Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 12:14 AM)
6. Workin' Them Angels
7. Faithless (never played live)
8. BU2B (new song - never played live)

That's going to suck....

I really hope this isn't the real setlist, as everyone else is saying; it could be way better.

no it won't. it will give me plenty of time to run to the john, pick up a beer and something to eat before heading back. tongue.gif

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 28 2010, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 01:14 AM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

I really hope this isn't the real setlist, as everyone else is saying; it could be way better.

Suck? Nah!

"Workin' Them Angels" is a great song and "BU2B" is excellent. And "Faithless" is pretty good. Personally, I would replace "Faithless" with something else.

I like faithless and a part of BU2B. I don't like the idea of the atheism they're going to be pouring over the crowd when they play those 3 in a row wacko.gif

..As I've said many times, I'm not very religious at all, but it bugs me when Atheists preach too.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 01:32 AM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

"Workin' Them Angels" is a great song and "BU2B" is excellent. And "Faithless" is pretty good. Personally, I would replace "Faithless" with something else.

I like faithless and a part of BU2B. I don't like the idea of the atheism they're going to be pouring over the crowd when they play those 3 in a row wacko.gif

..As I've said many times, I'm not very religious at all, but it bugs me when Atheists preach too.

"Workin' Them Angels" is not about atheism.

Well, in the past, we've learned that RIAB isn't the most reliable Rush source wink.gif

Alex saying there's going to be JL in the setlist, and then when the setlist is released by RIAB there's no JL... Hmm..

But maybe Alex saying JL was going to be played was from an unreliable source as well, I wouldn't really know because the only Rush websites I visit are RUSH.com and TRF.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 28 2010, 10:58 PM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

but it still sucks tongue.gif

do you just want to correct me or do you agree? Faithless + BU2B = Overkill.

Edited by Kenneth

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 12:59 AM)

It's two songs out of 26 listed - 3 if you go Angels > Faithless > BU2B. I don't think it's overkill. Neil's been writing anti-organized religion stuff for over 35 years, how is this surprising to anyone by this point?

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 01:59 AM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

I like Rush. They are good. I think they will put on a good show tomorrow. I think Scott Stapp's band should open for them. He is very religious and stuff. Neil might not like him though. Because Neil thinks differently than Scott does. I think Scott really sucks though. Neil doesn't. Neil is awesome. f**k Scott Stapp and his band. Maybe Scott shouldn't open for Rush. It would cause kontrowversee. Which would be not very good. Because Neil should be allowed to..........

Are we seriously going to religion again? I thought this was about a setlist? Seriously! I don't want to read this shit. I want to talk about Jacob's Ladder and stuff.

Rolling around in fly paper and then f***ing a bag of Doritos would be more enjoyable than this schlock.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Jun 28 2010, 11:19 PM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

I like Rush. They are good. I think they will put on a good show tomorrow. I think Scott Stapp's band should open for them. He is very religious and stuff. Neil might not like him though. Because Neil thinks differently than Scott does. I think Scott really sucks though. Neil doesn't. Neil is awesome. f**k Scott Stapp and his band. Maybe Scott shouldn't open for Rush. It would cause kontrowversee. Which would be not very good. Because Neil should be allowed to..........

Are we seriously going to religion again? I thought this was about a setlist? Seriously! I don't want to read this shit. I want to talk about Jacob's Ladder and stuff.

Rolling around in fly paper and then f***ing a bag of Doritos would be more enjoyable than this schlock.

I guess the reason why this time the anti-religion is getting to me is because my dad will be there with me, and he's religious.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 29 2010, 01:17 AM)

It's two songs out of 26 listed - 3 if you go Angels > Faithless > BU2B. I don't think it's overkill. Neil's been writing anti-organized religion stuff for over 35 years, how is this surprising to anyone by this point?

he has? how come I never noticed it until S&A

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 02:25 AM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

I guess the reason why this time the anti-religion is getting to me is because my dad will be there with me, and he's religious.

Understood. I think he'll be able to handle it though. It's not that deep. You two should just concentrate on enjoying the show. I only dream of being able to see Rush with my father.

Talk to trenken. He'll know what to do.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 11:32 PM)

In the 90's, ghost of a chance..

