the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

Every time I listen to Bloodbath's Eaten (especially the live versions with Mikael Akerfeldt on vocals), I always mishear the lyrics "Suck my guts and lick my heart"

I'll let your imaginations run wild as to what I thought the lyrics were...

talking with friends and I just wanna say- I hate The Who. I also hate Genesis.

I cannot stand Bruce Springsteen, Green Day or Pearl Jam.

That may be blasphemous, but man, I just wanna put it out there.

Rant over lmao.

Rant over lmao.

Feel better to get that off your chest?.... :huh:

You can hate whatever you like!

You can love anything

I am loving trip-hop. I also find myself enjoying mainstream pop/rock more than i used to, and I find my tastes in music are rapidly evolving that I am struggling to find any one single genre I don't like, or at least haven't liked in the past.

It's an exciting world, one where I just cannot be bothered to hate when there is so much to discover...

Although I really don't get the fuss about The Eagles...not at all...one of the few bands/artists around that are so...bland...I can't even form an opinion. That's all the hate I'm gonna give...

My musical tastes are way to close to Segue Myles.

Not that that's a bad thing.

O my...I'm gonna cry...

Is that a good or bad thing?

Oh it is good...like catching sight of a yeti, things like this don't happen every day!

What bands in particular?

Rant over lmao.

Feel better to get that off your chest?.... :huh:

more for me to love ( excluding Bruce, and non-Gabriel Genesis )

Edited by custom55

You should include Bruce.

He is my vote for greatest songwriter of the 20th century, and a strong contender for this century. His longevity speaks for itself.

As for Genesis, will check them out...I have avoided them because they don't really seen like my cuppa joe.

my 12 year old niece "liked" one of my FB updates about Climax Blues Band.....does this mean I can infiltrate their songs into her visits?? LOL

I've tried for maybe the billionth time today. But nope. Pet Sounds may be the most overrated Over hyped record in music history.

I know people hate the term overrated. but no other word describes it for me. Sorry.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I've tried for maybe the billionth time today. But nope. Pet Sounds may be the most overrated Over hyped record in music history.

I know people hate the term overrated. but no other word describes it for me. Sorry.

Mick

So much of it is brilliant, you can't deny it. BUT, some of it sounds like dated 1960s movie soundtrack music. In the end, I too think it's overrated, but still essential.

Mick

So much of it is brilliant, you can't deny it. BUT, some of it sounds like dated 1960s movie soundtrack music. In the end, I too think it's overrated, but still essential.

I Agree.....nice moments. and that's the key word......moments. As an album though. it just doesn't hang together.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

I LOVE THIS ALBUM SOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUCH!!

I prefer it to so many of the Beatles albums! And Bruce Springsteen...and every single Rush album. IT IS PERFECTION!!

Mick

I prefer it to so many of the Beatles albums! And Bruce Springsteen...and every single Rush album. IT IS PERFECTION!!

Rock on!!!!!! lol. Just can't agree. First album that literally put me to sleep. Every time i put it on I think of things i'd rather be doing

I don't think that was the intent, lol

Mick

Mick

EVERY Rush album? You may want to reconsider.

Mick

EVERY Rush album? You may want to reconsider.

He's get's over-excited, lol

Mick