VERY disapointing......

For me it's really simple...I have seen every tour starting with Signals for the exception of the Power Windows Tour.

I only need to see a few more songs live and my Rush tour life will be complete.

My favorite Rush song is Jacobs Ladder. If they indeed omit this again even after Alex flat out said they are bringing it back for this tour is just a major letdown....I mean major.

I am very excited to see Presto, Time Stand Still, Faithless and Marathon. TCE is also going to be a major treat. But I am not one of those long time hard cores who has been pining for TCE...I have been pining for Jacobs Ladder which is by all accounts at least to my ears a quisesential classic epic frrom Rush.

I expected a more EPIC setlist for the Time Machine Tour.

It really is only JL I am big time upset about and they are playing Stick it Out which is a very weak Rush song...I mean really man..that is just bullshit that tune.....plug in

The Analog Kid

Red Sector A

Even friggin Dreamline or another standard like The Trees or Force 10...anything but that hunk of shit.

Other than that is is a good set list and I am sure it will all sound great...plus we are getting the 2 new tunes, La Villa, 2112....which always rocks.

It's good...it's setting in that it's going to be a great show.....but please...I hope they are holding back Jacobs Ladder till tomorrow night!

I have one more day of hope.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 28 2010, 08:19 PM)
For me it's really simple...I have seen every tour starting with Signals for the exception of the Power Windows Tour.

I only need to see a few more songs live and my Rush tour life will be complete.

My favorite Rush song is Jacobs Ladder. If they indeed omit this again even after Alex flat out said they are bringing it back for this tour is just a major letdown....I mean major.

I am very excited to see Presto, Time Stand Still, Faithless and Marathon. TCE is also going to be a major treat. But I am not one of those long time hard cores who has been pining for TCE...I have been pining for Jacobs Ladder which is but all accounts at least to my ears a quisesential classic epic frrom Rush.

I expected a more EPIC setlist for the Time Machine Tour.

It really is only JL I am big time upset about and they are playing Stick it Out which is a very weak Rush song...I mean really man..that is just bullshit that tune.....plug in

The Analog Kid
Red Sector A

Even friggin Dreamline or another standard like The Trees or Force 10...anything but that hunk of shit.

Other than that is is a good set list and I am sure it will all sound great...plus we are getting the 2 new tunes, La Villa, 2112....which always rocks.

It's good...it's setting in that it's going to be a great show.....but please...I hope they are holding back Jacobs Ladder till tomorrow night!

I have one more day of hope.

Agree totally. See my above post. Plus on paper Jacobs Ladder should be one of the easiest to sing. Almost like a break for Geds voice. I thought it was a no brainer for the band to play it this time:(

QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Jun 28 2010, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 28 2010, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Jun 28 2010, 07:18 PM)
I thought that we were going to really get a "vault" setlist this time around based on the information and rumors that were floating around along with the tour name. I thought this was the "B" Sides Tour. Mostly old and rare stuff - This is what I was led to believe

Yeah? That's what you were led to believe, huh? By WHO, exactly? It wasn't the band... it wasn't the band's management... so what the hell are you basing your disappointment on? Internet rumors? You must be new to the internet if you believe a fraction of what you read online.

I like this setlist, but I will not believe it to be real until the reports come in from the show tomorrow night. Until then, it's just another internet rumor.

I think you need to calm down with the attitude there little fella.

I'm pretty sure we have all been thinking the same thing since last year when Alex first mentioned a b-sides tour and the "news" started to flow. Almost all of us thought that this was going to be a some kind of a special tour to thank the fans who like me have been with them since the 70's. Take a poll of everyone here and see who believed up until recently that this was a special once in a lifetime tour? I bet those who are honest will confirm this

Rumors started surfacing from "others in the know" about a short tour before recording commenced on a new record. Everything was proven correct. Even Alex mentioning JL in an interview seemed to press it.

So excuse me for not liking a lot of recent output by the band and not being 100% happy with the set list.

"little fella". Cute.

Don't get up in my face because you put your stock in internet rumors. There was never any real news about this tour or the songs that would be on it, even counting Alex's comment about Jacob's Ladder - but as I've said elsewhere, if you're pissed off at that yet you can't wrap your head around the fact that you're getting ALL of Moving Pictures...

Of the 26 songs listed, 14 of them - more than half - cover the period up to 1982. Of the remaining 12, two are the new ones off Clockwork Angels - can't fault them for that. So, ten of the 26 are tracks post-1982. Oh wait, 2 of those are solos for Alex & Neil.

