What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I cut down part of a tree without hurting myself. Much. Just a scratch, really. Hardly any blood loss. And a wood chip flew into my eye, but the irritation has subsided quite a bit. All good.

Gotta wear those safety glasses. :cool:

• Like 1

Well, it was just for a few brief moments , but I got to see my man! He's been gone for a week (work trip/vacation combo). It was so nice to be wrapped in his arms again.

If you don't mind me asking, is this the gym guy?

This guy?

727a12aa7dd382da6dcc30be457ca545.jpg

Errr, a few years (okay, decades!) older! Also minus the cheesy gold chain, giant ear stud, and sagging pants!

• Like 1

Well, it was just for a few brief moments , but I got to see my man! He's been gone for a week (work trip/vacation combo). It was so nice to be wrapped in his arms again.

This guy?

Errr, a few years (okay, decades!) older! Also minus the cheesy gold chain, giant ear stud, and sagging pants!

It's cool Mara. Justin Bieber is considered an attractive young man...go for it. He cleans up real nice

This guy?

It's cool Mara. Justin Bieber is considered an attractive young man...go for it. He cleans up real nice

I don't get the "cougar" thing (I mean, way to make me feel old, okay)? Even if I did, the Beebs wouldn't be on my radar. Ever!

• Like 1

This guy?

I don't get the "cougar" thing (I mean, way to make me feel old, okay)? Even if I did, the Beebs wouldn't be on my radar. Ever!

Me and 99.9% of the forum dudes get it---it's awesome!

The very one. It's been a bit of a roller-coastery thing for us both - he's been separated since end of December, I more recently so, and we've had some stumbles in the communications department, primarily since we're both way out of practice on the dating thing. Taking it very slowly, though; I admittedly have been somewhat "squirrelly" at times but he has been nothing but patient and sweet.

Edited to add: the separation with my husband is a separate issue. It was going to happen sooner or later given his refusal to address certain problems in the marriage. I didn't separate in order to see gym guy.

Well cool, I'm glad things are working out for you :)

Just had a productive conversation with my troubled 18-year old nephew, who has been living with us for a few months. I think we actually communicated...... :o
  • Like 3

It was yesterday... but I finally got the toilet in the basement working again.

I pulled it off to put down new flooring... discovered the flange was busted. Took the flange completely off, only to realize the new one doesn't fit in the hole. I used my dremel concrete blade to score the concrete, and a chisel to knock enough out so the new flange would fit. Got it all in, got the toilet on.... tested it, and... a leak. This time from the seal between the tank and the bowl. I guess the few weeks it sat idle while doing the flooring took its toll on the integrity of the rubber gaskets. Took the tank off, replaced all the inner workings, put it back on... ALL GOOD!!!

• Like 1

I pulled it off to put down new flooring... discovered the flange was busted. Took the flange completely off, only to realize the new one doesn't fit in the hole. I used my dremel concrete blade to score the concrete, and a chisel to knock enough out so the new flange would fit. Got it all in, got the toilet on.... tested it, and... a leak. This time from the seal between the tank and the bowl. I guess the few weeks it sat idle while doing the flooring took its toll on the integrity of the rubber gaskets. Took the tank off, replaced all the inner workings, put it back on... ALL GOOD!!!

Nice job!! :ebert:

• Like 1

Thanks, I hate plumbing. It's never as straightforward as you'd hope :)

• Like 1

Thanks, I hate plumbing. It's never as straightforward as you'd hope :)

Yeah,

I have friends to help me with that and electricity issues. A man has to know his limitations. :D

Another beautiful day working on our garden with my wife.

and, to top it off, she bought me an old school push mower.

I can't remember a time I had that much fun mowing the lawn.

http://cdn1.viewpoints.com/pro-product-photos/000/021/813/300/1309296507-30245_full.jpg

• Like 1

I just got paid.

(It's the little things in life that matter the most.....) ;)

• Like 2

I've lost 15 pounds in the last 2-3 weeks......thanks to a better diet and a more strenuous job at work. Drinking all those new V-8 veggie-fruit juices and eating more veggies have put me back into the jeans and dockers that once mocked me without mercy.....:LOL:
  • Like 6

I've lost 15 pounds in the last 2-3 weeks......thanks to a better diet and a more strenuous job at work. Drinking all those new V-8 veggie-fruit juices and eating more veggies have put me back into the jeans and dockers that once mocked me without mercy..... :LOL:

:LOL: Good one.

Last night our bartender threw a going away party for all the international students and bought a cake for us :drool:

Many gins were had.

College was so much fun. Depaul University was the best possible place to go to school. It was like having the entire city as your campus :)

I will be seeing Rush again in Philly! A friend who I haven't seen in YEARS has an extra ticket. I checked flights, they were super cheap, so I am BOOKED and STOKED!
  • Like 9