the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

What if the girls from Sex and the City did a metal album called The Good, The Bad and the Rest. with the subtitle: "The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don't know how to screw you"?

:martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini:

"The Sleepwalkers"

Van Der Graaf Generator

Wow.

It always blows me away...

That's one of my favorite VdGG songs.

Yeah agree it's a killer song with fantastic lyrics. I love their early stuff it's so out of this world and amazingly...weird. The band is always in my top 10. :cheers:

• Like 1

I have a mini rant.

this has been bothering me a lot lately but i hate when people assume that girls (especially younger/prettier girls) aren't "real" fans of the bands on their shirts if its a classic rock/metal band. there are girls out there who wear those shirts for fashion which is dumb, but not all of them. for example, I saw a Rush tribute band with my mom once and most of the people there were middle-aged dudes and a few middle-aged women. some people there were giving me funny looks and even pointing at me. it amazes me how judgmental people are. they're so quick to judge just because they assume that teenagers aren't really into classic rock.

/end rant

Edited by thegirlintherushshirt
  • Like 1

My wife is a college teacher and when the music portion of her humanities class came 'round, she asked the students (a mixture of males and females) what kind of music they wanted to use an example for discussion.

Mozart? Lady Gaga?

Nope. They wanted classic rock.

So my wife decided on having them watch Beyond the Lighted Stage.

I'll let you know how the discussion went shortly.

So, thegirlintherushshirt, this is one guy who's fully aware that teenagers can like classic rock. :)

I hate it when I discover a band that I insanely get into to only to find out they've split up. Isis is probably the band that I recently discovered that fits this trope quite well. I also sometimes wonder what would've happened to my music taste if I allowed myself to be more broader back when I was in middle/high school instead of focusing on one or two bands; like for example would it have been to the point where it is now much sooner or it would have panned out for many years anyway.

Really? I figured Rolling Stone would have nothing left after jizzing over Bruce Springsteen?!?! Jack White rocks.

I've never liked either of them. Though I would have figured Rolling Stone would have run out of cum. Then again they're able to still yank it to Bob Dylan quite a bit.

My wife is a college teacher and when the music portion of her humanities class came 'round, she asked the students (a mixture of males and females) what kind of music they wanted to use an example for discussion.

Mozart? Lady Gaga?

Nope. They wanted classic rock.

So my wife decided on having them watch Beyond the Lighted Stage.

I'll let you know how the discussion went shortly.

So, thegirlintherushshirt, this is one guy who's fully aware that teenagers can like classic rock. :)

The students loved the movie and the discussion.

Not surprising, right? \m/

• Like 1

Bruce Springsteen is awesome. Amazing. Will drive all you crazy explaining why and how.

But one thing remains: His new album sucks.

• Like 2

Bruce Springsteen is awesome. Amazing. Will drive all you crazy explaining why and how.

Don't get me wrong, I like the boss. But, a buddy of mine pointed out, every picture of him looks like he's constipated. I kinda agree

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I like the boss. But, a buddy of mine pointed out, every picture of him looks like he's constipated. I kinda agree

http://blog.ketchum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bruce-Springsteen.jpg

• Like 2

http://blog.ketchum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bruce-Springsteen.jpg

O my...I CANNOT UNSEE THIS!

I love the man...but yeah...hahaha!!