Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 04:56 PM)
I've heard Working Man and Lavilla far too many times.

La Villa and Working Man are not the problems with this set.

There are about half a dozen Rush songs I never get tired of. These are two of them.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 03:58 PM)

I don't see where the Time Machine theme fits into this at all.

Not a single surprise or OMG moment in this set. Really? The last 3 tours were more Time Machine oriented if you ask me

Like I said, if they hadn't announced that they were playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety or talked about Camera Eye (Which everyone seems to be forgetting) and this set list came up you would all be wetting yourselves right now.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 28 2010, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 28 2010, 07:58 PM)
I will never get tired of Working Man. Ever.

Yes. All because of Alex, baby, Alex!

He just keeps going and going like he doesn't want the show to end.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:45 PM)
lol like I said, that seems to be the band's new theme. They might as well have called this the "Anti-Christ Tour" and had Neil put 666 all over his drumkit.

Uh, there's a big difference between atheism and Satanism. confused13.gif

Neil's lyrics go beyond atheism, to an utter disgust and hate towards religious people.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 04:56 PM)
I've heard Working Man and Lavilla far too many times.

La Villa and Working Man are not the problems with this set.

Just sayin......there is a lot of early material to pick from that they haven't played to death. And I agree with what was posted earlier.....the SnA Tour was more of a Time Machine than this set list.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 28 2010, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 03:58 PM)

I don't see where the Time Machine theme fits into this at all.

Not a single surprise or OMG moment in this set. Really? The last 3 tours were more Time Machine oriented if you ask me

Like I said, if they hadn't announced that they were playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety or talked about Camera Eye (Which everyone seems to be forgetting) and this set list came up you would all be wetting yourselves right now.

Well,in that case The Camera Eye would be the only real surprise...other than that,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by oldphilly

Now I have to read the setlist tomorrow night. I need to know that this is hopefully not the full monty.

Is it a good set list...yeah it's good I will love it all when I am at thr show juiced up and ready to rock....but Jacobs Ladder was so key for me this tour.

Stick it Out? Come on guys I mean really...it is one of the weakest tracks on CP...seriously...bust out Cut to the Chase...or Alien Shore...do you really think anyone even remotly remembers this was the first single of CP? The song is weak.

No Grace Under Pressure stuff? Awful. No Analog Kid...come on man.

I really hope this is not it.....what Time Machine?

I am one who never really whines...but their last 3 tours have been steller...I mean really steller set lists...this will be a major letdown for me if this is it.

30 year fan here.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 28 2010, 06:41 PM)
Spirit of Radio into Time Stand Still is going to be great.

Don't get me wrong it has its moments......but too many momentum killer moments as well......3 "religion" songs in a row????

lol like I said, that seems to be the band's new theme. They might as well have called this the "Anti-Christ Tour" and had Neil put 666 all over his drumkit.

That's hugely offensive. You basically just called atheists Satanists.

Not cool.

f**k Jacobs Ladder, I demand Dog Years! cool10.gif tongue.gif

To see the reaction to the absence of Jacobs Ladder is a little surprising to me. Has JL become the new camera eye?

The second set alone is worth price of admission IMO. Everything after Vapor Trails is gravy/bonus material on top of an already great career. Sometimes I forget that this great ride could of ended long ago.

Most groups of Rush's age would give you an opening act. I know I would rather hear one of my least favorite Rush songs than an opener act, so it all works out in the long run..... 2.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:09 PM)

Don't get me wrong it has its moments......but too many momentum killer moments as well......3 "religion" songs in a row????

Not cool.

no, I called Neil one.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:12 PM)

Not cool.

no, I called Neil one.

And because Neil doesn't believe in God, he's a Satanist.

I see. Much less offensive.

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:13 PM)

Not cool.

no, I called Neil one.

And because Neil doesn't believe in God, he's a Satanist.

I see. Much less offensive.

sarcasm.gif

It was a joke. And listen to some of these songs, he hates people who believe in God.

Not cool.

no, I called Neil one.

this is irrelevant to the subject at hand and it would be appreciated if you would let it end at that or take it to SOCN.

it would suck if you managed to get this thread closed down.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 28 2010, 07:05 PM)
Now I have to read the setlist tomorrow night. I need to know that this is hopefully not the full monty.

Is it a good set list...yeah it's good I will love it all when I am at thr show juiced up and ready to rock....but Jacobs Ladder was so key for me this tour.