Just 8 of the 26 tracks listed are post-1982, and even considering *that*, another three of them are from the 80's, more than 20 years ago and certainly qualifying as "old".

5 tracks out of 26 that were recorded for Counterparts or later. But yeah, it's all new stuff. God, it's gonna SUCK. rofl3.gif

I think everyone is just over excited and a little on edge... it's the day before the start of the tour, and we're all anxious to see how they're going to blow us away. Nothing is official yet... but we should know the truth in a little over 24 hours.

What I don't get is why they are calling this the 'Time Machine' tour.

On the S&A tour they played 6 songs that either have never been played or haven't been played in a long while:

- Mission

- Entre Nous

- Circumstances

- Bangkok

- Digital Man

- Witch Hunt

This tour we are only getting 4:

- Presto

- Marathon

- Time Stand Still

- The Camera Eye

And aside from The Camera Eye, none of them are as old or as "coveted" some of the songs they brought out for the S&A tour. I really don't get it. I don't see this 'Time Machine'.

Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:16 PM)
If Jacob's Ladder really is missing it is quite puzzling to me. It has got to be one of the easier songs vocally for Geddy. Vocals are low register compared to other Rush stuff. If they think it's too long at least they could trim it down a little. I think a lot of people bought tickets thinking this song was a definite in the set list. I know I did. It's the song I've been wanting the most for the last decade. If they don't play it I wish Alex would have never spoke up about it.

it's really hard to understand their thinking if this is what they going with.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:25 PM)

On the S&A tour they played 6 songs that either have never been played or haven't been played in a long while:
- Mission
- Entre Nous
- Circumstances
- Bangkok
- Digital Man
- Witch Hunt

- Presto
- Marathon
- Time Stand Still
- The Camera Eye

And aside from The Camera Eye, none of them are as old or as "coveted" some of the songs they brought out for the S&A tour. I really don't get it. I don't see this 'Time Machine'.

Amen brother.

Hmm...is it possible they knew it would leak and intentionally played a few songs they wont be playing tomorrow just to throw us off? tongue.gif

If everyone wants Jacob's Ladder that bad, then get rid of Camera Eye. You want a long track like JL, then get rid of another long track in CE. CE is a pretty dull song, especially in a concert setting. I don't see why people are going gaga over it...it's more of a pure studio album track that doesn't tranlate well to being live. But I'm glad to put up with some tracks I'm not exactly fond of, so live with it.

Really people, if you hate the set list that bad, sell your tickets. Or if you really have the stones, turn your back and give them the finger during the tracks you don't like.

It's going to be amusing to watch 15000 grumpy middle aged guys with their arms folded at a Rush concert. angry.gif

People get resistent to new ideas BECAUSE THEY BECOME GRUMPY OLD MEN.old.gif That's coming from a 47 year old. tongue.gif

- Mission
- Entre Nous
- Circumstances
- Bangkok
- Digital Man
- Witch Hunt

- Presto
- Marathon
- Time Stand Still
- The Camera Eye

Look closer. As I said a few minutes ago:

Just 8 of the 26 tracks listed are post-1982, and even considering *that*, another three of them are from the 80's, more than 20 years ago and certainly qualifying as "old".

5 tracks out of 26 were recorded for Counterparts or later.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 28 2010, 08:31 PM)
they are really ramming home the message with bu2b and faithless.
drop faithless please.

that's what I said a few pages back and was scolded for it tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 28 2010, 08:30 PM)

- Mission
- Entre Nous
- Circumstances
- Bangkok
- Digital Man
- Witch Hunt

- Presto
- Marathon
- Time Stand Still
- The Camera Eye

Maybe so......but most of the old songs you speak of have been played to death......very few coveted or rarities here.....SnA tour had more is our point.

With all my complaining in this thread let me just add I'm psyched to hear those 2 new tracks. Love those songs and think they will be better live songs than the SnA material. Can't wait for the whole record. Bring back even more keys!!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 28 2010, 08:30 PM)

- Mission
- Entre Nous
- Circumstances
- Bangkok
- Digital Man
- Witch Hunt

- Presto
- Marathon
- Time Stand Still
- The Camera Eye

Maybe so......but most of the old songs you speak of have been played to death......very few coveted or rarities here.....SnA tour had more is our point.

but add in Caravan and BU2B and we are back to 6.