What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My tax returns are DONE. H&R Block's online service is easy AND cheap..... :ebert:
  • Like 2

I am filled with joy today. Just because.

Hubby gets his W2's this Tuesday. Once taxes are done we will be able to put a big chunk of it into savings, and use some towards our mini road trip this May.

Speaking of hubby, Jeff has taken to meditation and he is a completely different person. I don't recognize him! He hasn't so much as frowned in over a week. Last night he told me "You were right- meditation and not sweating the small stuff. WOW." even his co workers have told me he never gets mad at work anymore.

He also barely smokes anymore. :)

My daughter is an awesome little chick, I love her! Makes me smile every day :)

Her temper has been better lately, and she has been falling asleep earlier. One day at a time lol

• Like 1

Just livin' ;)

Saved a runaway dog today. Was out walking in the snow along a road with lots of heavy traffic. I look to the other side of the road, and see this little dog running on the sidewalk. My first reaction was to get a little mad because I thought someone was walking it without a leash. But no one's there. It was about to turn down a small road, but instead turns the other way and crosses the street! There is a lot of trucks there on a snowy road, so it would only be a matter of time before it would get run over in rush hour traffic.

I manage to call it to me and pick up. I try to figure out where it could have come from and find a house where a young family helps me with calling the police. They agreed to keep it the rest of the day in case someone nearby called the dog missing. Got a text message an hour later that the dog was safe at home again.

Makes me feel good that the family helped and that someone got their dog back :-)

• Like 1

My brilliant son fixed my lap top!!!! It's freak'in working again!!!! :dweez:

He changed your name from Narpet to Narpzilla in the process? BTW, what was wrong with the laptop, if you care to share?

I changed the name. Some of the regulars in chat started calling me that and I liked it. My laptop wouldn't recognize the internet existed best I could tell. My son spent about an hour with it and now its good as new and faster too.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Ok, I have to share this because I'm such a proud mom.

I don't ever reveal too, too much online but some of you do know that my oldest was diagnosed with Autism when he was four. He's high-functioning and does very well but he was in the special needs class at school. Well, two weeks ago they moved him into a general education classroom because he has progressed so much. I was a little apprehensive but he is doing great! He's handling the work load just fine (which was a HUGE difference from the special needs classroom). I was worried about how the kids would treat him. He's making friends left and right, he already has a best friend and they cannot be separated, kids come running up to him after school to say goodbye, the girls are going crazy for him (the other day, I watched him walk into his class line before school started and two girls couldn't stop hugging him - he had the hugest smile on his face). The other day this little girl was telling me how smart he was (his math and reading skills are way above his grade level).

I'm so proud of my little man.

• Like 6

I don't ever reveal too, too much online but some of you do know that my oldest was diagnosed with Autism when he was four. He's high-functioning and does very well but he was in the special needs class at school. Well, two weeks ago they moved him into a general education classroom because he has progressed so much. I was a little apprehensive but he is doing great! He's handling the work load just fine (which was a HUGE difference from the special needs classroom). I was worried about how the kids would treat him. He's making friends left and right, he already has a best friend and they cannot be separated, kids come running up to him after school to say goodbye, the girls are going crazy for him (the other day, I watched him walk into his class line before school started and two girls couldn't stop hugging him - he had the hugest smile on his face). The other day this little girl was telling me how smart he was (his math and reading skills are way above his grade level).

You deserve to be! That sounds really great :)

• Like 2

Sitting with a pot of coffee listening to the recording of a jam my band played yesterday. My bass player played a simple but good melody, and I suggested he played it with arpeggios instead just for fun. Turns out it sounds friggin' awesome.

:haz: :Neil: :Alex: :geddy:

• Like 1

My 14 year old niece, who is, like, totally too old to show affection of any kind now, took me to the side and told me "I may be older, but you will ALWAYS be my Monkeybutt."

:D :D

Monkeybutt is the nickname she gave me when she was 8 lmao

Gave me chills..... :) :rose: Beautiful story
  • Like 1

Dinner tonight. I am pretty careful about what I eat and how much. Tonight I had pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips. Also potatoes fried with ham and egg. Awesomeness!!! Yummo :) Screw it!!! Just this once

Children are so much wiser than grown-ups..... :)

• Like 1