What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

On The Lighted Stage and then the Time Machine Tour on VH1 Classic channel tonight! I get to tell my family, "Look, no other channels are available!" I watched enough Harry Potter this weekend, it's OK!
  • Like 4

I will be seeing Rush again in Philly! A friend who I haven't seen in YEARS has an extra ticket. I checked flights, they were super cheap, so I am BOOKED and STOKED!

Congrats! I know you'll have a great time Mara!

Kinda good, kinda bad....I never got to see my sort-of significant other this weekend because his caseload is absolutely crazy unbelievable at the moment. He is his law firm - sole practitioner. I'm learning how to deal with it - we text and call a lot.

When we first met at the gym and started getting to know each other, he'd always bring an extra protein shake for me. It's become something of a ritual now. Long story short - he worked all weekend, but snuck by the gym on his way home from the office this afternoon and left a protein shake on my windshield! Little things, but so very sweet.

• Like 4

left a protein shake on my windshield

I hope it didn't take too long to clean up.

:P

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 3

Lol, I texted him when I found it: "Someone has vandalized my car! And apparently they are trying to woo me with protein! I want to press charges! Dammit, why is there never a lawyer around when you need one!"

He's done it before. Just a little way he lets me know I'm in his thoughts.

• Like 2

WHOA! :LOL: Did not expect that comment from someone so mild-mannered.

Good one! That was truly funny.

And is a good segue to my story which made my day awkward in a funny way. So, I hear two squirrels fighting in front of the back door and I go over to shoo them away, breaking up the fight. Well, they weren't, "fighting" but rather, "wrestling" in an intimate squirrel way. All three of us simultaneously locked eyes in a painfully awkward moment. Looking forward to many baby squirrels now.

• Like 3

:o

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about the implications of 'protein shake' until I just read your post. :P Oops. :blush:

'Wrestling, in an intimate squirrel way' is a good one as well. Made me chuckle.

• Like 1

Well, they weren't, "fighting" but rather, "wrestling" in an intimate squirrel way. All three of us simultaneously locked eyes in a painfully awkward moment. Looking forward to many baby squirrels now.

:laughing guy:

:o

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about the implications of 'protein shake' until I just read your post. :P Oops. :blush:

'Wrestling, in an intimate squirrel way' is a good one as well. Made me chuckle.

One evening we spent quite a bit of time sitting in my car post-gym, just kissing for about a half-hour or so. He'd given me a chocolate shake earlier; he had vanilla, and had already opened it and set it on the dashboard. Well, the cap wasn't quite sealed and it leaked all down the dash and onto the floor. We did get most of it wiped up once discovered (thank god for the rubber flooring in the Honda Element!), but the next day I noticed a few leftover drips down the dash. So I texted him: "There are streaks of dried white sticky protein down my dashboard from last night."

I am 47. He is 61. We act like we're 12.

• Like 1

That's how you know things are good between you :D

Yeah, I think so too.

I was just going to say, "hey, there's nothing wrong with that." ;)

That's how you know things are good between you :D

Yeah, I think so too.

I was just going to say, "hey, there's nothing wrong with that." ;)

It is awesome to be with someone who shares my twisted, juvenile sense of humor. :D Someone who will ALSO giggle when we go out to eat and see "fish tacos" on the menu.

• Like 2

Teaching my son about Archimedes by exploring mass, force and leverage. Best first day of summer vacation ever! :dweez:

:D

• Like 3

Teaching my son about Archimedes by exploring mass, force and leverage. Best first day of summer vacation ever! :dweez:

A golf lesson?... :)
  • Like 2

A golf lesson?... :)

That's the next step!

Wife: You and the lad golfing again, dear?"

Me: "But honey, we're studying science...!"

• Like 2

My wife just brought me a bowl of vanilla ice cream topped with homemade rhubarb sauce and sliced strawberries. :heart:
  • Like 2

Listening to Moving Pictures very loudly during break time today.

http://www.jd-photography.net/pics/IMG_2062b.JPG

Hey, I had MP playing while I was working today! Headphones, of course. Need them to keep from being pestered by annoying office mate. (Not the one you met - she and I share an office with one other person who never shuts up).

Listening to Moving Pictures very loudly during break time today.

http://www.jd-photography.net/pics/IMG_2062b.JPG

Hey, I had MP playing while I was working today! Headphones, of course. Need them to keep from being pestered by annoying office mate. (Not the one you met - she and I share an office with one other person who never shuts up).

Great minds think alike! That's a nice thing about a home office. No one else to bother! I actually took an extended break today and listened to 2 albums. The other was Kansas Leftoverture. I love that record!

Edited by Mr. JD