Anything else earlier was really obscure in and hidden in the lyrics, but people still like to use that information just to say: "this is old news, get over it!" anyways...

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Jun 28 2010, 11:34 PM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

Understood. I think he'll be able to handle it though. It's not that deep. You two should just concentrate on enjoying the show. I only dream of being able to see Rush with my father.

Yeah, you're right, It's unnecessary for me to be this concerned. I'm sure he won't even care much. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 02:35 AM)

Anything else earlier was really obscure in and hidden in the lyrics, but people still like to use that information just to say: "this is old news, get over it!" anyways...

Are you guys really wanting to have a pissing contest over how you interpret Neil's lyrics? If so....exchange numbers and talk about it over the phone. This shit really isnt all that interesting to others. Unless you want to throw a sheep, candle wax, and fisting into the mix. Then I'm on board! You have to include some hard drugs in there too. That would make great reality TV on VH-1 or something. Until then, I grow weary. This is Rock and Roll right? Am I wrong?

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 02:42 AM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Jun 28 2010, 11:34 PM)
6. Workin' Them Angels

That's going to suck....

Suck? Nah!

Yeah, you're right, It's unnecessary for me to be this concerned. I'm sure he won't even care much. trink39.gif

Exactly right. Now you're getting it! Don't get all bent out of shape over something that's supposed to be one of those great moments in life. trink39.gif It's not worth it.

If this is indeed the setlist, it's not that bad. However, on the other hand it's not that good either, because the first set has several songs in a row that are just Meh. IMO, all they need to do to make this setlist GREAT is to replace a couple of songs in the first set. Playing only one song from AFTK just sux. Especially when that song is CTTH and is basically a pop tune. I like the song but I would much rather hear Cygnus, Xanadu, or FTK. Then there's only 1 tune from Hemispheres. Add The Trees. If they just added one more tune from AFTK and one more tune from Hemispheres this setlist would be phenomenal.

for the first night they should open with the MP song and leave everything else until after. everyone waiting in anticipation!!! lol but if they do that they should definitely not follow up with the new stuff. such a downer. maybe do both at the beginning to get it out of the way.

2 new songs

MP

jacob's ladder

everything else

smile.gif

lol

I wish they would play some really old stuff, Best I Can, Lamneth, Necromancer, Something For Nothing or Twilight Zone, AFTK title track, maybe all of hemispheres, if they did 2112 they could do that. Throw in Jacobs Ladder, and Camera Eye, and youve got one hell of a setlist there.

I think the fans would really react well to that stuff at the shows. Instead its just another pretty safe rush setlist.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (sdaly @ Jun 28 2010, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 28 2010, 02:53 PM)
the time machine is malfunctioning!!!!  tongue.gif

heh, yeah...the time machine is apparently only capable of FOUR stops prior to 1980, and ALL of these have been played on the last 2 or 3 tours:

Closer To The Heart

La Villa

Working Man

Me thinks they might have set the bar for expectations a bit high naming

the tour "The Time Machine"...?

eh.gif

Skip:

You know your "Rush creds" are always A-1 in my book, but CTTH hasn't been played on U.S soil since 1996. And 14 years is too darn long for that song to me......

For what it's worth, I think this will be a mighty fine concert.

Peace,

Ron

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 01:35 AM)

To a certain extent, I would say Freewill is another example.

QUOTE (sdaly @ Jun 28 2010, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 28 2010, 02:53 PM)
the time machine is malfunctioning!!!!  tongue.gif

heh, yeah...the time machine is apparently only capable of FOUR stops prior to 1980, and ALL of these have been played on the last 2 or 3 tours:

Closer To The Heart

La Villa

Working Man

Me thinks they might have set the bar for expectations a bit high naming

the tour "The Time Machine"...?

eh.gif

this happened on the last tour also. keep throwing around revamped setlist, time to retire songs, etc....and hype it up as much as possible.

it's all about putting as many people in the seats as possible.

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 29 2010, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 01:35 AM)

To a certain extent, I would say Freewill is another example.

Yep Freewill belongs in there. He's brought this subject up in many songs before S&A. The Big Wheel, RTB, Ghost of a Chance, Prime Mover, among many others.

Its his most covered topic, thats why people feel its getting very old now.