What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Opening ceremonies start in 10 minutes! Very cool.

(Quoting myself here...)

The opening ceremonies were SO COOL! Amazing. The floor imagery was incredible!! Definitely worth staying up until almost midnight. I'm wicked tired but that was awesome.

MInnesota tax refund arrived today.... :D, Federal refund due on Monday.... :D, Wisconsin refund....well, they're working on it..... :oops:

All three refunds have arrived! I just LOVE direct deposit..... :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

Finally found my watch. :)

Where was it?

Probably the last place he left it..... :)

It's never the first place you leave it. It's always gotta be the last place...... :P

I left it on top of the cabinet in the bathroom :eyeroll:

You sure someone didn't move it there? :codger: :rage:

Where was it?

It's never the first place you leave it. It's always gotta be the last place...... :P

Probably a lady friend... :fury:

Where was it?

Or a ghost. :scared:

Or a lady ghost! :o

Where was it?

If it was then I know where I'd move her :fury:

• Like 1

Those precious first sips of coffee. Awww... wonderful, beautiful caffeine.

Kids are coming over this afternoon to play with my kids. Making chocolate chip cookies later this morning. Nothing like filling up other people kids on sugar!

• Like 1

Got a very special guitar home. Made the same date as I was born only a year before, and was bought by my dad after he gave up smoking and saved up for it. My earliest memory of a guitar is this one, and it has followed me all through my life. I learned to play guitar on it, and I have seen my dad countless times playing the blues on it.

Now it's home and will soon get to hang on the wall to inspire me. I want to look at it and be reminded of what started it all ... :rose:

• Like 2

Got a very special guitar home. Made the same date as I was born only a year before, and was bought by my dad after he gave up smoking and saved up for it. My earliest memory of a guitar is this one, and it has followed me all through my life. I learned to play guitar on it, and I have seen my dad countless times playing the blues on it.

Now it's home and will soon get to hang on the wall to inspire me. I want to look at it and be reminded of what started it all ... :rose:

Very cool!
  • Like 1

I have constant, it seems, sinus issues. Infections seemingly all the time making me feel blah most of the time. I went to my family doctor again on Friday and he started me on a week long steroid pack and a 3 week antibiotic treatment. I have done this before and it seemed to help for a while. I can feel it already doing something and its only be 2 days.... :) Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 1

Got 2 new Rush shirts I ordered in the mail today. They were on sale. An orange plain one and the grey polo with the number 12 on the back. I ordered the polo one tight and even my wife says with my body now that it looks right.... :)

Edit: will be a hardcore Rush fan one day

Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 2

When I arrived home from work today, I found out my son had cleaned the house. He did a great job too!

Awesome! I'll PM you my address because I am getting really tired of cleaning this place. Especially the play room. Spent five hours cleaning it the other day. The kids went in and five minutes later you would not have known I had spent the better part of a day picking toys up.
  • Like 2

When I arrived home from work today, I found out my son had cleaned the house. He did a great job too!

Awesome! I'll PM you my address because I am getting really tired of cleaning this place. Especially the play room. Spent five hours cleaning it the other day. The kids went in and five minutes later you would not have known I had spent the better part of a day picking toys up.

When my son was growing up and spread toys all over the place, we sang the cleanup song (from Barney) and made a game of putting the house back in order. Getting him involved in cleaning up his mess when he was small has paid dividends because he's neat now and he is a big help with the housework.

I had a really great morning today. Just...I don't know, it was just great. I spent a little time on the forum, and then I put on Hemispheres while I made breakfast (singing at the top of my lungs to Cygnus Book II :) )...the kids were very agreeable and did everything they needed to before I got them out the door for school- and let me tell you, that's always a gamble in the early morning hours...it was just a great morning. It was just...easy, and a lot of fun. It was a lot smoother than the normal weekday morning.
  • Like 2

I had a really great morning today. Just...I don't know, it was just great. I spent a little time on the forum, and then I put on Hemispheres while I made breakfast (singing at the top of my lungs to Cygnus Book II :) )...the kids were very agreeable and did everything they needed to before I got them out the door for school- and let me tell you, that's always a gamble in the early morning hours...it was just a great morning. It was just...easy, and a lot of fun. It was a lot smoother than the normal weekday morning.

Everything goes better with a little Hemispheres.... :dweez:
  • Like 2

Everything goes better with a little Hemispheres.... :dweez:

I've decided, after having listened to Rush since about 1980, that Hemispheres is quite possibly my favorite Rush album. :)

• Like 1

I am at the gym and I see many of the same faces here each morning. A gentleman that I have seen here before just walked up to me out of nowhere and said my workouts and intensity inspire him.... :blush: Goosebumps moment
  • Like 3

I am at the gym and I see many of the same faces here each morning. A gentleman that I have seen here before just walked up to me out of nowhere and said my workouts and intensity inspire him.... :blush: Goosebumps moment

This. Is. Cool! Good job you. I know you've been working very hard at this exercise routine. You've come a long way and it's always nice when you inspire those around you. :clap:
  • Like 2

After many years of trying, I finally succeeded in convincing my mother to let go of her 25-year old, tobacco-stained, heavy picture tube television. :D

The 32" Samsung LED was installed tonight, and she is happy....and that makes me very happy. :7up: