What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Finished mastering all of the guitar parts in La Villa Strangiato that aren't solos. It doesn't sound like much but 3 months ago I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it, so I'm proud of myself.
  • Like 4

SEPHORA!

Me walking in.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/greetings.gif

Of course, this is me after buying only three products. Three amazing products!!!

http://www.thegrindstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crying-woman-with-empty-wallet.jpg

Janie, you should subscribe to Ipsy, Birchbox and Julep. They are about $10 bucks a month and have free shipping. You get regular sized samples of product that you would spent 4X that amount on!!!!

It's fun! I am falling in love with so many new kinds of products now and I normally woudln't ever step foot into a sephora or ulta if I had to....

SEPHORA!

Me walking in.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/greetings.gif

Of course, this is me after buying only three products. Three amazing products!!!

http://www.thegrindstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crying-woman-with-empty-wallet.jpg

Janie, you should subscribe to Ipsy, Birchbox and Julep. They are about $10 bucks a month and have free shipping. You get regular sized samples of product that you would spent 4X that amount on!!!!

It's fun! I am falling in love with so many new kinds of products now and I normally woudln't ever step foot into a sephora or ulta if I had to....

Ooh! I'll look into it. I love being girly and finding new makeup products and body butter creams and all things wonderful like that there and such. I'm almost embarrassed at the amount of eye shadow I own. I collect eye shadow like some women collect shoes.
  • Like 1

My younger brother, who's better at life than me when it comes to social skills, looks, physique, success, and probably even smarts, brought home his girl friend today! She's very cute and has a quirky sense of humor just like him. I wish them a good relationship! :)

Finished mastering all of the guitar parts in La Villa Strangiato that aren't solos. It doesn't sound like much but 3 months ago I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it, so I'm proud of myself.

I think that's wonderful. Musical talent, of which I possess none, always impresses me.

• Like 1

In case anyone here is wondering why I never post in this thread, it is because on exceedingly rare occasion does anything ever make my day.

Someone sent me Quadrophenia last week. That made my day. It was the first "made" day in eons.

But it's nice to read all of the good things that happen to many of you. A joy shared is doubled!

• Like 1

I just got a member title, courtesy of Tombstone. :LOL:

Congrats :cheers:

...Am I required to get the reference, ergo going to have to read more of the thread? :scared:

It reflects my fondness for combing the forest floor for morel mushrooms, something I have in common with TM.

I have no idea what many of the member titles here mean. Spaceman Spiff? I'm assuming that's a Calvin and Hobbes reference, but how did you get the moniker?

• Like 1

I just got a member title, courtesy of Tombstone. :LOL:

Congrats :cheers:

...Am I required to get the reference, ergo going to have to read more of the thread? :scared:

It reflects my fondness for combing the forest floor for morel mushrooms, something I have in common with TM.

I have no idea what many of the member titles here mean. Spaceman Spiff? I'm assuming that's a Calvin and Hobbes reference, but how did you get the moniker?

73 decided it for me. Definitely because I like C&H, maybe for more reasons maybe not. I used to have C&H in my sig or as my av at times. I'm on avatar 146 and signature 343 currently.

• Like 1

We just got our new laptop (which means I FINALLY have my own laptop for the first time ever!!) AND I just found out, I have a job interview at CVS this monday.

Cross your fingers por favor, a part time job would be so perfect to have. Perfect addition to our income. I'd love to work again!!!!

• Like 2

This will be a 'what made your weekend' for me:

This friday I went to see my little sister, her boyfriend and their 1 and a half year old daughter Alba. They live on a cozy little island just a mile from Jutland, which in the summer time gets flooded with mostly German tourists :). Lots of fresh air and beautiful nature which is perfect for a little toddler. My family is spread across 4 cities and only my older brother and mom lives in the same city. Naturally it means we don't always get to see each other as much as I would like to, and when we do it's usually us all at once.

This time I thought I would visit them alone so it wouldn't be so hectic. I've never been the one to draw attention in a crowd, so when it's only a few people I'm much more at ease and it's a welcome change of pace. The first day my niece had to get accustomed to me, but soon she would begin to share her food with me and bring me toys. We put on some music and we all started dancing like crazy, and before I knew it she was standing up at my legs reaching up to me. So every time there's music and I start to dance she wants me to carry her around while I dance :D. She has a way of completely melting my heart and re-evaluating the thought of having kids myself one day. So for 3 days now I've been dancing, playing and laughing with my niece :heart:

I have never met another person with such joy in her heart. I will do everything in my power to protect that! :)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2223/13042952483_315fd15840_c.jpg

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

No junk mail or notifications from Facebook in my inbox. I'm glad I quite that stupid website. Too many idiots on it.
  • Like 2

Had a great ski day with the Lad. He's been making real progress this year, and today we did some gnarly back-country bowl skiing. He handled it like a champ!
  • Like 1

Had a great ski day with the Lad. He's been making real progress this year, and today we did some gnarly back-country bowl skiing. He handled it like a champ!

I've always thought it looked so cool when people were skiing, and I just wish I wasn't so scared of speed. My brain just goes "why isn't the brakes working on these things" while I just gain more and more speed, whilst freezing more and more up ;)

• Like 3

My 21-year-old daughter is safe.

Instead of heading to Key West or some such for college break as normal college students do, she opted to fly to Istanbul, Turkey, for ten days. Alone. She developed this penchant for off-the-beaten-path travel from her parents, so I really can't squawk too loudly about this decision. She was having a grand time exploring the city, meeting travelers and locals alike, and chillin' in the hookah bars, when suddenly mass anti-government protests erupted less than 200m from where she's staying! She made a beeline for her youth hostel's basement where everybody was hiding, and she was holed up for several hours. She has international texting, so she was able to keep me up to date as events unfolded.

Needless to say, I felt sick to my stomach all day.

But now she reports that the immediate danger has passed and she has come above ground again. :heart:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/europe/turkey-boys-death/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

• Like 6