the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

After watching some concert vids......MAN Kansas was such a great live outfit.

Mick

• Like 1

Oh and i decided today.....though i love both.......that Monolith is a FAR better record then Point of Know Return. At least I enjoy it more. i played them back to back.

Mick

I find Monolith very underrated. I neither agree or disagree, as I would put Masque up there with LO-Mon without a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 1

Just saw Dream Theater's Wacken 2015 show. Holy shit, LaBrie was worse than useless. Just terrible. At times the whole thing sounded like a yelp competition between LaBrie and Petrucci's guitar. Glad that I gave up over 20 years ago.

It certainly isn't a great voice, but overall I can tolerate it on the studio recordings!

You have to see that show to believe it. There are passages in the show where you can't understand a single word he's screaming.

Anyway, only great thing was, they played Afterlife and Metropolis, but that voice...ugh, (puke smiley where are you?)

• Like 1

At the core there's no difference between sampling music and plagiarising it. You lack musical integrity and creativity either way.

Can a person make original art from torn up magazines?

Wife was not amused at slipknot show on friday....lol

Really? She didn't get a kick out of seeing nine band members on stage with only three of them actually doing anything of significance.

Corey Taylor works his ass off though. Stone Sour is much better than Slipknot I think.

• Like 1

Really? She didn't get a kick out of seeing nine band members on stage with only three of them actually doing anything of significance.

Corey Taylor works his ass off though. Stone Sour is much better than Slipknot I think.

Lol...

I saw Slipknot in their beginning... 1999 at Ozzfest on the second stage. i was right up front !!! Did not know what to make of it. The theatrics surpassed the music... Interesting but was never a fan...

the clown guy was creepy ...(SIC)

http://youtu.be/evL9qoHMgxA

Edited by custom55

I'm really very upset. All of these horrid remasters sound like the remastered VT - all the instruments are separated. Nothing flows. Everything seems to be playing in a separate compartment. They are horrible. There should be disclaimers on the cd packaging: Warning: This compact disc version of the album does not sound exactly the same.

What were you listening to when you started to get upset about this, right then?

The same day you posted this, I spent a good part of that morning listening to some vinyl of mine that hadn't been played in eons. Fleetwood Mac, Van Morrison, Steely Dan...and Rush.

At the moment I'm addicted to the debut from Jars Of Clay!

Great harmonies, melodies and interesting instrumentation. Catchy stuff. Love it.

• Like 1

One thing i thought was cool today.

When i ordered my gilmour tickets they said i would get the new release. Figured it would be a download. But today my email came and they are sending the actual disc! 2 actually, one for each ticket!

• Like 1