What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1 Freak'in 79 made my day!!! I have now lost approximately 45 pounds in about seven months and built some muscle on my old freak'in age body to boot. My lowest weight by 3 pounds to date. 6' 179 lbs. I like the sound of that. It will only continue to get better!! :dweez: :cheers: a round for the house!!!!!!!

Congrats, Congrats! I've lost 17 lbs since October. I am finally back down to the weight I was when I got pregnant (that was 22 years ago), and am really trying harder than I ever have. Now to make it through the Christmas season without blowing it. Every Christmas in the past I pack it on, BUT NOT THIS YEAR!!!

2 weeks ago today the holiday socializing/eating began for me. I indulged but reduced my intake. Also, I kept going to the gym and ate lots of fruit/veggies on days where there weren't parties. Weighed myself this morning and am only up 2 pounds. This is major victory for me. In past years, I was up at least 10 pounds and discouraged come Jan. 1.

• Like 3

My son made my day. We went to the gym this morning. On the way home we came to a light at a busy intersection. It was obvious that whomever was at the front of the line waiting at the red light was broken down. The cars in front of us were all going around that car. My son was driving when we got near to the broken down van. A lady got out of the passenger side and was beginning to attempt to push the van out of traffic to a safer location. My son didn't appear to even think about it. He put our car in park, instructed me to get in the drivers seat and jumped out and proceeded to push the now 2 ladies van to a safe place. He jumped back in our car before the light turned green. Maybe my wife and I did something right along the way...... :huh: :)
  • Like 4

THE Mykel Hawke himself accepted my request to join my LinkedIn network! What a guy, so cool.

George Strombo is following me on Twitter now. I don't know why. LOL

The deputy premier of Alberta was following my other account last year before I deleted that one.

1 Freak'in 79 made my day!!! I have now lost approximately 45 pounds in about seven months and built some muscle on my old freak'in age body to boot. My lowest weight by 3 pounds to date. 6' 179 lbs. I like the sound of that. It will only continue to get better!! :dweez: :cheers: a round for the house!!!!!!!

Congrats, Congrats! I've lost 17 lbs since October. I am finally back down to the weight I was when I got pregnant (that was 22 years ago), and am really trying harder than I ever have. Now to make it through the Christmas season without blowing it. Every Christmas in the past I pack it on, BUT NOT THIS YEAR!!!

2 weeks ago today the holiday socializing/eating began for me. I indulged but reduced my intake. Also, I kept going to the gym and ate lots of fruit/veggies on days where there weren't parties. Weighed myself this morning and am only up 2 pounds. This is major victory for me. In past years, I was up at least 10 pounds and discouraged come Jan. 1.

I hear you. You have to balance out the holiday goodies. Don't get me wrong, I love all the food and the food on top of food and the get-together that revolve around that food but... I'm definitely ready to get back to my regular eating habits.

For the first time in just over a month, I have the house to myself again.

I'll be over in just a bit.

Oh yeah and I'm all in my comfy clothes and no makeup or anything. Super hot! Minnesota is just around the corner, right? HA!

Plus, I'm getting hungry for a snack. Can you make me something because I am working on these butt grooves in the couch. Pop a DVD in for me too?

Edited by Janie

For the first time in just over a month, I have the house to myself again.

I'll be over in just a bit.

Oh yeah and I'm all in my comfy clothes and no makeup or anything. Super hot! Minnesota is just around the corner, right? HA!

Bad news. I took one step out into the Minnesota cold and froze in place. :(

Neither my legendary strength nor my legendary libido can overcome these minus-120 degree temperatures.

My son, on his own accord, made a giant "We miss you" card for his 2nd grade teacher...who's out having a tumor removed. He has a great heart and he teaches me something about what it means to be a caring human every day. So proud of him.
  • Like 4

My son, on his own accord, made a giant "We miss you" card for his 2nd grade teacher...who's out having a tumor removed. He has a great heart and he teaches me something about what it means to be a caring human every day. So proud of him.

:chills: :cheers:
  • Like 1

Plus, I'm getting hungry for a snack. Can you make me something because I am working on these butt grooves in the couch. Pop a DVD in for me too?

Next time, I'll capture one of the woolly mammoths that are roaming around here, saddle him up, and bring that snack right to you. :madra:

Next time, I'll capture one of the woolly mammoths that are roaming around here, saddle him up, and bring that snack right to you. :madra:

Just try to keep that mammoth hair out of my snack. If ever you need a light meal to tide you over, I can always hitch a ride on a salmon.

Just try to keep that mammoth hair out of my snack. If ever you need a light meal to tide you over, I can always hitch a ride on a salmon.

The beast will have hell to pay if he sheds on the delicacy I'm delivering.

Got an update on my IRA in the mail. It's earned 20% in less than a year....:)
  • Like 1

Reviewing the early Renaissance with my daughter for her Humanities class. Fascinating period of history.

Filippo Brunelleschi......the Western World would not exist without this man. :ebert: