What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Today is our 34th wedding anniversary. I am pretty damn proud of that to be honest. We have two wonderful children to show for it. Anyone who has been in a long, very long term relationship would understand the trials and tribulations that come along with that and understand the difficulty at times that can arise. To make it through and still be best friends is something to be proud in my view and I absolutely am... :cheers: to us :dweez:

Good going, Narps :cheers:

My parents celebrated their 35th a few weeks back. It's always great when two people can last like that. I'm happy for you both :)

• Like 2

Today is our 34th wedding anniversary. I am pretty damn proud of that to be honest. We have two wonderful children to show for it. Anyone who has been in a long, very long term relationship would understand the trials and tribulations that come along with that and understand the difficulty at times that can arise. To make it through and still be best friends is something to be proud in my view and I absolutely am... :cheers: to us :dweez:

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Narps! And here's to another 34 years!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks we actually talked about that very thing this morning. Lord willing and the creek don't rise it will happen. We will only be 88... :sigh: :codger: Why isn't there an old lady emoticon? Sexism most likely :LOL:
  • Like 1

Good going, Narps :cheers:

My parents celebrated their 35th a few weeks back. It's always great when two people can last like that. I'm happy for you both :)

Thanks brother. You should be quite proud of your parents and the example they have set for you. My folks will make 60 years here in a couple years. Love and respect them dearly... :)
  • Like 1

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Narpadoodledoo!

• Like 1

My dad let me do a little bit of driving practice today, and I didn't kill anyone! :D
  • Like 1

Quite a few things actually. But this goes for the weekend:

Attended a concert with my quite small family and a friend of the family. It went great except for some quite large people who did everything they could to stand in the way, much to everyone's dismay. But that didn't take away from an awesome experience, and a memory I'll cherish in the future :). Bought myself a new Rush record (AFTK) and the Man Of Steel soundtrack on vinyl. My contract at work has been renewed two months and a certain young lady has taken interest in me.

So life's good. :)

• Like 2

My dad let me do a little bit of driving practice today, and I didn't kill anyone! :D

Do they still teach driving lessons in school?

Yes. Do they?... :codger:

No, I wish!

75 degrees and sunny here in New Jersey.

Worked outside all day...

...mowed the lawn, worked in the garden, etc.

(all while listening to Dire Straits)

Just so thankful for the opportunity and the physical ability to do so.

Congratulations brother! Well said!

Congratulations brother! Well said!

Thanks friend. Digg'in the avatar btw... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Ice cream, on the pier/beach with my honey. :wub:

Flavor?...

Orange Pineapple for me, Triple Chocolate Brownie for him. :D

Fantastic afternoon. :wub:

• Like 2

Giving two friends for their birthday some glassware for the enjoying fine whiskey neat, they loved the glasses. I smiled.
  • Like 1

Celebrating my oldest son's 10th birthday. He's not perfect, but he's polite, tries to be considerate of others, and has a knack for making my blues go away. I relish the fact that he thinks I'm cool at this point in his life, that he wants to spend time with me doing things Dad's and sons do together.

Before bed tonight he asked "Dad, can we pray?" In such a moment, I was moved to tears knowing that my son wants me to be a part of his spiritual life. He spoke of gratefulness for such a fun weekend, for his little brother, mommy and daddy. If I could save time in a bottle...

• Like 8

Celebrating my oldest son's 10th birthday. He's not perfect, but he's polite, tries to be considerate of others, and has a knack for making my blues go away. I relish the fact that he thinks I'm cool at this point in his life, that he wants to spend time with me doing things Dad's and sons do together.

Before bed tonight he asked "Dad, can we pray?" In such a moment, I was moved to tears knowing that my son wants me to be a part of his spiritual life. He spoke of gratefulness for such a fun weekend, for his little brother, mommy and daddy. If I could save time in a bottle...

^^^^ Beautiful about covers it... :)
  • Like 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uR96vc2Y3I

It certainly does my friend. Taking each day, and treasuring it. Thank God for video
  • Like 1

It certainly does my friend. Taking each day, and treasuring it. Thank God for video

To be honest I was commenting on your incredible thoughts and words. I obviously know that song well but your words and post are beautiful... :cheers:
  • Like 1

What a cool moment. It is sometimes hard to pass spirituality on to children. You and your wife sound like you are great parents! :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 2