the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

So I saw an Apple commercial today during the Giants / Cowboys game and 'shazamed' the background music for curiosity.

no no & no

Edited by custom55

Can't believe a band I wrote off and gave up on years ago just made one of the best albums of the decade so far. That new Weezer album is their best since Maladroit. Just got into their last few albums this week. Hurley is ok but Raditude is a dud especially with that Lil Wayne duet. Don't ever pull that shit again, Rivers.
  • Like 1

I posted in this thread a while back that for me an artists most acclaimed album is usually my least fav. I was thinking about that today....and just to follow up. I think i'm that way because critics and the public get my hopes and expectations so high for an album....... that the album turns out to be more often then not......not that outstanding for me.

just a few examples (Keep in mind i like these albums but because people and critics overhyped them....i was never blown away)

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Elton John-Goodbye yellowbrick Road

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Genesis-Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Dream Theater-Awake

And that's just some......My point.........STOP OVERHYPING THINGS!!!!!!!!!! lol. and this happens to me a lot. Your overhyping makes my brain go........"oh yea? wellllll let me be the judge of THAT!!!!! lol. And i'm always let down. so stop.

I hope this rant made some sense it was way better in my head.

Lol

Mick

• Like 1

I posted in this thread a while back that for me an artists most acclaimed album is usually my least fav. I was thinking about that today....and just to follow up. I think i'm that way because critics and the public get my hopes and expectations so high for an album....... that the album turns out to be more often then not......not that outstanding for me.

just a few examples (Keep in mind i like these albums but because people and critics overhyped them....i was never blown away)

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Dream Theater-Awake

And that's just some......My point.........STOP OVERHYPING THINGS!!!!!!!!!! lol. and this happens to me a lot. Your overhyping makes my brain go........"oh yea? wellllll let me be the judge of THAT!!!!! lol. And i'm always let down. so stop.

Lol

Mick

Pet Sounds can never be overhyped.

Never ever.

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Dream Theater-Awake

Lol

Mick

Never ever.

yes it can........many. times. over, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Dream Theater-Awake

Lol

Mick

Never ever.

Mick

Lies.

I need to see proof. Overhype it. NOW!!

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Dream Theater-Awake

Lol

Mick

Never ever.

Mick

Lies.

I need to see proof. Overhype it. NOW!!

My only proof is that i fell asleep to it......3 times, lol. all while trying to like this overblown artsy fartsy piece of crap.

Mick

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Dream Theater-Awake

Lol

Mick

I agree.. But here's how I look at it now, particularly made this notice with "OK Computer", an album which I dearly enjoy 5/12ths of! The rest is give or take :LOL:

...The reason why these albums are so highly related is because they're, while unique and good in their own rights, largely accessible to a wide audience! ...So don't expect a masterpiece molded for you, but ho in with the understanding that, "yeah, even my mom would enjoy this!"

Edited by Mr. IsNot
  • Like 1

Radiohead-OK Computer

Peter Gabriel-So

Beach Boys- Pet sounds

Dream Theater-Awake

Lol

Mick

I agree.. But here's how I look at it now, particularly made this notice with "OK Computer", an album which I dearly enjoy 5/12ths of! The rest is give or take :LOL:

...The reason why these albums are so highly related is because they're, while unique and good in their own rights, largely accessible to a wide audience! ...So don't expect a masterpiece molded for you, but ho in with the understanding that, "yeah, even my mom would enjoy this!"

oh i agree totally it's not like i dislike any album listed (save for Pet Sounds.....awful, lol) It's just that i let myself get swept up, lol. Every time.......but they're good records.

Mick

"Train in Vain" is, note for note, a perfect pop song.

I actually reserve that distinction for Eleanor Rigby.

(Wait a minute- no rhythm section, no guitar, no keys...perfect pop song, he said?)

:yes:

Perfect pop song is...

Knowing Me, Knowing You

• Like 1

Perfect pop song is...

Knowing Me, Knowing You

Who did that one?....

Perfect pop song is...

Knowing Me, Knowing You

Who did that one?....

ABBA

for when you just want to make random commentary on whatever music you're listening to/thinking about/whatever, but don't feel like it's threadworthy

The music I'm thinking about definitely isn't thread worthy. It's not even worthy to exist!!

I'm talking about pop music of course and basically everything in Spotify's top 100 except for a couple of exceptions.

For those that can't look it up here's a current list:

10369714_468299256666180_4853075290939439896_n.jpg?oh=54407479f9b65a3c3e0cab68f8457616&oe=551215C7&__gda__=1423929678_72ec3f9a8c9b1176a741a0f596dbce79

The thing that annoys me the most is this:

What people used to make music with:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs16/PRE/f/2007/224/c/3/guitar_drums_and_bass_by_neilakoga.jpg

Who used to make music:

http://whadawethink.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/rush3.jpg

And why they used to make music:

http://buzzcut.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/fun-1.gif

What music is made with now:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7017/6551565059_943b92c420_z.jpg

Who makes music now:

http://rampageproductions.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/computer-geek.gif

&

http://cdn03.cdn.thesuperficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/01/justin-bieber-shirtless-sagging-pants-0301-11-900x1200.jpg

And why they make music now:

http://presentvillage.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/greed.jpg

There. That is what annoys me most is that it's made by a bunch of talentless weirdos who dress in skimpy clothing and don't know a drum stick from a door knob.

:rantoff:

Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 2

for when you just want to make random commentary on whatever music you're listening to/thinking about/whatever, but don't feel like it's threadworthy

Who makes music now:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with making music artificially. There are some fantastic music that's been composed without any instruments. You can find something good anywhere in any genre if you look hard enough (cept maybe Dubstep or Juggalo rap).

Who makes music now:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with making music artificially. There are some fantastic music that's been composed without any instruments. You can find something good anywhere in any genre if you look hard enough (cept maybe Dubstep or Juggalo rap).

Submotion Orchestra combines trip hop, ambient and Dub Step perfectly.

Electronic music is a style that can be stunning. Depeche Mode, Massive Attack, Prodigy and recent Muse stand out for me as evidence that electronic music has value.