Stick it Out? Come on guys I mean really...it is one of the weakest tracks on CP...seriously...bust out Cut to the Chase...or Alien Shore...do you really think anyone even remotly remembers this was the first single of CP? The song is weak.

No Grace Under Pressure stuff? Awful. No Analog Kid...come on man.

I really hope this is not it.....what Time Machine?

I am one who never really whines...but their last 3 tours have been steller...I mean really steller set lists...this will be a major letdown for me if this is it.

30 year fan here.

They must be Fargin kidding me! What are thinking with the first set. I sure hope it is a big mistake because I'm feeling a major letdown right now. JMHo

I truly believe that this is the setlist that we will see and hear. Basically it's because

most of us are dissatisfied and just like the last few tours, we keep maintaining disbelief over the setlist when it leaks and insisting that there must be songs missing.

But the reality of it, is that Rush just isn't that band to go out on a limb.

I thought that we were going to really get a "vault" setlist this time around based on the information and rumors that were floating around along with the tour name. I thought this was the "B" Sides Tour. Mostly old and rare stuff - This is what I was led to believe

I'm excited about TCE, Presto, Marathon, 2 new songs, Vital Signs, Witch Hunt, but for the most part, it's all pretty blah to me. Like I've seen most of this stuff a hundred times before. I thought MalNar was confirmed by Neil and JL by Alex. I guess they were vetoed.

I was really pumped for Jacob's Ladder and I really thought that they would break out the old stuff that I grew up on like Cinderella Man, AFTK, Something for Nothing, Bastille Day, Fly By Night, Prelude. I know that Geddy can't his those notes the same as he once did, but I'm okay with however he wanted to sing those tracks. I thought one of the never before played songs would be Vapor Trail. I don't want to hear Working Man yet again. The encore is pretty odd to me. Starting with La Villa, but then again, they used to close shows with La Villa back in the 70's and very early 80's.

Can Score Out or FOH Lights or The Sphere confirm or deny any of this? They seemed to be the ones who knew more than most.

The 1st set just seems to lag and not carry the huge punch. The flow is off. This is far worse than the S&A tour which I also thought kind of lagged especially in the 2nd set with the 5 straight S&A songs.

It's only missing a couple really big tracks to put it over the top. I guess this really goes to show IMO that Rush really doesn't care much about their older recordings.

I always thought Alex was the one who always wanted to break out the rare stuff and was always vetoed by Geddy and Neil. I know Alex fought tooth and nail to get By-Tor back on the set list.

In the interest of keeping this thread from getting locked, I'm sorry I even replied to him. I just felt offended someone would say something like that.

On topic: I'm wildly excited for this setlist, if it's true. Presto, Time Stand Still, Marathon, La Villa.... I think it's a pretty damn good setlist but this is only my second Rush show ever.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 28 2010, 07:10 PM)
Most groups of Rush's age would give you an opening act. I know I would rather hear one of my least favorite Rush songs than an opener act, so it all works out in the long run.....  2.gif

Excellent point! I just saw a classic metal band (name ommitted for spoilers) who is touring with an opening act AND only playing material from just their last two or three albums. The crowd seemed to be somewhat okay with it, though restless, but went crazy when they finally played THREE classic tunes in the encore.

Can you imagine the apocalyptic meltdowns here on TRF if Rush ever had the gall to play just ONE set consisting of only their NEWER material. rage.gif ph34r.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:20 PM)
In the interest of keeping this thread from getting locked, I'm sorry I even replied to him. I just felt offended someone would say something like that.

On topic: I'm wildly excited for this setlist, if it's true. Presto, Time Stand Still, Marathon, La Villa.... I think it's a pretty damn good setlist but this is only my second Rush show ever.

right, but it's perfectly fine for Neil to publicly offend billions of people across the globe who believe in God eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:20 PM)

YOU should not be the one apologizing, IMO.

Yeah, I'm a tad bit disappointed if this ends up being the actual setlist. But, there are great songs included. Rush would have to really not care to come up with a bad setlist. There are too many great songs to chose from and this thread is proof of that. Like I mentioned earlier, I'll hold off final judgment until I hear them perform this setlist. I've never been disappointed with how Rush paces their concerts. I'll give them the benefit of doubt and reserve my final judgment.

But damn, no "Jacob's Ladder", no "A Farewell to Kings", no "The Analog Kid", no "Driven", no "In the End", and on and on an on...