the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

How seriously good is Later...with Jools Holland. Two back to back epis just seen with The Beach Boys, PiL, Jackie DeShannon...(interviews as well)...best TV music show ever!

Great show. He gets some fabulous performers, and it's always such a wonderfully random collection.

Good for your music karma.

• Like 1

I just don't connect with album versions of Paul McCartney's solo stuff, yet Wings Over America is one of my favorite albums. Those songs are so much better when performed, rather than assembled.
  • Like 1

I just don't connect with album versions of Paul McCartney's solo stuff, yet Wings Over America is one of my favorite albums. Those songs are so much better when performed, rather than assembled.

Absolutely. He sounds often sterile in the studio but live, he's always...an icon.

~~~"And now I'm searching through these carousels and the carnival arcades

Searching everywhere from steeplechase to palisades

In any shooting gallery where promises are made

To rockaway rockaway

Rockaway rockaway from cullercoats and whitley bay out to rockaway"~~~

How I :heart: this era of Dire Straits. Fabulous.

Edited by Steevo

I have never listened to Anathema. But I think they are amazing. Without ever even listening to one song.

Am I a freak?

"6-14 business days" for my new Rammstein shirt to arrive in the mail. UGGHHHHHHH. -__- haha

I am REALLY starting to love Otep more and more. Plus, Otep Shemaya is incredibly sexy.

Wow, all this time and I've never heard Maiden's Sanctuary sung by Paul...until now.

The first two albums are absolutely KILLERS. I love the Di' Anno years.

• Like 1

Wow, all this time and I've never heard Maiden's Sanctuary sung by Paul...until now.

The first two albums are absolutely KILLERS. I love the Di' Anno years.

Ha. I see we synched on the debut yesterday. I've only had the non-US editions of vinyl and CD then finally got around to snagging a few reissues a little while ago. They look after their fans so well, probably the best I'd say. Maiden were the first metal act I got into seriously and their early material has hardly dated one bit (esp Killers). Bags of class.

Edited by Steevo

So I love Porcupine Tree. I was going through the most amazing time in my life as I listened to a few of their albums. Now, 5 years later, it's very painful to listen to them, but I do it when I want to relive things. It's wonderful and painful at the same time.

So I love Porcupine Tree. I was going through the most amazing time in my life as I listened to a few of their albums. Now, 5 years later, it's very painful to listen to them, but I do it when I want to relive things. It's wonderful and painful at the same time.

I kinda have a similar experience except I was going through rough times the year I became a fan. Now, whenever I listen to them I do reflect on that period of my life from time to time and think about how much happier I am now compared to back then.

I recently asked somebody what music they liked. The response I got was "I Like All Music". I then asked them what their "spread" was (two artists that you like equally who represent totally opposite ends of the musical spectrum). They said Taylor Swift and Drake :/

People think I'm crazy and I am definitely in the minority when I say: I believe about 90% of the time the remasters are not as good as the originals. They mess with the mix and it just messes it up. Sure it's louder but usually too compressed. Took me years to figure this out but I have seen the light.