What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I removed and replaced an old toilet that was not working well and had rust or some other stains in the bowl that couldn't be cleaned (and I tried everything short of sandpaper). The new one is more water efficient but flushes better and the seat is a little higher than the other one so it's a little easier to sit on or stand from. The only issues were the flange where the bolts go in the floor were put in by some moron and are not in the slots where they could be easily replaced and the water shutoff valve has a very slow leak. Unfortunately it's right next to the wall so I'd have to cut a hole to be able to get to the pipe to replace it. I need to get some of this and see if it works.

icNgxusm.png

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 3:40 PM, BastillePark said:

I removed and replaced an old toilet that was not working well and had rust or some other stains in the bowl that couldn't be cleaned (and I tried everything short of sandpaper). The new one is more water efficient but flushes better and the seat is a little higher than the other one so it's a little easier to sit on or stand from. The only issues were the flange where the bolts go in the floor were put in by some moron and are not in the slots where they could be easily replaced and the water shutoff valve has a very slow leak. Unfortunately it's right next to the wall so I'd have to cut a hole to be able to get to the pipe to replace it. I need to get some of this and see if it works.

icNgxusm.png

Flex seal is awesome. 

A 5 minute business meeting made my day.

• Like 1

Got a refund check in the mail, thought it was going to be a headache to get it but they sent it out right away.  More Christmas money :thumbsup:

• Like 2

My day was made for 2 reasons. The first was when I read that the Pope guy announced that priests can now bless same sex couples in marriage, it's about time. The second part is because many far right people will be livid with his decision but since he supposedly has a direct line to the big man upstairs, he knows what he's doing. 

• Like 1

Some honesty and anti normalizing in the headlines for once.  I can’t watch The Ref for Xmas anymore because he just gets creepier each year.  Even Dennis Leary torturing him isn’t enough.

Can we just digitally face swap with a Christopher Plummer hologram so I can watch it again?

https://consequence.net/2023/12/kevin-spacey-tucker-carlson/

Did not expect my biggest actress crush of 19 years making a cameo on SNL last night especially since she has yet to host.  Come on, Lorne!  Eurovision and Game Night are proof of her comedic talents!  In the immortal words of Wayne Campbell, "God I love this woman." :wub:

"Natalie Partman!" :laugh:

Edited by invisible airwave

7 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Did not expect my biggest actress crush of 19 years making a cameo on SNL last night especially since she has yet to host.  Come on, Lorne!  Eurovision and Game Night are proof of her comedic talents!  In the immortal words of Wayne Campbell, "God I love this woman." :wub:

"Natalie Partman!" :laugh:

^^^ still watches SNL

:rofl1:

On 12/18/2023 at 10:31 PM, BastillePark said:

My day was made for 2 reasons. The first was when I read that the Pope guy announced that priests can now bless same sex couples in marriage, it's about time. The second part is because many far right people will be livid with his decision but since he supposedly has a direct line to the big man upstairs, he knows what he's doing. 

Same sex couples have been raising families forever.

Enjoying my new ride made my day today.

• Like 3

My boyfriend and I finally got our EBT card in the mail! No more surviving off of $40 of food a week!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Apollo was astonished said:

:facepalm:

I’m stumped. Can’t tell if you’re the type who has beef with government aid. 

My stubborn mother, 83 years old, finally agreed to go to the hospital.  :thumbsup:

Years of refusing, but my sister and I wore her down.  This most recent (serious) incident was the deal breaker.  We’re gonna settle all business this time!  

• Like 1

Jon Stewart returned to The Daily Show, and he spoke his mind.   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 1:37 AM, Principled Man said:

Jon Stewart returned to The Daily Show, and he spoke his mind.   :thumbsup:

I loved him taking the Trump-Biden age issue head on.  

I left two items at my local grocery store’s self-checkout last night.  

This morning, I went there and asked if anyone had reported the items.  
Sure enough, they did!  The service counter people keep records of left behind items.  

It’s the little things in Life…..:biggrin:

• Like 2

I generally travel abroad every two to three years, mostly to Europe.  My last trip was a three-week visit to Ireland. With COVID and such it's been nearly six years since that trip, and, having no intention to travel, I didn't pay attention to my passport renewal date and it expired.  So I had to renew.  Big Gov beaurocracy nightmare coming my way, right?

Two weeks ago I set up an appointment to do the paperwork in small town courthouse 20 minutes south of here.  No line, photo on site, pleasant conversation.  The cherry on top...my passport arrived today.  Two. Weeks.  :7up:

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 3:52 PM, Nova Carmina said:

My day was made yesterday because I became a grandfather for the first time!  A healthy baby girl, born 9:51 pm!

Great news! Congratulations, Nova! :cheer::heart::cake1: Have you already met the newborn? :wub:

• Like 1